Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
Ok so I am into this now... what does the Knob on the left do?? (Stock TX)
Taken from page 16 of the manual ...

The stunt mode throttle curve midpoint adjustment (SM TCM ADJ) knob is located on the forward top left panel, next to the flight mode switch.
This knob allows you to adjust the midpoint value of the throttle curve when in the stunt/idle up fl ight mode. It has no affect on the throttle curve in the normal flight mode, or on the endpoints of the throttle curve in the stunt/idle up fl ight mode.

The SM TCM ADJ knob offers you the ability to adjust the main rotor head speed, and in turn the collective and cyclic control response of the model between the endpoints of the throttle curve in the stunt flight mode.

Typically, a higher main rotor head speed will result in quicker collective and cyclic control response around middle stick.

For example, when you have the knob in the lowest, most counterclockwise position, the main rotor head speed in hover (and during transition from positive to negative pitch, and vice-versa) will be lower than it is when at the top or bottom of the throttle/collective stick range.

When you have the knob in the highest, most clockwise position, the main rotor head speed in hover (and during transition from positive to negative pitch, and vice-versa) will be similar to when you are at the top or bottom of the throttle/collective stick range.

This is generally preferred when flying in breezy conditions, and for the quickest collective and cyclic response. It is also helpful when performing aerobatics like loops and rolls as it will help to maintain more consistent main rotor head speeds.

This also allows for more consistent tail holding power because the torque and main to tail motor mixing changes will be minimized throughout the throttle/collective stick range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nbells. at first I was like.. I read the guide already... can you translate that into newbie??

THen I read the rest.. PERFECT that makes more sense.

I an NOT sure where the knob was at last night when I flipped it.. But at least now I know where it should be thanks for the great answer!!
metalwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
Sounds good then. Personally I like to land in I/U then flip the throttle hold switch, then the f.mode switch off.
If your blades aren't at zero pitch at mid stick then just take a quick glance at where its at when you hit I/U and where the heli is at and that should give you a good idea of when you should go into I/U to avoid any unwanted sudden change in altitude. Again, personally I like to spool up in I/U.
+1

Quote:
Ok so I am into this now... what does the Knob on the left do?? (Stock TX)
Like nbells posted... easy way to explain in "newb" is the left knob flattens out the throttle curve the more clockwise you turn it. No matter what you'll have 100% throttle at full positive and negative stick, the adjustment is to allow for throttle to be slightly reduced at midstick. Really that just allows for more power to be available when full throttle needed. So say you have that knob about 12:00 position, might be about 85%-90% power at midstick and 100% at top and bottom. This way when you load the blades with heavy collective, the esc asks for more power from the motor to compensate for the load of the blades. It's how things were done before governors, building a "V" curve basically. Personally I always had that knob cranked all the way CW
Old 09-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Nbells. at first I was like.. I read the guide already... can you translate that into newbie??

THen I read the rest.. PERFECT that makes more sense.

I an NOT sure where the knob was at last night when I flipped it.. But at least now I know where it should be thanks for the great answer!!
Ah, I remember the first time I tried to read and understand the SR manual, my first CP heli (lol).
mrmarc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL the SR guide is not too bad try the man for the double horse 9116... sorry for the poor joke but its written in "CHINKLISH"
Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
LOL the SR guide is not too bad try the man for the double horse 9116... sorry for the poor joke but its written in "CHINKLISH"
I KNOW RIGHT!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Or the TH9X manual...
mrmarc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
I KNOW RIGHT!!!
When I read the DH man... I had to read a couple paragraphs 4 or 5 times then think..... oh wait I think this is what they are trying to say..

so I set the left knob all the way right..(CW) set the throttle midstick IU on flipped the switch.. holly crap the thing spun up FAST AND HARD WAY to fast for what I am ready for.. so I set it midway and tried again.. same thing FAST.. Someone mentioned you have to wait a few or it will spin up full speed so I'll try again tomorrow.

also the heli spun left about 3/4 when it did. so I imagine I need to turn the gain up on the gyro?? right now I am flying at about 12:30 on the gain..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

the knobs really have nothing to do with how it spools up. Have throttle hold hold on and I/U off. Wait 15 seconds. Turn off throttle hold. Wait 15 seconds. Then flip I/U on. From there it should be a soft start up to full speed. It should not jerk one way or the other. It will have a tendency to yaw left or right, but you should be able to control that while it gaining head speed. If it jerks left or right or spools up way too quick it means the esc hasn't had time to reset from the last spool down and will spool up with a vengeance. I'm on my way to get some parts and when I get back I'll post a video on what I do to get into I/U mode and when I flip the switches. The nice thing about the DX6i is the timer. Fifteen actual seconds. Not one Mississippi, two Mississippi.......

