Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UFLYS trimming question???

Dear All, I gust got UFLYS with RX2435 installed right out of the box. She fly nice only thing I have problem with her is CG problem. UFLYS is a little bit tail weight, I try to move the battery pack as forward as possible but she still hover sightly backword.

As far as I understand RX2435 has AVCS 3D Gyro, and normally with 1D AVCS HeadHold Gyro you SHOULD NOT trim the rudder.

The question is. Should I trim elevation forward to make she hover still??

Regards,
ting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a UFLY before, if you cannot fix the balance ny moving the battery, do it with trimming.
You can also adjust the pushrod for the elevator (extend it a little bit,, with a few turns, that will push the nose down on hoover),, any of those solutions should work.

MA Furion 450, Mikado Mini V-Bar, Scorpion 2221-8, 13T, CC Ice Lite 75A, --- Walkera 60#B, Stock Motor, Stock Servos, Stock Blades and Futaba GY520 (yes!) Spektrum DX7se.
And, CRAVING for a HENSELEIT TDR!!!!
gobase is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ting View Post
Dear All, I gust got UFLYS with RX2435 installed right out of the box. She fly nice only thing I have problem with her is CG problem. UFLYS is a little bit tail weight, I try to move the battery pack as forward as possible but she still hover sightly backword.

As far as I understand RX2435 has AVCS 3D Gyro, and normally with 1D AVCS HeadHold Gyro you SHOULD NOT trim the rudder.

The question is. Should I trim elevation forward to make she hover still??

Regards,
Hello ting,just would like to know how the Heli reacts when Balance mode is switched off.Oh and you should pick up a few storm 1200 18c lipos from helipal.Perfect size and weight to balance the Ufly.
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFlyA View Post
Hello ting,just would like to know how the Heli reacts when Balance mode is switched off.Oh and you should pick up a few storm 1200 18c lipos from helipal.Perfect size and weight to balance the Ufly.
I only have 6 flight on my UFLYS, so I never switch the stabilizer off. Anyway thanks for the battery information, I'll have a look at helipal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobase View Post
Had a UFLY before, if you cannot fix the balance ny moving the battery, do it with trimming.
You can also adjust the pushrod for the elevator (extend it a little bit,, with a few turns, that will push the nose down on hoover),, any of those solutions should work.
Thanks, I think I should shorthen the elevation pushrod (not extend it) to have my bird nose down.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I think I should shorthen the elevation pushrod (not extend it) to have my bird nose down.
No.... you should add a little weight to the nose until you can get your new batts to help with balance... If you adjust the linkage to make it fly nose down YOU ARE NOT fixing the problem.. your only masking it and the heli is still going to be tail heavy until you balance the bird and get it to stay flat and level when letting the flybar rest across two fingers.. Trust me a little extra weight probably 1-2oz that's maybe what it took on mine WILL NOT hurt the ufly BUT not having it setup and BALANCED correctly will...
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I think I should shorthen the elevation pushrod (not extend it) to have my bird nose down.
No.... you should add a little weight to the nose until you can get your new batts to help with balance... If you adjust the linkage to make it fly nose down YOU ARE NOT fixing the problem.. your only MASKING it and the heli is still going to be tail heavy until you balance the bird and get it to stay flat and level when letting the flybar rest across two fingers.. Trust me a little extra weight probably 1-2oz that's maybe what it took on mine WILL NOT hurt the ufly BUT not having it setup and BALANCED correctly will...
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-wanna-b View Post
No.... you should add a little weight to the nose until you can get your new batts to help with balance... If you adjust the linkage to make it fly nose down YOU ARE NOT fixing the problem.. your only MASKING it and the heli is still going to be tail heavy until you balance the bird and get it to stay flat and level when letting the flybar rest across two fingers.. Trust me a little extra weight probably 1-2oz that's maybe what it took on mine WILL NOT hurt the ufly BUT not having it setup and BALANCED correctly will...
+1
You should balance the CG of the heli by adding/subtracting weight.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks all, I will order the new battery to center my CG.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Nuflya,
I picked up a couple of these batteries but there's no charging port on them. How do you charge them?
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
Hey Nuflya,
I picked up a couple of these batteries but there's no charging port on them. How do you charge them?
If its the storm 1200s from helipal they come with proper charging plug already attached for use with stock ufly lipo charger.http://www.helipal.com/hyper-lithium...o-battery.html
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just realized I ordered the wrong battery. Now I have 2 3.7v batteries that I have no use for and no way to charge.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just realized I ordered the wrong battery. Now I have 2 3.7v batteries that I have no use for and no way to charge.
Dear js349,

Which Battery you have? I think you can bring them to local RCShop and ask them to add the charging plug for you.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Oh well,i guess you have to buy another Heli that uses those batteries. Wow sent me a extra batt,same size i think,that i cant use either,when they combined a order for me, to offset extra shipping.Thanks wow,how about sending a ufly part instead that i can use thats comparably priced ,instead.Nice gesture anyway i guess.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestion but they would probably charge me more than the battery costs to add a plug and I don't have anything to use them on anyway.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default watch my vid.....might be helpful

im happy with the stock batteries. you just need to weight it up a bit....those bigger batteries dont seem to charge fully with stock charger, so you need a nicer balance charger, $$$$$...im a newbie, and to me its cheaper to practice with weights than to $$$$$ buy bateries, i spend my $$$ on crashes right now..

"thats my story ,and im sticking to it"

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=215576
cruzroy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought a UFlyS without TX as I already have 2801 Pro Walkera radio. There were no instructions how to set up the 2801 for this Heli only instructions for the 2402. Has anyone set up the UFlyS with the 2801 or know where I can get information how to do this. Thanks
maverickk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

To bind UFLYS to 2801Pro

1.Create a new model and name it UFLYS or whatever your want
2.set Stick -> Comptb to 2401
3.set Revers to make sure the swashplate and tail rotor response correctly to cyclic and rudder command

that it.
Hope this help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in