Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gazor,

The Heim Joint preload spacer set is just awesome. They removed all slop from my tail grips. I have yet to test the Chinese weights, but expecting postive results.

Raz
Razmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
Gazor,

The Heim Joint preload spacer set is just awesome. They removed all slop from my tail grips. I have yet to test the Chinese weights, but expecting postive results.

Raz
Can you post a link for what you got? I need something to take up the slop in my tail.
Goblin 500, IKON, Edge 100, TM1000
ThomasHumble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thomas,

You'll need to PM Heim Joint. He'll respond with a menu to choose from. You'll need the preload spacer set for the Trex 250. Addionally, you'll need to purchase a set of Align 681X bearings if you don't already own a set. It's a fantastic fix. I have no slop in my tail now.

The Chinese weights can be purchased separately. I purchased a tuned set for the weighted blade grips. Heim has a YouTube video illustrating the efficiency difference. They are pretty slick.

Raz
Old 02-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
Hi Guys,

My first Align helicopter and feel rather irritated with the swash linkage. I'm at 12.5mm per the manual on all cyclic servo arms. Not only are my pitch and aileron servos out of sync during collective travel, what's the story with the elevator linkage geometry?

I figure I'll need to dial down the PIT travel in the swash menu from 60% as my aim is 12 degrees of pitch on either side of 0 pitch, but what's deal here?

I'm using an 3GX versio 3.0 in DIR mode and 415's on Cyclic...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raz
Hi razmo,

Did you ever get to the solution as to why you had out of sync movement on your swash????

I have the exact same problem on my pro dfc swash
mutna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I assume you mean that the wrong servos are moving with your collective? If so thats down to the FBL setup, you may have some channels that need reversing.

What FBL controller are you using? Somebody here may be able to help, or you could post in the FBL controller forum of helifreak. Someone will definitely know what it is.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 04:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
I assume you mean that the wrong servos are moving with your collective? If so thats down to the FBL setup, you may have some channels that need reversing.

What FBL controller are you using? Somebody here may be able to help, or you could post in the FBL controller forum of helifreak. Someone will definitely know what it is.
Hi thanks for the reply, the swash moves in the correct direction and the ar7200bx is setup prrectly, I've set it up loads and I'm quite familiar with it now, the problem lies with the pitch servo moving out of sync with aileron and elevator once I'm in the higher collective range if that makes sense, the pitch servo seems to travel than the aileron and elevator even though travel adjust is the same on the transmitter.

Any ideas guys????
mutna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

That may be normal, many FBL controllers have tweaks to account for the extra drag on the tail.

I don't know BeastX, but if you've followed the setup steps and everything is moving and correcting in the proper directions then I would fly it and tune from there.

Generally speaking you can't judge FBL behaviour on the bench. Once you have finished with the setup process there are usually a lot of complex interactions going on.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Mutana,

Oh boy, I'm forgetting. I completed the machine and test hovered by hand, which was butter smooth. However. I have yet to fly her, she's been covered and shelved since. One too many kits, life and not enough time , but been planning to fly her soon though.

One thought, have you adjusted your end points so that you're swash is level at high stick, same for low stick versus just mid stick? It's possible the BeastX doesn't offer this adjustment. I know other FBL units do, never used the BeastX.

I built mine with a 3GX, but don't recall if it offered high and low stick end point adjustment, whether I solved this issue or if I settled with being comfortable determining whether it was a problem during flight, which I haven't done yet .. Time flies..

Raz
Old 02-26-2015, 05:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
That may be normal, many FBL controllers have tweaks to account for the extra drag on the tail.
Check the "Swashplate-Pitching up compensation" setting in the Parameters menu (short press of the programming button). This looks like it changes the travel amount of the elevator vs. the other two servos at pitch extremes. But best to fly it and see how it reacts in the air.

Paul
pgoelz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone end up fixing this i seem to have the same problem servo 2 lags but in the middle is fine?
FFXIJehuty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in