Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought I better resurrect this thread, as it was dropping down the list pretty badly. Attached new 24awg power leads and connector to the esc on my mild bl setup. A test flight showed noticeably better power (nothing earthshattering though, just better). No surprise though, as the original leads both broke off as I was getting ready to remove themfrom the 3 in 1, so there must have been only a couple of strands holding on each wire. Started breaking in a few new 35c eflites also, even brand new they're worlds better than the 25c lipos. Also, I installed a pair of new KBDD main blades. More responsive cyclic and a little more "pop" at the same settings as the original blades. Starting to like this little bumblebee a lot....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the nano bit the dust a few days ago. After reinstalling my wild hp03spe motor, it popped out and i believe wrecked the wires. Always glue your motor in guys

But its all good. I got a aeo m5 coming from Astroid that i will put in my nano for a few weeks till the snow starts melting. Any idea what kind of head speed and battery life i would get? I prefer to use 300ma 45-90c which gave me around 8 minutes till low voltage. That is indoor with no 3d, trying to work it as hard as my skills allow, lol.

When the snow melts, i will be FINALLY be able to fly my mcpx (soon to be bl) and a 450x outside.

Edit: I will be using a 8 tooth pinion, but also have a 9 i could try. Thanks

Last edited by ShakeNbake; 03-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: forgot pinion size
ShakeNbake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my BL Nano board back from MegaStumbler and once I figured out how to rebind, it works GREAT again! Had some initial shakes since my epic crash that toasted my board, but a new feathering shaft fixed all that.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My mild bl nano started mysteriously pitching forward on idleup. No reason I could tell at the outset, I just replaced a broken boom with a solid cf one and it started the new behavior on the first test flight. I checked everything out and found nothing out of the ordinary until I removed the main gear and spun it up, whereupon I realized I had some truly nasty vibes. Some poking around revealed a very sloppy motor shaft, so I think I have a bad bearing or bearings in the motor.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't do anything to my 16,500KV BL Nano today but fly the crap out of if in 4-20 mph gusts . I'm absolutely amazed it handles the wind as well as it does. Its actually a total blast doing inverted hurricanes with the wind hitting me in the back. I bring it around past me and give it full collective and with the wind pushing it too, it zooms out like a rocket.

I like to let the wind carry it on long drawn out half piro flips as well, I do that one a lot. =(Long drawn out forward flip, half piro the tail bring it back tail in inverted, then do a long drawn out tail in inverted backwards flip, half piro the tail and bring it back upright tail in and repeat over and over).

I also did a lot of nose in continuous backwards flips, nose in continuous forward flips, piro flips, first ever sideways loop on any heli.

Today has been my best day with the Nano since I got it.

Today it has proved that it is definitely a keeper and the aggravations that micros can bring are worth it. Love it.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went back to the stock frame and tail boom to cut down on weight... soldered heavier power leads directly to the esc... I was scared to because I'm a soldering newb and nccraig did such a neat and tidy job on my board... but I was bogging like crazy and getting 45 seconds to a little over a minute on heated 160mah Hyperions...

Now I'm getting 3 minutes plus of bog free 3D on unheated batteries... so I'm glad I took the chance on my weak soldering skills... lol
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)

Last edited by Meekrakkin; 03-19-2013 at 03:52 AM..
Meekrakkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

got three flights then it dropped with a power loss found a smoking elevator servo. first bad servo ever on this little beast. course no one locally sells them.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorted out the vibe problem with my Nano (mostly). Flushed a bunch of crud out of the motor bearings and oiled them well, and most of the vibes went away, though the motor shaft still feels pretty loose. Flies much better now. Tail motor died, so I took the motor, wires and connector out of a new mCPX tail assembly, built a 115mm solid shaft, and married it all together with an Astroid delrin 6mm mount and a cf tail fin. Flies like a champ, the tail seems to be a bit more solid than it was with the stock length, and I flew a half dozen batteries or so until the wind picked up and forced me to land and go inside. I had one mild crash due to the tail motor dying, which resulted in the KBDD stickers departing from the blades (I remember someone else mentioning this happening to them, also), so I decided to leave them off until it warms up a bit. Don't think the adhesive on them holds in cooler temps....

The more I fly this little bumblebee the more I like it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0710.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	404328  
Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just flew 5 flights out in the garage... I wasn't able to fly out there before due to the colder temperatures zapping all the power out of the batteries... since moving the battery connectors to the esc I don't even have to heat the batteries and am getting awesome performance even outside where it's cooler... was doing half backflips to forward rainbows with little to no bog... will try to get a vid tomorrow...

Couldn't be happier with the little booger at the moment
T-Rex 700E DFC Pro HV, Blade 500X, HK450 ProV2 FBL (Tarot DFC Head, Tarot DFC Swash, BeastX, Align Blades), mCPX BL (Every RKH Upgrade, KDE Blades, Lion Heli Canopy, Gear and Fin), 130X (Custom build... nothing stock), 300X (Edge Blades)
Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to get a vid last night but the lighting situation in my garage combined with my lack of a decent video camera made it kinda impossible... it'll have to wait til we get some decent weather or I'll do one in the basement but I'm limited on space down there...

I noticed I was getting some tail blowout so I went back to the long tail boom... I'm still getting a little if I get sloppy on the collective but nothing major...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mailed mine off to Dylan since it has never flown right since I bought the brushless conversion way back when. I seemed to have a low head speed, no power, bogged very easily and got around 1 min of flight before falling out of the sky with no more power to ascend.
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I somehow managed to bend my motors shaft. No sure how it happened, but its causing poor gear mesh, and who knows what else. I tried to get it back to normal, but I know it isn't perfect anymore, which annoys the crap out of me. Unfortunately I do not have a spare shaft, pinion or the necessary tools to remove, and replace the bent up one. I'm just going to have to live with it.
Kingzkross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your BL NANO Today?

Received one today from another member flew a few batteries at work oh I can't wait to get to the park after work. BL is the bomb!! I have a stock nano already what a difference.

Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finished my rkh and airtime lopro skid install. Extended my boom to 125mm and flew my only 2 35c eflite packs. I cant wait to get some 240's. Havent touched the stocker since it got my bl all set up and flying right.
Kevinfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pinion fell off! Good news, it was still barely attached when I found it so at least I don't need to source a new one. Bad news, it happened on the first pack of a perfect morning in the back yard.

Now to find some Loctite 609. Do any big chains carry that stuff? I would prefer to find some locally so I could be back in the sky this weekend yet.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

started getting random power loss on my "wild" nano... after re-soldering (badly -- I suck at soldering) all the power leads it was still doing it... finally after re-soldering the signal wire it started working again...

...until I dumb thumbed it in the garage and broke something loose... so, here we go again...

Anyone with good soldering skills for hire? lol

Pretty much need everything gone over and redone cuz obviously my weak skills aren't going to cut it...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekrakkin View Post
Anyone with good soldering skills for hire? lol
megasmicros.com
Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying the snot out of mine.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just ordered a Lynx DFC set and a pair of "stretch" hi-perf blades for mine. No chance to fly this weekend, doggone it....
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
megasmicros.com
Among others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in