Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default I did go to the proper chanels

I went to outrage first then they told me to go to Helidirect and the answer they gave me was we'll send the parts but we don't have the canopy but when we get it in we'll give it to you for cost (25) but then I got thinking why should I have to pay for the canopy when I payed for a good one with the kit that was delayed longer than it should have been?
The canopy looks like spiderwebs are all over it. Now they want me to send it back on my dime this to me is not customer service. This kit is costing me more than the should have! I don't think this is unreasonable to ask for the return shipping
watcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ok! now I dont want this heli anymore

I'm to the point that I installed the motor and clutch and wow found the clutch and clutch bell were binding when the main gear spins. so I looked closser and the starter shaft looks to be bent slightly. it almost will turn the motor over when you spin the main gear
Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Both clutch stack and motor mount are adjustable, and need to be lined up properly. They should either be pushed all the way rearward in their slots for the stock 8.6:1 gear, or all the way forward in the slots for the optional 8.8:1 main gear.

Hope that was the issue and not a bent starter shaft.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey All, most of you guys either know me or know about me and that we (Outrage) bend over backwards to make the customer happy. We are sorry for some of the issues you have had in the kits and will make it right if given the chance to do so.

Watcher, I am pretty much the final say on all customer service matters with in Outrage. Tim S contacted me about your issues with the tail box, push rod guide and Canopy. I was also the one that instructed him to direct you to Larry at Helidirect as they deal with retail customers on a daily basis and can get parts out to a retail customer faster than we can at Outrage. I thought we had made you happy with the canopy. As you were given the choice to either

1) return the canopy with the cracked paint in exchange for a new canopy free of charge.

or

2) keep the original cracked paint canopy as a "practice or spare canopy" and we would give you a very large discount and free shipping on a new canopy once they are in stock from Canomod

I feel that either of the above solutions are very fare to you.

This is Chinese New Year time overseas and pretty much every thing is shut down. We are very sorry but this effects our ability to get canopies from Canomod right now. But once back in stock we can take care of either of the above options, your choice.

You can contact me at 'greg@outragerc.com' or directly at my contact info in my signature if there is something else you would like to speak to me about. I am here for all the Outrage customers.
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too had canopy issues but figured It would need to be replace after the first crash anyway, so I'm not worried. Aside from that ONE minor issue I experienced, I would buy another. However if your giving out discounts for defects, I'll apply it to a 90 sized Heli from outrage ...

On lunch I managed to maiden the N2 today. Nothing fancy just normal flight to break in the motor!!! Smooth with a quick tail!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default talked with helidirect today again

well would like to say they are quick to respond to the issues and realy nice
with that being said now I'm just waiting for the parts so I can finish this heli! I realy want to fly it
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default got the replacement parts

had a issue with the mail but helidirect was quick to respond with new parts asap very impressed with larry and helidirect
I'll add pictures of what the mail man handed my wife guess this is my luck
After replaceing the pinion gear and clutch bell the gear mesh is smooth as silk
all my issues are good with the frame now thanks for your help helidirect and larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	287403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2421.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	287404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2422.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	287405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2423.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	287406  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in