Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post

So my friends, I have come full circle... mild BL IS better than stock
Not to mention spinning me in circles in the meantime!

Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Does anyone else prefer their stock Nano to their mild BL Nano?

What's the emoticon for face palm?

glad you now see the light

Sent from tapatalk
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got it dialed in! . It is amazing what some tuning will do for a heli!
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
skeppley- was that a MILD setup you were flying in the vids? Sounds like pretty high head speed...
Those vids are the mild running only 69%!!

It doesnt need more for indoors for me

mixfisto: glad to hear your keeping it

If you still feel a lack of power try soldering the motor wires and the battery wires direct to the esc. That should pep her up a bit
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Those vids are the mild running only 69%!!

It doesnt need more for indoors for me

mixfisto: glad to hear your keeping it

If you still feel a lack of power try soldering the motor wires and the battery wires direct to the esc. That should pep her up a bit
Wow, am I excited at getting this built!

Did you use the stock battery connector and wires to the ESC? That is my last question, whether I need higher gauge wire and a new connector...though I guess I can order it and use the stock components until they arrive...
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Skeppley.

My wife bought the hot/cold pack. You can get them at Walgreens or Target any place like that.

They are for sore muscles or any type of issue that requires hot or cold treatment. I think they have some type of clay in them.

The one we have has a cloth sleeve the pack slides into. I just heat it up for about 2 1/2 minutes and fold it in half with the batteries nesting inside.

I even notice a difference in power inside by heating the batteries up, I just think the little batteries perform better when they are warm. I have no idea how well they will hold up but they are cheap enough to replace.
David Canfield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Wow, am I excited at getting this built!

Did you use the stock battery connector and wires to the ESC? That is my last question, whether I need higher gauge wire and a new connector...though I guess I can order it and use the stock components until they arrive...
That one is heavier wire with a stock connector soldered on the end.
I have another that uses the stock connector hooked to the stock location with no problems at all with power, so your mileage will vary. Try it on the stock first for a nice clean look If power is low, then start with heavier wires direct to the 3 amp esc.

HeatPad:
thanks David,
I'll be picking that up at target very soon i notice the loss of power when the batteries are sitting on a cold tile floor or tile countertop too. So the warmer the better
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

once my nano kit gets here in a few days I'll have my first bl nano and I plan on keeping it bl but I also plan on buying a second nano and keeping it all stock
13kawasaki13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I have some first impressions after my first full evening flying the mild BL. Using stock 150 mAh 25C eFlites, running in Gov TX mode I am getting between 2.5 and 3.5 minutes - just hovering. I'm not thrilled with those flight times, probably still need to do a little tweaking of my settings. I had a couple of LVC bailouts, and some flights where I hit the voltage "grey-out" on the ESC and had to set it down. After I shortened flight times I didn't see any more LVC problems. I was hoping I would still get 4 minutes out of these batteries. They're new (less than 40 flights each) and not abused. I'm running at ambient temperatures of between 65 and 70 degrees, same as I was with the stock motor. Guess I'll have to try heating them too.

I AM thrilled with the way it flies now! In IU and a flat 75% TC it's very responsive and has plenty of power. For leisure hovering, I followed Dylwad's recommendation and went with 0-68-68-68-68 TC in Normal. I may move that up and down to see if it improves battery life, but the handling is docile enough at that head speed that I don't have so much trouble with it getting away from me. Next I think I'll try using GOV Arm mode with a curve and see if that may reduce battery drain. I'm not sure this will improve flight time, but its worth a try. lovespicyfood: I'm running with the stock battery leads in the stock location.

Goosky Legend S2
Goosky Legend S1
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice one! I still love my stock one for indoor flying, im still getting used to the mild setup still not totally happy with it myself! My complete brushless runs a 16500kv (wild) setup and I love it!!! Inside or out!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Nice one! I still love my stock one for indoor flying, im still getting used to the mild setup still not totally happy with it myself! My complete brushless runs a 16500kv (wild) setup and I love it!!! Inside or out!

How did you do the your brushless tail? Is that with the stock length boom?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
How did you do the your brushless tail? Is that with the stock length boom?
its a kit from pjacqs a hp03 t motor with his special made motor mount a RRC 65mm blade and a solid cf boom mcpX length.

It has no wag or vibs and holds really well. Much better than the mild set up I have.

I think he charges $70 for the whole tail kit with esc.

well worth it but I think I would only add this to a 16500kv main motor not the 13500kv as the stock tail and motor works fine with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
its a kit from pjacqs a hp03 t motor with his special made motor mount a RRC 65mm blade and a solid cf boom mcpX length.

It has no wag or vibs and holds really well. Much better than the mild set up I have.

I think he charges $70 for the whole tail kit with esc.

well worth it but I think I would only add this to a 16500kv main motor not the 13500kv as the stock tail and motor works fine with it.
Ok I knew about his brushless tail kit for 70.00. Glad to see someone happy with it.
I may just keep my Nano mild and grab up the new MCPX. For 102.00 more I could have the 16500 BL motor and the BL tail kit which would be a total of 167.00 plus its initial 149.00 price tag.

By the time I upgrade the Nano further I'll be getting closer to the price of the new MCPX BL.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
Ok I knew about his brushless tail kit for 70.00. Glad to see someone happy with it.
I may just keep my Nano mild and grab up the new MCPX. For 102.00 more I could have the 16500 BL motor and the BL tail kit which would be a total of 167.00 plus its initial 149.00 price tag.

By the time I upgrade the Nano further I'll be getting closer to the price of the new MCPX BL.
I know what you mean! The complete BL main and tail from pjacqs was $150 which I was happy about, but if Id known that the BL mcpX was about to come out I think Id of left the nano as stock and gone for the mcpX myself... Like you say its about the same price as a stock nano + complete BL upgrades...
Saying that im so happy with my pjacqs BL conversion I dont regret it and will still get the mcpX BL he he ... in time!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I believe I'd just as soon have the MCPX BL as a 600e I'm thinking about building. You can learn so much on these little devils without the downtime and expense of crash and rebuilds.

My wild works great! I'm getting 3.5 good strong minutes of flight on it and land it then instead of moping around another 30 seconds.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bladecpnitro, what batteries are you using? I'm running a mild kit with stock 25c batts. and only getting about 2.5 to 3 mins.

Goosky Legend S2
Goosky Legend S1
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smokin, I run the stock eflights and Glaciers. I have my timer set for 2:10 and come down around 2:30. The stock are ok, the Glaciers are better (and much cheaper
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! I'll have to check with my LHS and see if they have any of the new 35C stock ones. So far, those seem to be getting the nod, with the Glaciers a close second.

Goosky Legend S2
Goosky Legend S1
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just picked up 4 of the 35C 150 1S Eflite batteries. Haven't put them to the test yet but I'll be running them in my mild BL Nano tomorrow afternoon at the gym in Battle Creek MI (just in case anyone is in the area). We can't make it to efest but will have a much smaller version for ourselves.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Very curious to see how the 35c eflights compare to the Glaciers... I have 5 Glaciers , but thinking of getting 5 more (fyi-I think 1/5 is weak, but 3/5 of the stock eflights were weak as well...)
I might hold off until a few of you test those out
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in