Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A good jacket or even coat. August in Indiana will be nice and 80's during the day, but will dip well below 50 at night. It was funny I ran into a guy at Walmart at 5 am Friday morning who was from the coast and he was getting a thick sleeping bag. I shouldn't say much my wife didn't pack any pants only shorts so we were there to get her some long pants.
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also if you have allergies. One of the best tips is to order some local honey. http://www.huntershoneyfarm.com/s.nl...category.21/.f and use it several weeks before you come. That may of helped Will.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerfly View Post
Never been to IRCHA or Indiana, So is there anything this SoCal grown Helifreak should bring?
Ready for a good time and long days, short nights.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmrsdtr1 View Post
Per AMA Assistant Executive Director, Joyce Hager: We will once again have 45 two-seat golf carts for rent during IRCHA. $35 per day. First day deposit required and is not refundable. Reservation requests should be sent to Kim Shaneyfelt at kims@modelaircraft.org or (765) 287-1256, ext. 299.

FYI for you guys looking for golfcarts...AMA still has approximately 15 for rent for IRCHA. Call HQ and speak to Kim at the number above.
Co-owner, JAG RC, LLC
fmrsdtr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I in. !!!!
My wife got everything ready for us to go. It's our anniversary and she did it as an anniversary gift for me. What a good woman, registered, got a hotel, and a cart.
Temptation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
Ok, I in. !!!!
My wife got everything ready for us to go. It's our anniversary and she did it as an anniversary gift for me. What a good woman, registered, got a hotel, and a cart.
Man your wife is COOL

Compass Field Rep/KBDD Team pilot/Experiencrc.com
sewerfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 2014 IRCHA Jamboree Pre- Registration

IRCHA is our 10yr anniversary trip as well.

sent from my phone using circus midgets
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wasn't going to go this year but my beautiful wife actually suggested we both go.
rcmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
I wasn't going to go this year but my beautiful wife actually suggested we both go.
That is exactly what happened to me and I thought she had a bad time!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile No reg. req'd, IRCHA CHECKLISTS &SWARM PARTY

Better get those parts ordered, it's fRIDAY MORNING and the clock is ticking. Parts arrive by Tuesday, fix the birds, check the batteries,fuel,spares, tune the bird, no hard 3D too late to
risk a splat. Take the wife out tomorrow, it's Friday. Keep your conversation on family and wifey stuff, don't slip and let helicopter stuff come out of your mouth. Saturday do the kid duty and let momma have a day to herself and toss her a two fittys, seed money so you won't feel guilty when you hit the midway at Muncie and drop a few hundred on your latest heli fix. Sunday, get up, shower, shave, put on the choke rope and do the church thing with the family and smile alot and even mouth the words when it's time to sing. Don't fall asleep in the pews. Good time to throw in a little IRCHA PRAYER, don't let the car break down, don't get a big head and say to your buddies "Watch This" and don't splatter one while Mark Ryder is filming your latest moves. Monday and only a week to go, get to the job stay focused and start working on the loading list and packing for the annual heli heaven gathering in Muncie. You get home, mow the grass, install those parts that arrived. Now a serious review of the checklist and last minute phone calls to the buds that are joining your caravan across the country. Check the camper or hotel reservations, pack your heli garb, dig out the coolers, table,chairs, generator. Starting to think about the game plan upon arrival, register, join IRCHA. Oh damn, forgot to renew the AMA, get on computer quick and get that done. Helis ready, car ready, spare parts, field equipment ready, all your best heli funfly t-shirts, hats, shorts, flipflops packed. Now what to eat. Well the Boys Scouts do OK for breakfast. One night it's Pizza King, another night it's Texas Roadhouse. Let's see, IRCHA buys dinner one night just before the prize giveaway. Oh yea, might throw a heli prayer in there for one of those grand prizes. So that leaves only one night to cover for eats.
Shazam, forgot , those wacky guys fron Wisconsin,Florida & Michigan have that covered. It's only two weeks, a half a month, fourteen days until the best heli party byob potluck eat-a-rama under the big top, IT'S NEARLY SWARM PARTY time. Hooters got nuttin', Bdub's is left in the dust, the Col. Sander's wishes he had their secret when it comes to wings. Those chefs, Launch-Pad Lewis and Coach "put down my Corona" Sherman will be manning the fry pit making crispy treets out of all those poulet parts, that's chicken wings & legs mes amies. Meanwhile mad scientist "Timbers" will will have his bubbling cauldrons of double trouble turning basic fare into tongue teasing treets. At the opposite end of the gourmet gangplank, "Cigar Man" WrenJet Ron will be manning that big black meat monster slow roasting pounds of pork all day to turn all the throngs of Copter Krazies into Pavlov's dog drooling until it gets dark enough to beg for some scraps. Hopefully Gus & Gang get busy and whip up that Jumping Jambalaya they do so well.
You've been thinking Jennie Craig, yelling at Marie Osmond & Dan Marino watching the Nutrisystem ads, you've almost pulled the trigger on the "Insanity" vids or maybe Chuck Norris almost scared you into spending for the "total gym, almost as big a waste as the Total G" so you could get ripped and attract Christy Brinkley milf types. (in your dreams stupid). You stood in the family room wiggling your butt to the hot latin babes doing the Zumba stuff. Well friends, I'm here to tell you that was all a waste of time. But with a little help from DJ's Todd & Rayray
you will be able to keep in shape while shakin' it and savoring all the fine fare. To start you off with your dancing in the dark party the doctor recommends a "rumball" at least one every 20 minutes for the first 3 hours. They will cure all your ills and should be washed down with copious amounts of your favorite fluid byob. That's the SWARM HEALTHY DIALAROTOR DIET PLAN and it's free.
So now that Friday night is covered, get your nightflyer ready, bring your friends and your best heli lies & stories down where the music is LOUD, the tiki lights are bright and where the "air dancer" is doing his thing. It's SWARM PARTY TIME, the best FRIDAY NIGHT OF THE YEAR.
TICK TOCK JUST 12 DAYS TO IRCHA AND 14 TO SWARM, SEE YOU THERE.

