Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just tried Erwin - thank heavens for a fyable day. With a good 20% rudder sub-trim, it is as good as I have seen so far.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What should my expectations be here??

Should the heli be steady in hdg in hover?
Should I expect it to work better when the heli is in motion?
Will there always be a small amount of heading drift?
If the HH is spot on, will the RATE mode be poorer, and v-v ?

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry Mike I am at a loss here, do you still have the creep with 20% sub-trim ( that much ) ?
Old 08-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See the thread below, but I think I have stumbled on success!!
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=80060

I remain unconvinced!!! Persistence is everything.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hope you get it sorted out ,keep us posted
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Mike, Just to throw in my contribution for what it is worth, and perhaps to give you a feel for realistic expectations, here is my two pence worth. I have found that creep and drift are two entirely different issues. Creep, the tendency of the servo arm to very slowly move in one direction or the other, and drift, the tendency of the heli to slowly rotate off heading, in one direction or the other seem to be almost unrelated. In my experience I have never been entirely able to eliminate creep. I can get it to be very slow, but not entirely eliminate it, if my heli is trimmed for flight. If I set out to deliberately eliminate creep, I can do it, but I find that this has little or no bearing on whether my helicopter suffers from heading drift during flight.

If I am suffering from drift when I lift off, which does happen, I simply trim this out with my rudder trim, I can literally do this in the first few seconds of flight. I lift off, it turns left slightly, I trim right, one, two, three clicks, whatever I need, after that it is usually rock solid for that battery. In the other thread, DW states that he has never had to amend the trim on any of the four types of gyros, that he has set up. However, DW is in the very enviable position of facing virtually the same weather, day in and day out. We go out one day it is 10 degrees, the next it is 25 degrees, I wish, any way the point is the gyro crystals are temperature sensitive and I have found it is common to have to trim the drift out but as I said earlier I can do this in seconds. When it is cold I have found that if I trim out the drift at the start of my flight, I have to amend it a couple of times during the battery, as the gyro cools down from originally being warm inside, but it is easy and it is quick and I do it as I am flying.

As an example, I know that when I brought my helicopter in from the last flight, there was no drift in flight as I came in to land. I just checked for creep now and this was quite evident. I then did a little test hover to trim out the drift, which was also quite apparent. When I then checked again for creep it was still present, but I had trimmed my heli to have no drift. So in my experience the creep doesn't seem to have much to do with the drift. If you can trim your heli not to drift off heading once you are in the first small hover of your flight then you will find that this will be manageable. If it changes later, then trim it again.

What exactly happens in flight? Have you tried to simply trim it out? By the way in answer to your question what happens then in rate mode, I didn't know because I never use it, but I just switched during a test hover just now and it was out and began to drift. Two clicks of trim and that was fine too, but then my HH mode was out. I think this might suggest that I am not in the perfect sweet spot with my servo on the boom, but I only use HH so I am not too worried if it is slightly different in the other mode. I guess I should be so that I could switch at will, but I don't want to switch from HH, so what the hey.

As usual others may disagree, but if I have drift, I trim it out and within 5 seconds, not 5 batteries, , I am flying, so it is not too difficult to cope with. Hopefully this might give you some more realistic expectations. If others can perfect it, and find it easy, then so be it, but mine is the way I have described, not perfect, but when it is trimmed it is solid and resists the wind superbly and keeps the heading, and it usually remains just so, but if it doesn't I can fix that in mid flight anyway, so I never really worry about trying to get it absolutely perfect as I don't think our weather conditions will allow this.

Anyway I'm off out now so I won't be able to comment if you reply, but good luck anyway.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gosh, a very full answer, Sutty. Will probably take me another 5 batteries to digest it!! However, I will not be able to test things out a) because I am off to Tampa tomorrow, and more importantly, b) I had a little prang this evening! Well to be honest, I was flying the beastie at 20feet or so and all hell broke out in spirals. I managed to land [ amazingly] and discovered that one of the tail rotor blades had shed!!!!!!! I found it down the garden. Close inspection showed a failure of the black plastic part of the tail rotor blade control arms:
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5131

Bugger!!!!!!! Nicely bent shaft too.

There we are, that's life!!!!!!

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for the input,

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great post Sutty!

That's a new failure I hadn't heard of Mike!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A cracker!!! Will take a pic and post it, when I get back [from here in Tampa] tomorrow. No way could I have checked on that. These things happen...

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I'm a newb on setting up the Dx6i & 704B gyro. In the radio, its worded(default setup) as NORM 0 & STUNT 1. So does NORM mean Rate & STUNT mean Headhold?? If so, does yours say 1 & 0 or 0 & 1 for the order in the gyro setup?

Cut and Paste
------
This will be a good starting point, set the Gyro switch on the Tx to the "0" position this will be HeadHold. Then in the Gyro settings on the Tx set the Rate to 65.0% so this puts the Heli into Head Hold mode. Set the rate on the Tx in Gyro setup so that position "1" is 40.0% for Rate mode. These settings should get your Gyro working so that you can start fine tuning it. You need to adjust in small increments.
Rotax800 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My gyro says 000855 on it but looks the same. Did I get the wrong gyro?
silver93t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in