Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deleted to stay on the politically correct side to not hurt any distributors or sensible souls !....
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't wait to get my hands on this new MTR ,I Am getting sick of people asking me ,why does that compass MTR sound like that ,I really don't have an answer for them
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Prototype Warp 360 Scorpion motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachur779 View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on this new MTR ,I Am getting sick of people asking me ,why does that compass MTR sound like that ,I really don't have an answer for them
It wouldn't be a lie telling them that magnet(s) are touching the stator plates.
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #204 (permalink)

Default Motor update

I thought an announcement was coming on the stock motor noise soon!Would be nice to know.
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I thought an announcement was coming on the stock motor noise soon!Would be nice to know.
Steve
+1

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a new Compass motor coming out???
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

new motor is coming apparently.

cheers
raptorheli2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #208 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachur779 View Post
I was asked about the noise by two different people the other night at the Dome. I just told them it was a new motor that has a low speed noise issue, and that a fix of some type is coming out for it. Not really a big deal to me being that the motor runs just fine. Though I do have to say that I'm anxious for the fix as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Prototype Warp 360 Scorpion motor

will they be replacing all?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk2...otherwise i would of sent it from my home PC.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #210 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Until the announcement comes, we regular folk won't know if it will be a fix, an exchange, or some other remedy.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

There will be a statement coming that will cover pretty much all the issues noted in this sub-forum.

I've seen the very first draft with my own eyes .... I know this is getting old real fast, but it will be forthcoming shortly. I know David had mentioned in another thread either just before or during the weekend that they'd have the announcement ready within a few days.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Prototype Warp 360 Scorpion motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
There will be a statement coming that will cover pretty much all the issues noted in this sub-forum.

I've seen the very first draft with my own eyes .... I know this is getting old real fast, but it will be forthcoming shortly. I know David had mentioned in another thread either just before or during the weekend that they'd have the announcement ready within a few days.
Had some technical issues, three times, when trying to post. I'll take it as a sign. Anyway, here's the post that Jeff mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ketelhut View Post
shortly we will be addressing the,

-Motor can,
-Guide wheel assembly concerning the belt popping off reported by some customers.
-boom thickness
-tail blades
-plastic material being used
-canopy placement for CG

this is everything that is in the works currently at compass for the warp. again not everyone is effected by these things but we want to make sure anyone with any kind of issue is coming up with a solution to benefit everyone. official statement with and estimate on dates of these things will be coming in the next week.
https://www.helifreak.com/4640005-post.html
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

If there doing a replacement kits for those that got lemons sign me up

1.kachur779
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Working with yge now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Roffle, no. I still have mine on the test bench doing runs with it. Still hunting for the perfect settings for both the Yep45 and Ice50.

I spent hours yesterday and today soldering and doing test runs.

The Yep45 must be set at Pwm 8 timing 24 or it stutters. The Yep seems to hit the wall at everything other than this, and it also runs at pwm 10 and timing 30 with some slight oscillations. These were hand held motor runs as I took it through dozens of rpm ramps and top end runs. The reason the parameters are so narrow is the Yep is a Yge direct clone. So the phasing ability of this esc is severely tested with the newer 10 magnet count motor. Sadly I won't know what the top end Rpm #s are until I can tach head speed later,.

But for the first time, I have to admit the Castle Ice 50 did a much better job. But only at the 3.2 version software! If you roll it up to the newest version the motor will start stuttering no matter what you do!

So be careful here as a Castle 4.01 beta software bug cuts down its phasing abilities by roughly half. And is difficult to properly integrate into any Skookum or Vbar gov support setup. But by hand feel the Castle seemed to outperform the Yep here, I was slightly surprised to be honest. As these roles were reversed with the Castle HV series against the Yep.

Here are some of the last few days work in progress on this motor. Both esc's laid out with their test harnesses. And the motor semi installed for its first test fit. Wires cut to length.

Plus I had to cut a new notch in the shaft 4mm lower on the top so the set grubs properly seat the can. And of coarse a new perfect one to center the pinion correctly. I set it in place without the grub, felt pen the grub spot on the shaft and then pull it apart for the exact dremel spot.

Not sure you guys want me posting up two dozen Castle logs or not? But I will post one. Simply to show how insanely low these amp draws are with this new motor. (At least unloaded!)

Now I can put this heli back together, set up the Sk720, and give it a few flights.
Shtumpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtumpa View Post
Working with yge now?
That is a good question. Yge has newer software than the pirated Yep that I used. I tried every combo possible and the Yep wouldn't cooperate. The motor runs fantastic with the Ice 50 and even better using the Sk720 gov. Wicked!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to add, another member Pmd me and told me the Yge works perfectly.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
That is a good question. Yge has newer software than the pirated Yep that I used. I tried every combo possible and the Yep wouldn't cooperate. The motor runs fantastic with the Ice 50 and even better using the Sk720 gov. Wicked!
What timing and PWM did you end up with on the castle 50?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonson63 View Post
What timing and PWM did you end up with on the castle 50?
Actually several worked. Which is really rare. Usually I end up with three that give me what I call pure runs. Where the dual rpm ramps I do during my 2 to 3min runs, and the top speed runs are smooth as butter while the motor is being held by hand. No micro oscillations. So several will work, but three stood out.

I just wrote about this this morning in the Yep thread in the 450 section. But it comes down to this. No two motors run exactly the same. Even identical twins. Variances in wiring, core density, magnets, and other factors will cause two motors to run with different settings.

In some ways this will be determined by the way you fly? If you are after more flight time you adjust the timing/pwm rates. If you are unconcerned with that, and are after nothing more than raw power, the rates will end up differently. With higher pwm rates for one.

So for mine I chose a setting that gave me an average amp draw, not peak power. And lower motor temps. But I am also prepping for a heavier blade load than most will be. As my Warp isn't being built for pure 3D work. I needed to explain this first.

So currently my Ice 50 is running at motor start 39. Tim high (10). Pwm 8.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in