Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fury glitch

I have been chasing around a glitch in one of my Fury's for the past 6 months. Changed receiver and antenna, clutch bearing stack checked all other bearings. Sometimes in a stall turn it locks out and then gives it back to me, sometimes on the ground it will lock out. How do I chase down this glitch?
lfalsetto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this a Fury Extreme or Tempest with the 115-53 block btwn the engine mounts w/ a YS 91?

- Rob
www.teambob00.com
Old 04-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is an expert that I purchased used, has a YS 80 in it and the mount has been shaved. has mounts 115.50 and 51 but doesn't have the 115-53 block in it.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the situation with the 115-53 block. Is it needed for the YS 80?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This took me 5 months to track down. Take a look underneath your battery. The tray has two bolt heads sticking through it. Mine had worn through the shrinkwrap and were making metal to metal contact resulting in sporadic hits. Nasty stuff - thanks failsafe! :twisted:
Boomer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took the battery out. I have foam under the battery and no metal contact. Any other ideas?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi lfalsetto,

What radio gear are you using? Hear is some things I have had trouble with and some I have helped others hunt down.

1. I have gone through several 9251s on the 601. When there going bad they will just stop for a moment where you have them set, feels like a lock out but it only happens on the tail.

2. I have had the front transmition bearing seize causing the shaft to spin in the race. The bearing that holds the front end of the bevel gear shaft and is in or just behind the lower main mast bearing block, this caused a lock out exactly the same as you described.

3. I have mounted the muffler stand off by bolting it through a hole I drilled through the rear vertical channel (Fury) Even though it was tight it caused lock outs. Bolting it through just the frame and not the channel fixed it.

4. Torque tube support bearing(s) (Min Air) are often sent out dry, no lube what so ever, if it where dry and you did not force grease into it this could cause you trouble.

5. I have seen where the main shaft’s upper collar slipped causing the crown gear to run tight against the bevel gear, this caused a lock out on a JR10X that was so bad it would not lift off before locking hard out.

6. Have seen where the builder put one of the head dampener shims on the inside of the O rings against the head block by mistake, that locked her out!

7. Have seen faulty connections in the battery and in the battery to switch connection, these caused intermittent power loss looked like a lock out but was not.

8. Deans antenna, I have seen this cause trouble but not normally.

9. Servo leads cut through on the edge of frame pieces.

I think that’s it for what I have seen, if I think of any more I’ll let you know
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in