Last edited by dialarotor; 07-25-2014 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: spelling
dialarotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #71 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Also if you have allergies. One of the best tips is to order some local honey. http://www.huntershoneyfarm.com/s.nl...category.21/.f and use it several weeks before you come. That may of helped Will.
I got inhalers, nebulizer and multiple asthma medicines. I will be ready. If I have a reaction again, I have to leave. I hope all is good.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default so you just got home from church, the plan is working right?

You've worked your way part way through the above checklist. Sunday afternoon. You took momma out Friday night, Saturday you did the little league or worse soccer thing with the ankle-biters. Now just a little covert puttering around in the workshop or garage. Sunday dinner is just settling and you helped rid & do the dishes. Maybe you let the wife have a nap while to sneak out to the field to tune a few helis, REMEMBER NO BIG DOGS MOVES, you burn it into the ground now and you just shot yourself in the foot. The big heli houses will be loading their trucks this week and will be too busy to get your parts/repair order to you in time to load the hooptee for the road trip. So just a hover with lots of smoke and a few pogoes and call it good. Don't stay too long or all the suckup work of the previous 2 days will cancel out your keeping low key before the big push next weekend headed for the cornfields of central Indiana, the HOOSIER HELIPAD. Remember to fill the gas can, you have to mow the yard Wednesday or Thursday, good time to give the generator an oil change and some fresh gas and a test. Sneak up on this trip and by Friday you will be ready to come home with Chinese Take-Out for the wife & family, next Saturday is loading day and up Early Sunday Morning, hit the road at O-dark-30, oh, sorry honey, I have to miss church today, we are all meeting up to head to IRCHA. You don't have to tell her you're meeting up a Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel for the biggest heli pilot brunch and roadshow of the season. TMI if you tell her, you're deadmeat.
BTW by now you should have hit the ATM 2 or 3 times pulling a little heli cash out each time, the $200 limit withdrawal at the last minute isn't going to cut it unless you fly a Blade 130x or MCPX. Go for broke bring the big bills and score the big deal. You can always tell wifey you won it.

Anyway, STICK TO THE CODE, it's more of a guide. Capt. Mike has your back. Just keep your hands off my Corona and pass the rumballs.
dialarotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #73 (permalink)

Default Camping in a tent

Anyone know anything about primitive camping at site 4..? Like will it cost to do that and can we arrive a couple days early and start flying? Any info will help!!!
delandRCman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by delandRCman View Post
Anyone know anything about primitive camping at site 4..? Like will it cost to do that and can we arrive a couple days early and start flying? Any info will help!!!
There is more information about camping on the IRCHA website at www.ircha.org/camping-jamboree. Fees are on the AMA website at www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/camping.aspx.
Co-owner, JAG RC, LLC
Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dam im gettin exited Got my Heli's all packed up in the big golf case ready to go Ain't got no BUG spray Do I really need it? Checking my list hope I don't forget anything.

Compass Field Rep/KBDD Team pilot/Experiencrc.com
sewerfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hotel help

Is anyone canceling there hotel reservation? I have decided to go but Muncie hotels are booked.
kevinbj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 2014 IRCHA Jamboree Pre- Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbj View Post
Is anyone canceling there hotel reservation? I have decided to go but Muncie hotels are booked.
Just get a hotel in Anderson. I would have camped but my wife just had to have a hotel...
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

May have to.. looks as if there rooms are sold out also.. I need somthing of quality cause the family is coming.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

kevinbj,

Check New Castle. It's 30-35 minutes to the south of Muncie; about the same distance as Anderson, and is just as easy to get from there to AMA by taking State Road 3 to 67. There are several hotels there that are fairly close to I-70.
Co-owner, JAG RC, LLC
Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok great. .thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in