Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #181 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabbas View Post
Hi Jack, Is there any chance you make a Kindle format for the ebook? Thanks

The iBook version is available on iTunes or Lulu.com - the eBook version from Lulu or Nook - the printed version is available at Amazon's publisher - CREATESPACE.

No kBook though - sorry.
captJac ---->
captJac is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to start practicing Lesson 1. I'm thinking in using the T-Rex 600 Sport set at 50% with 25% Aile, Elev and Rudd Expo.
I'm I in the right track?
marsol is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsol View Post
I'd like to start practicing Lesson 1. I'm thinking in using the T-Rex 600 Sport set at 50% with 25% Aile, Elev and Rudd Expo.
I'm I in the right track?
There are more tracks than trains on Phoenix - really depends on what training track you want to follow. The Phoenix Simulator Flight School uses the Trex-500 sport - it simulates the real world as good as any of them and better than most. Start with the physics and simulator speed at 100% - if the heli is too aggressive for your skill level - reduce the simulator speed until you have control and gradually increase the speed as your skill level develops.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackclarke View Post
until you have control and gradually increase the speed as your skill level develops.
Control? What is that? Oh yes, that is what I have been lacking...

I've progressed from co-axial and fixed pitch heli's to the CP versions. I've gotten used to flying around willy-nilly, withoug a plan - or control. I've been mostly crash free, luckily. There have been quite a few...uh-oh...moments, but I've been fortunate.

However, after finishing a lesson with Jack, I now have hope of gaining control. Control to be able to fly the heli, not having it fly me. Control to hover...and move where I want it to go, instead of having it go in a direction I was hoping to avoid...(can you say long grass and trees...)

Thanks for the help, Jack. Looking forward to progressing with CONTROL.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There are more tracks than trains on Phoenix - really depends on what training track you want to follow. The Phoenix Simulator Flight School uses the Trex-500 sport - it simulates the real world as good as any of them and better than most. Start with the physics and simulator speed at 100% - if the heli is too aggressive for your skill level - reduce the simulator speed until you have control and gradually increase the speed as your skill level develops.
Thank you Jack, I need to get in the roster for lessons
marsol is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Would really love to be your student

Hi Jack,
im so glad i found you!, i have been flying Micro Heli's for 1 year now and have been using Phoenix Simulator for the same time.

but i never got the hang of the simulator so i decided to do it the hard way which costed me more then i expected i invested in Micro helis and crashed enough helis to realize that i really need to learn how to use the simulator.

i fly the Blade MSR-X well now which is fixed pich now i would like to take to next step and move on to the Collective pitch. i have my Eyes on the Align T-Rex 550. i heard the Bigger the Better but i think the 600 and 700 are too big for me since i will also need to arrange storage space for them.

i can only get an Align Heli because in my country its the only brand that any hobby store will stock up full part Support.

i look forward for your reply and if you can help improve my skills i will really be thankful.

Ammar
ammar577 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #187 (permalink)

Hi Ammar - welcome aboard. I would advise caution with the "bigger the better" unless you have bigger and better bank account - crashes are an expensive way to learn and as you are finding out - crashing is part of learning. The Trex-450 Sport is a very good trainer - well designed - easy to build kit - and uses a belt instead of a torque-tube so you aren't replacing the TT gears every time you have a tail strike. The simulator is unbeatable for muscle memory development - and you will want ever muscle memorized when flying a 450 or bigger. When you ready for some instruction - flip back a page (post # 174) and drop a line in my msg box to get on the roster.

captJac

---------TTTTTTTTTT
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey jack,
I'm wondering if you'd be able to set me up with a lesson or two, We chatted back in January but you were giving up the lessons then! Hoping you can help!
Motosharpe is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosharpe View Post
Hey jack, I'm wondering if you'd be able to set me up with a lesson or two, We chatted back in January but you were giving up the lessons then! Hoping you can help!
Hangar is open again!!