All this is only imho and with my limited experience.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
the knobs really have nothing to do with how it spools up. Have throttle hold hold on and I/U off. Wait 15 seconds. Turn off throttle hold. Wait 15 seconds. Then flip I/U on. From there it should be a soft start up to full speed. It should not jerk one way or the other. It will have a tendency to yaw left or right, but you should be able to control that while it gaining head speed. If it jerks left or right or spools up way too quick it means the esc hasn't had time to reset from the last spool down and will spool up with a vengeance. I'm on my way to get some parts and when I get back I'll post a video on what I do to get into I/U mode and when I flip the switches. The nice thing about the DX6i is the timer. Fifteen actual seconds. Not one Mississippi, two Mississippi.......

All this is only imho and with my limited experience.
This method WILL get you to the soft start. Thing is, if you initialize the heli and haven't touched the throttle stick, you should be able to spool up from T/H. I always set sticks to zero throttle neutral cyclic with T/H off in normal mode, turned on Tx, plugged in heli, turned on T/H, switched to I/U, set collective to just below midstick, (optional deep breath here) and flipped off T/H. Soft start every time.

Quote:
When I read the DH man... I had to read a couple paragraphs 4 or 5 times then think..... oh wait I think this is what they are trying to say..
LOL!!

Quote:
so I set the left knob all the way right..(CW) set the throttle midstick IU on flipped the switch.. holly crap the thing spun up FAST AND HARD WAY to fast for what I am ready for.. so I set it midway and tried again.. same thing FAST.. Someone mentioned you have to wait a few or it will spin up full speed so I'll try again tomorrow.

also the heli spun left about 3/4 when it did. so I imagine I need to turn the gain up on the gyro?? right now I am flying at about 12:30 on the gain..
Doesn't sound like the soft start function to me, mine always spun up fast, but not fast enough to take the heli for a 3/4 spin. Not necessary to use the soft start though, just spool as you're comfortable! However, 12:30 is pretty much the bare minimal gain, Most are anywhere from 1:00-2:00?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I probably had not waited long enough when I with the T/H switch because it spooled up with a vengance.. Never got out of control. I did have the left stick a little on the low side.. figuring I would way rather have it slam on the ground (negative pitch) than go up and out of control the first time..

I started with the gain about 12:30 before I put the belt drive on so I have not gone more than that. i'll try more tonight..
Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Almost got her back together and was checking to make sure I put the servos on correctly. Right is right, left is left, forward and back ward are good too. But when I go for pitch change the elevator moves in the opposite direction. I checked too make sure I plugged it in the Rx correctly, just like all the others, black wire on bottom. Check servo installation. It only fits one way with the wire coming out of it on top and the e-flite label facing in. Swash mix is 60% 60% -25%. Rudder and pitched reversed under reverse menu.
Any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Servo is plugged in the wrong spot... you're using stock Tx right? I think that would be the front elevator servo and the left side lower servo that you would have to reverse, just swap plugs.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No. DX6i. I marked the elevator servo befor removing it and have it plugged into the elevator slot on the Rx.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, that's screwy... have to go back to foundation. If you have one servo moving opposite others with collective input like that, then the oddball has to be reversed. Of course then you're gonna have other functions that are not working that right now are. I dunno why that would happen if things were marked??? If you reverse that one, then you'll have correct pitch movement, but aile and elev function will be screwed up. You may have to reverse one of the others as well and then switch the swash mix from - to + or vice versa. It'll take some playing but you can get it. Still, You might be successful by swapping the two rear servo plugs around and changing swash mix values? It's hard for me to figure this out while I'm at work but one of those options will work. In fact, I'd try swapping out the rear servo plugs first and then swapping the aile mix in the swash menu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in