Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 800mx + 160HV question

Putting an edge 160 in my 700 and didn't even think about the fact that it might pull more power than the 120 by default. I don't exactly understand how esc's decide to pull power so please excuse that...

The only thing I'm concerned with is if this combination will kill some of my lower C rating packs such as my turnigy 30-40C lipos. I don't fly hard 3d, right not just sport flying with some basic flips and rolls as I'm still learning. Is there a way to limit the maximum amperage?

Was also wondering if you can use any lipo as an RX pack. I have a 2s 5000mah rx pack which is totally fine, but am putting bl815 and bl855 servos in and was thinking it might be better to run a 3s lipo as an rx pack instead (regulated to 7.4volts) so that the voltage could stay at 7.4 the entire time, instead of drop with the 2s pack. I have a ton of 3s packs. For example..if I set my BEC to output 7.4 volts with my 2s pack, what will the bec do when the pack voltage drops below 7.4 volts? I could of course, have the bec set to 6 or 6.5 volts and be fine but that seems low for those servos.

Maybe I'm overthinking it because I'm a newb.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2015, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ESC rating is for the Amps it can pass thru it with out being damaged. Thus a castle 120 and a castle 160 will perform the same. The 160 will run cooler.

Your 160 shouldn't be harder on you packs then the 120 was.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 04:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I got the 160 specifically because it will run cooler and I want to keep the esc in the nose. That and I got a deal I couldn't pass up.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run a 850mx with the 160 and I use a pulse 2s 5000 rx Lipos with the bl815's no problem

Oh I didn't notice you said 800mx. I also run in my second bird the 800 with the castle 160 and a Pulse 2s 5000 rx pack as well

Trex700Pro/Trex700LTop/Trex500L/14sgh T$3D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in