Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Tail stop out of pirouette GT5 on trex700v2

Hi fellow bladeswingers,

Wonder if anyone could think with me here...
I have succesfully tested the gt5 on a trex450pro and i was very satisfied actually.
After testing it out and played with some settings i moved the unit over to a new stock built trex700e.
I am flying this thing with not to much changes in the gt5 and i am very happy with it.

One thing starts to bother me.... if i make a right pirouette the tail stops crisp but bounces a bit (it stops like, at 0°, then bounces to about 5° back, and then to 0° again.) but ends up where i stopped it. If i do a pirouette the other way, the tails stops fine.

Already tried to change the symmetric value but that didn't help.

Anyone has an idea?
These are my settings
SWASH
P 70
I 70
I-d Stick 100
D-Sense 25
Feed forward 85
i-lim 18
Hoover 4

TAIL
P 107
I 95
D-Sense 60
Tail D-DB 9
sym tail symetric 0
stick dynamic 14
dma cycl 0
dma pitch 0
smooth stop 1

Thanks for thinking with me !
leex70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No one???
leex70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have a look at my settings when I finish work in the morning but mine is setup for scale flying

I'd rather be flying than typing
Martin353 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

First get them equal in response, then adjust d-sense to get the best stop possible, and "smooth stop" if you absolutely have to. If it's different in the two directions your mechanical setup is not correct,..i.e. you have some differential. Twist the ball link in or out on the pushrod 3 or 4 turns and fly again. If the right/left is closer to being the same, turn another revolution on the ball link. If it is worse, return the link to the original spot and then a few turns the other way and try again. Once the right and left are the same (could be too soft on the stop, or both rebounding, you're looking for the same response, not soft one way and rebound the other), then tweak d-sense down 10 points if there is rebounding both ways, or up 10 points if the stop is too soft. By adjusting 10 points, then 5, then 3 or so,.. you can get the stops perfect. Now land and readjust the tail servo travel limits in the GT5 for no binding, as you will probably have introduced some.
The tail symmetry option is intended to give you symmetry, but if you have to adjust it, this means your mechanical setup is off, and the procedure above will correct that. Won't take but a couple minutes of flight time, sounds more laborious than it is. If you use the symmetry function in the gyro you're only masking a mechanical problem and it may rear it's ugly head in other instances, such as traveling pirouettes never being consistant, or stall turns not the same right and left. Much better to create a solid foundation mechanically then let the electronics smooth out whats left to do, than asking the electronics to correct mechanical problems.

Not really part of this topic, but an added note on tail setup. This gyro, just like many others, wants a very very fast response to work well, and the servo is only going to move as quickly as it is capable. To speed up the tail control loop, increase servo arm length and re-set the travel in the gyro for no binding. With the tail, resolution from using a lot of travel is not as important as having a fast control loop, so you want to make that .08 or .09 servo appear to be .01 to the gyro (G). Where you will really notice this is in traveling pirouettes. If you go pretty fast and start pirouetting and see the tail "whip" as it goes downwind and upwind throughout the pirouette, this is the classic sign that the arm is too short. I'm currently using 17mm arms on both 700 and 600 machines (G4 and X50E). In addition to this I use much longer tail blades to increase the tail power also. 105 instead of 95's on the 600 and 115's instead of 105's on the 700. tail feel and stopping right and left are identical and both size machines can pirouette at a consistent rate whether in hover or high speed flight.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in