Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with spinning heli

I really hated to start another thread about this problem, but I have looked through the other threads like this or at least the ones I found and I haven't been able to fix my problem.
I was flying the other day ( Sunday ) and the helicopter went behind a storage building and i lost site and orientation and I hit throttle hold to try to minimize the damage. It went down but not really that hard. It didn't break anything that I can find. I checked the feathering shaft, main shaft, main blades and tail blades and I checked all the servo's and they all seemed fine.
When I tried to fly again, it would spin up fine until it got close to enough RPM's to lift off and then the tail would spin around and almost crash while on the ground..
I brought it in and took it all apart and still could find nothing wrong and went through the complete setup in the beast X ( I have a microbeast and a 6210 receiver setup on this 300. Everything went fine and when I tried to fly it again it did the same thing. when the RPM's got high enough to lift off, the tail would just spin the heli around and around. I double checked the setup in F,M, and N and it is still the same. F is red, M is purple, and N is red. I checked that the tail was spinning counter clockwise which it is, so I have no idea what the issue is. I even tried 2 new tail servo's.
Could it be that the microbeast is bad now ?
When it is sitting still, with throttle hold on, I can work the tail left and right and it works great, just when it spins up to enough RPM's to lift off.
I would very much appreciate any and all suggestions ! I am just about to pull my hair out on this thing. I've just about tried everything I can. I even checked to see if the belt could be the problem but it looks great. I checked the tension and it's like it is suppose to be. I even checked the tail blades to make sure I didn't put one on backwards.
Thanks guys !
ps: sorry for such a long post, but i wanted to give as much info as possible.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem with another heli of mine. It was bc the tail grips weren't on the tail drive shaft good and wasn't spinning fast enough to keep up with the torque of the main rotor. Did you check your gear for the tail drive. I'm just throwing out suggestions.
Trav142 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Have you checked the tightness of the belt? There is a slot on the boom clamp that you can check your belt tension there. Use a driver and slightly push on the belt. Best tension is when your belt can go about half way. If this is good, check to see is there are any missing teeth on the belt as well as look at the tail pulley and the tail drive above the main gear.

Another thing is to check your tail pitch as well. Make sure it is at least zero pitch but best to give it about 3-5 degrees.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks nartac & Trav for all the suggestions ! I have checked the belt tightness and it seems to be good but some of the other things you have recommended I have not checked, so i will give those a try and see what happens. I have a Dr's appointment out of town tomorrow so i wont be able to try anything, but I will on Friday and let you know what i find.
Thanks again guys for your help so far !
Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an issue that did the same thing as yours and I was able to fix it by changing F from red to blue or visa versa....It's like the gyro is giving reversed inputs. Anyway...quick to try and if it doesn't work just switch it back. I tested by just spooling it up on the ground without taking off.

Best of luck.......
Xciler8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hold the tail and try and turn the mains if u can it's because the belt is slipping, the gear on the belt shaft has broke loose or like trav said.
Kev@dhw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev@dhw View Post
Hold the tail and try and turn the mains if u can it's because the belt is slipping, the gear on the belt shaft has broke loose or like trav said.
I was getting ready to head to the Dr office and I saw your post so i thought I would give it a quick try and held the tail while trying to turn the main blades. I can turn the main blades without too much trouble so i believe that is where the issue is. When I get back home tonight I am going to tear the tail apart and check everything back there and take the belt off and see if it could be missing some teeth.
Thanks guys for all your help and if anybody can think of anything else please keep em coming !
If i find the issue I will post it back here so that if anybody else has a similar issue this thread might be able to help them.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I replaced the belt and the rear pulley and it now flies like it should again ! Both the belt and the pulley looked good and I couldn't see any issues with either, but I decided to change them both out anyway. I went back with the metal pulley on the rear since that is what i had as a spare.
I do need to work on the pitch now though. I noticed that when I did a punch-out, it didn't climb as quick as it did. I set it at 12 degrees of pitch, like i always have and i use an Align 800 digital pitch gauge so I am pretty sure everything is set right.
Any ideas anybody ?

Last edited by BigRHS; 08-30-2013 at 09:40 PM..
BigRHS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could play with the pitch boost on the beastx. I've never played with it. I'm not that good yet. Did you have the metal pulley on before? It might be possible the extra centrifugal weight from the metal pulley could make a difference. I don't know for sure it's just a thought.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually solved a problem like this over the weekend with my model, and I don't know if my solution would relate to your problem, but the information can't hurt.

The symptom looked like a fairly smooth spool up, with the sorts of wobbles you might expect as the blades find where they want to swing from the roots. As I get much past 40% throttle, where you start to have some tail authority on the ground, all of a sudden the thing would throw itself into a wild pirouette, scraping my vertical stabilizer around on the concrete.

The cause was a recent crash which caused some damage to my canopy post, and I previously did not realize my main gear struck the ground as well, bending the aluminum OWB hub just far enough to put the main gear off axis. I couldn't see it until I spooled up on the bench with no blades on and stared at the gear, watching it wobble 1-2 mm up and down on the pinion like a tire with loose lugs. Changed back to stock main gear hub for now - the gear tracks correctly now, and no more spinning woes.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys for not replying sooner. I was in a pretty bad car wreck yesterday and I'm still in the hospital. I'm ok, just beat up from the belt and air bags mostly.
I will get back to you guys when I get home.
Thanks for the reply's guys, I really do appreciate all the help !
Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Sorry guys for not replying sooner. I was in a pretty bad car wreck yesterday and I'm still in the hospital. I'm ok, just beat up from the belt and air bags mostly.
I will get back to you guys when I get home.
Thanks for the reply's guys, I really do appreciate all the help !
Best wishes, Big. Get well soon
Old 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you're OK, hope you're back up in the air soon. Sorry to hear about the crash.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear about the wreck big. Hope everything works out well and quick for ya!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in