Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x Being Discontinued???

Hi guys,

I went into my LHS today planning to buy a 300x (since the price was lowered and it comes with the extra battery.)

The store manager said he was out of stock and not planning to get any more in. He also said that the price drop was a good sign that the 300x has not been very popular and the model will soon be discontinued. He suggested that I forget about the 300x and go with a 450x. I really don't need another 450 size heli, as I've already got 3.

This surprises me, as Horizon is still making the Blade SR. I thought the 300x was basically an improved version of the SR.

Has anyone heard any rumors about the 300x being discontinued?

Joe
JDFiend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really doubt the 300X is being discontinued. Perhaps a new, improved version is coming. Just order one from HH or Ampdraw and enjoy.
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chep View Post
I really doubt the 300X is being discontinued. Perhaps a new, improved version is coming. Just order one from HH or Ampdraw and enjoy.
I'd agree with this.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My LHS got three more in on Friday and was selling one of them while I was there. When I bought mine the owner mentioned that he sells a bunch of them. He hasn't said anything about them being discontinued It would be a shame if it was discontinued as it's one of my favorites.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked this question on the 130X forum about the 300X and got this reply from David from Horizon.

dribbe
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97
What about the 300X ?

In this case, I will also answer that one (though we often would not).... There is no new version coming soon... This will be in the line for a long time.

David
Blade 150s. mCPs, MA Whiplash Gasser V2,
Kraken 580,MA 1005 Gasser, Concept 30,60 and iX14
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem with companies today is that they are always thinking about profit. I can understand why, however, when a rumour starts it is very difficult to know what is right. We are all aware that Blade or HH will want to clear all stock if it's going to be discontinued so they are going to stay silent over this. I do hope the 300X is here to stay for a while as I love this little Heli. I find it the perfect size for flying in my back garden, it looks good too.
I started off with an Esky CP3, which is a 300 size heli, out grew that and went on to 450's. when the 300x came out I couldn't wait to get one.
It's not that long ago that Esky discontinued their Honeybee and CP3 only to announce a few months later that it was back in production. Perhaps they realised the Blade 300X was gaining a following and they didn't want to lose a market share. Before anyone says anything, I know the 300x is head and shoulders over the Honeybee's but I still have a soft spot for my first heli, even though it flys like a brick.
So, what are the chances that we can get an official answer to the question of weather the 300x is going to be discontinued or not? There must be someone out there that knows the truth.
All I want to do is fly my heli's and know that should I crash it, I'm not going to worried if I can get the spare parts at a reasonable price.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_G View Post
The problem with companies today is that they are always thinking about profit. I can understand why, however, when a rumour starts it is very difficult to know what is right. We are all aware that Blade or HH will want to clear all stock if it's going to be discontinued so they are going to stay silent over this. I do hope the 300X is here to stay for a while as I love this little Heli. I find it the perfect size for flying in my back garden, it looks good too.
I started off with an Esky CP3, which is a 300 size heli, out grew that and went on to 450's. when the 300x came out I couldn't wait to get one.
It's not that long ago that Esky discontinued their Honeybee and CP3 only to announce a few months later that it was back in production. Perhaps they realised the Blade 300X was gaining a following and they didn't want to lose a market share. Before anyone says anything, I know the 300x is head and shoulders over the Honeybee's but I still have a soft spot for my first heli, even though it flys like a brick.
So, what are the chances that we can get an official answer to the question of weather the 300x is going to be discontinued or not? There must be someone out there that knows the truth.
All I want to do is fly my heli's and know that should I crash it, I'm not going to worried if I can get the spare parts at a reasonable price.
Just read the previous post to your's. That's about as official as we are probably going to get!
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_G View Post
The problem with companies today is that they are always thinking about profit.
Ummm.... Problem? Profit is the first and foremost reason that just about every business on the planet exists..... Without getting into the political aspects of the subject, if a company doesn't constantly look to keep their bottom line in the black, they generally don't stay around long.....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an observation, if the SR is not gone then most likely the 300X won't be gone either! I'm also thinking that the holiday season did not get enough sales going so there has to be some incentives.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree that the 300x isn't going anywhere soon.

And, even if it did, for the new price, just fly the hell out of it then put the Bx in something else
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bingo!
I kinda did it for beastX. I ended up like n the copter a lot tho.
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF MR Support

300X is a great machine! I sure hope it doesn't go away and Horizon just fix the main shaft issue...

I think I've finally figured out how to fix the shaft issue using drill rod for a new main shaft. Plus using the current aluminum hub and two set screws pining the new shaft from opposite sides instead of a jesus bolt and so far it's holding up. I just need to duplicate it and put it through the test to see if it's going to hold up.
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
300X is a great machine! I sure hope it doesn't go away and Horizon just fix the main shaft issue...

I think I've finally figured out how to fix the shaft issue using drill rod for a new main shaft. Plus using the current aluminum hub and two set screws pining the new shaft from opposite sides instead of a jesus bolt and so far it's holding up. I just need to duplicate it and put it through the test to see if it's going to hold up.
Sounds similar to what Lynx are up to.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anyone know what alloy the factory shaft is? I have access to 316, 416, 17-4, along with some other exotic alloys at a machine shop. Might be able to make a beefy main out of a less fragile metal with the and use the set screw idea from clouseau.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

hook it up and set up the group buy!

forget what they used... just make it out of the best you can get ahold of.....
Chris Giordano is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Giordano View Post
hook it up and set up the group buy!

forget what they used... just make it out of the best you can get ahold of.....
Man, If only it was that easy... Whatever you do, it's gotta be almost a bulletproof fix at this point!. Too many people's time and money invested in their heli's for a main shaft fix to go wrong and cause more damage.
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah. Cost for this is going to be too high in lg qty. 17-4 ss and machine time. Perhaps some 17-4 welding rod? I would say titanium but its almost $180 for 100mm rod
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrichards28 View Post
Yeah. Cost for this is going to be too high in lg qty. 17-4 ss and machine time. Perhaps some 17-4 welding rod? I would say titanium but its almost $180 for 100mm rod
As much as well all love titanium... We probably don't really need some super metal if we can just get rid of the lower bolt hole.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure hope not and from what I have read I think the 300 will be around for a bit longer.

I honestly thought 300x would be a twitchy - hard to control little beast. That was the impression I got from reading about the align 250 so figured 300 would be about the same. Instead she turned out to be quite the gentle lady- very smooth and easy to fly with no surprises.

Retired: Hirobo Shuttle .28, Kalt Barron .61, LM 110, Corona 120
Fletchb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

It still makes me wonder whats going on because of length of time Horizon has been running this special buy thing and Miracle Mart selling all the parts off at 50%.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ath=80_275_646
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in