Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Should I go BL???

Well for my birthday my wife told me I could get another bird so I grabbed a ncpx from my lhs. With winter here I've been flying it around the living room daily and loving it. Well, after 30 or so flights my main motor doesn't have enough power to even hover anymore. My lhs doesn't have a replacement motor and I don't want to spend $5 to ship a $5 part. Buying multiple motors to justify the shipping cost just seems wrong. The next logical option in my mind is to go BL. I really don't need more power at this point in time as much as I'd like to increase reliability of the motor. I'm only good enough to fly circuits inside anyhow right now. Can I just buy the mild BL kit from Astroid and be done with it? How will the tail will hold with the BL motor? Will it be prone to blowout like the mcpx if I upgrade? I really wish HH would just offer a BL version. I would have paid the pay the extra $$ for it.

Thanks for the input and Happy Holidays fellow Freaks!
muddyml is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyml View Post
Well for my birthday my wife told me I could get another bird so I grabbed a ncpx from my lhs. With winter here I've been flying it around the living room daily and loving it. Well, after 30 or so flights my main motor doesn't have enough power to even hover anymore. My lhs doesn't have a replacement motor and I don't want to spend $5 to ship a $5 part. Buying multiple motors to justify the shipping cost just seems wrong. The next logical option in my mind is to go BL. I really don't need more power at this point in time as much as I'd like to increase reliability of the motor. I'm only good enough to fly circuits inside anyhow right now. Can I just buy the mild BL kit from Asteroid and be done with it? How will the tail will hold with the BL motor? Will it be prone to blowout like the mcpx if I upgrade? I really wish HH would just offer a BL version. I would have paid the pay the extra $$ for it.

Thanks for the input and Happy Holidays fellow Freaks!
I would say go brushless. Now granted im not brushless yet because i cant seem to get my hands on a kit. I keep flying mine in the mean time and im on motor #3. If only the BL kits were available i could stop throwing money away and to HH...
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneger21 View Post
...If only the BL kits were available...
That's my problem too at the moment. Watch, as soon as I order 2 or 3 motors the BL kits will be available.
muddyml is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No question go brushless if/when you can. I loved my nano stock right out of the box but it seemed I was burning through 2 motors a month. I didn't need anymore power at all so I just got the mild motor and carbon braces from Dylan. Flashed my own ESC since I had a spare and have a toolstick.

The mild motor provides much more power than stock if you want it and the tail hold is rock solid especially when running in gov arm mode.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Hi,
go for brushless. Dylan from AD has made a great job. The Mild Kit is awsome (maybe the Wild Kit too). For flying the Nano CP X in a room the Mild Kit is great. Please consider that You need good batteries. Stock E-flites 150mAh are doing well, I´ll order Miniaviation 190mAh. My 160mAh TURNIGY´s 30C are poor (2 of them have not enough power for hovering longer than 2 minutes)
ElektroTrainerS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

BL is the only way to go!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in