Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need a video of what swash movements should look like

Hi guys, Im new to FBL and im confused. I tried connecting all my wires to the rx and servos to the gt-5 but i dont think its right. when i input left on my right stick are only the 2 front servos supposed to move like the flybarred helis? On my setup all 3 move!! I know im in 120 degrees on my tx and its 120 on the gt5. Im flying a trex600efl. my collective movement is slow, all my swash movements are slow so im asking is there anyone that has a quick video that shows the tx and swash movements???? I am so scared to maiden this thing as I do not think i have it set up right. I plugged in all my servos to the rx first and have full movements of my servos so i dont think that my fut standard digitals are an issue. I just need a visual of what swash movements to expect. I have not adjusted any of the gains or endpoints or rates in the gt5, just enough to set the type to electric, swash 120 and freq for the tail servo. I didnt set that up for the swash servos yet? would that make a difference????
vic7322 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm not familiar with your particular FBL system, but I would NOT attempt to fly it based solely upon what you described in the aileron control check. The elevator servo should not move if only aileron input is given.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

u should set to 1 servo or 90 degree on your TX. i assumed u are using mode 2, yes only front 2 servos move as u are giving aileron input. swashplate movement is the same with a flybarred heli. just that the when it comes to gyro compensation, it should move the opposite when u swing the whole heli. depend on which direction.
vintcs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok great, yea i was NOT planning on flying until I understand how the swash moved, what do you mean set 1 servo to 90?? i thought the trex600efl was a 120 type. Also im using s3152 cyclics.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

if u are using a FBL gyro, then u shouldnt set the tx side to 120 degree for swash type. everything will be done on the fbl gyro. which Tx u using?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

OHH!!! really?? I am still using a hitec eclipse 7 on 72 mhz. I have my tx set to heli mode and on 120!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

taken from GT5 manual.

Important settings for the transmitter:

All swashplate mixing is done by the GT5. In your transmitter you
have to choose as swashplate type „mechanical or 1 servo for each
function“. So you MUST NOT choose in your transmitter a
swashplate type like 120° or 140°.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I must have forgotten how to read then, thank you sir, well then is selecting 90 OK? is that the equivenlent of 1 servo per function?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

yep , set your transmitter as said , the gt5 does the mixing for ya
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys, sorry I didnt read that part! I missed that in the manual, so use to using my tx to control everything like that. Giving it a try when i get home today
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

remember NO subtrim or trim on your TX too. cheers
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
sbc
Registered Users

Also remember, on the Tx ...

Do not set sub-trim
Do not set end point
Do not set servo reverse for cyclic

But...

You MAY set DR and expo
You may need to set servo reverse for tail & gyro
(Inserted) You may need to set servo reverse for collective
You need to set throttle and pitch curve
You need to set gyro gain initially ( for tuning as per instruction)

Last edited by sbc; 01-31-2012 at 03:25 AM..
sbc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn so I can't reverse collective on my tx? Everything was fine like left right forward and aft movements. But my collective/ throttle up Down was reversed. So I changed that on my tx cause I couldn't get it to work in the gyro
Old 01-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic7322 View Post
Damn so I can't reverse collective on my tx? Everything was fine like left right forward and aft movements. But my collective/ throttle up Down was reversed. So I changed that on my tx cause I couldn't get it to work in the gyro
I had to do this exact thing with collective pitch, cyclic and throttle were perfect but pitch was backwards. 1/2hr of time and had to have gone through the manual a dozen times and came up with nothing so in the end I reversed pitch in my dx8 and didn't have to go back and re-correct anything else.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic7322 View Post
You may reverse every channel you want. At first check if gyro compensation directions are correct. If compensation directions are correct then check directions of stick actions. If aileron/elevator/tail/pitch act to opposite direction as you want, use reverse in TX. I have reversed aileron in my TX on TDR with G-T5.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
sbc
Registered Users

Sorry that I may have confused some people here. I forgot that heli like Mini Titan has swash plate that moves down when pitch goes positive, while for others like Align Trex the swash moves up with positive pitch.

Depending on the type of swash movement and brand of servo, you may have no choice but to reverse the pitch servo in the Tx.

I wish AceRC would remove servo reverse in the gyro menu and 'force' everyone to reverse servo in the Tx.
Right now, some people do it in the gyro, some do it the Tx and some do a combination of both. It can get confusing when trying to troubleshoot someone's set up.

I used to have an Align 3G gyro. While it is not that fantastic as a flybarless gyro, the set up is more straight forward. Most of the settings are done in the Tx, only a few things like gyro sense and gain are done in the gyro itself - pretty much like how you would set up a standard tail gyro.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc View Post
I wish AceRC would remove servo reverse in the gyro menu and 'force' everyone to reverse servo in the Tx.
Right now, some people do it in the gyro, some do it the Tx and some do a combination of both. It can get confusing when trying to troubleshoot someone's set up.
You can not remove servo reverse from any unit! Servo reverse and channel reverse is not same one thing ...
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
sbc
Registered Users

You are right! What was I thinking! With the Tx on 90 deg swash selected, there is no swash menu to reverse the channel for the roll, pitch and collective. Therefore I have to use the servo reverse menu in the Tx as a channel reverse controller.

Am I making any sense?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in