Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim > Phoenix Custom Creations

Phoenix Custom Creations Phoenix Flight Sim Custom Models and Fields

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Getting started with a new flying site?

I am looking at building a new flying site.

I have the instructions but I have questions re the pictures needed to get started. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

- It seems over 100 pictures will be required. What is the minimum photo resolution required for a quality Phoenix site?
- I need to create six sides of the cube. Are the individual pictures merged into one side within the builder program or done outside of the program with with something like photoshop. I'm suspecting photoshop, but want to check before putting the time into it.

If 6 single images are what is needed to input to the builder and you have the images you used for your site, would you be willing to share them to help me determine how the edges work. Please PM if you are willing to share so I can send you my email address.

Thanks for your advice.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2016, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It seems that the folks at Phoenix have posted a tutorial on youtube.

Phoenix Builder - Basic flying site tutorial (9 min 39 sec)

There's a link below the video to some files for practice.

Thanks Phoenix.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to create the field where I fly on Phoenix. I wonder why the autorotation trainer never seems to work on user created fields?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've just created my field photographs with a Spark, but loads of work to do yet. I've created the Cubemaps and imported into the builder. Got to create the ground plane and build the collision items. Its a start though
lainchy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've created the Panorama by using a DJi Spark in Sphere mode, stitched the 46 images with Microsoft ICE, expanded to image to rebuild the missing sky, then created a CubeMap by using the following free utility... Convert Panorama

Building the collision zones is a nightmare lol. The spot landing for Auto's I think is done via a "Position" much like a default aircraft or heli take off spot, or windsock.
lainchy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in