Read post #187 (below yours) - which will take you to post #174 (one page back) whewww!! It will give you the "what to do" to get on the roster.

captJac
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i have finally done some trading and will have a 450 clone, i am getting parts togather and still working on a charger and some more batteries.
I am looking to get some back pay that will help me get more bills paid and then i can get your book and start working on everything. I have the software and when i seem to be getting closer I will add you to the skype and take more steps to try and get to a lesson when it would be my time I am still looking at a few weeks untill i will be able to even continue learning. Even though i am doing pretty good with my mcpx i want to train all over with the 450 to make sure i am not going to do something to fast.

Lane
gator81 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up This is a great instructor

I had the pleasure of spending almost 2 hours with Jack yesterday while he walked me thru basic Phoenix setup (no wonder I was having problems), some basic heli theory, and then some hovering (accent on some). Jack is a great guy...personable, patient, and has a great sense of humor (he tolerated me for that long)...his teaching style is low key and very effective.
I bought a cheap coaxial for grins, got hooked with the fun, upgraded to a 120SR (a bit more challenging), and got frustrated with it's poor performance out side in very light winds. Bought a 450 3D and was following the instructions from another heli website. What a change from the 120 to a full cp heli...That thing moves so quick, I was not prepared and honestly, was beginning to think I had just flushed more money down a hole.
Fortunately I came on some of Jack's posts, bought Phoenix (nice cheap way to crash), and signed up for his lessons...
I'm 64 years old, and have never flown an RC anything in my life...it's a challenging hobby that just keeps revealing more and more opportunities to learn.
If you're wanting to learn how to fly without the high cost of crash repair, JAck is a great way to go.
Am looking forward to my next lesson.
dwhall47 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dallas, Texas

Hello Jack,

I am about to send you a private message regarding flight school.

Thank you,
Brian
BrianVas is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Training

Hello Jack,
As a beginner, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Very interested in lessons.
kaoschild is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoschild View Post
Hello Jack,
As a beginner, I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Very interested in lessons.
Flight school schedule in your message box.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jack,

I'd like to enroll in flight school. Can you please PM me the schedule?

Thanks
XxG3nexX is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow how much time does this jack guy have? I feel like I'd be asking too much to get in on a lesson.
solidhelix is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jack,

Just been reading this thread. WOW! I will be touching base soon to hook up. I am retired just started in RC Helis and in the process of setting myself up. I have a DX8, Phoenix SIM, MCX2 and MCPX on route to building HK450GT but that will be way down the track with the two left thumbs and the mental agility of a retarded Yak!

Only just got the DX8 and Phoenix connected and setup and would like to spend a week or so getting my head around the software and start to get a feel for the input sensitivity and controls before asking you for some training.

I see you are in Germany I live in Australia what time typically do you do your training? Just to get some idea how connecting time wise would be.

I already have Skype and will PM you when I think I am ready to get going.

Do you have any recommended "pre school" training you would like your student to do prior to connecting with you so I can be best prepared and get the most from training with you?

Thanks and regards,

Ian
fleetz is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jack,

Just ordered both your books from Lulu. Having issues with accessing 102 and have a ticket in with Lulu am sure will have it sorted soon, in the meantime I will get into 101.

Regards,

Ian
Old 05-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #199 (permalink)

Hi Fleetz - welcome aboard the Phoenix Simulator Flight School. The post been growing so will re-copy the registration rigors here. With regards to the eBook download - fastest way to resolve technical issues is to click on LULU's support page and connect with a rep using their chat-line. Their email response is reliable BUT slow. Their chat-line is reliable and fast.

To get on the Phoenix Flight School roster -

Download and install the latest version of Phoenix - 4.0j - this is necessary to link our computers together on Phoenix. Don't worry the details on the setup - we'll be doing that on the first session.

Download and install Skype (it's free and easy to use) - add me to your Skype contact list – jackclarke - there's more than one so be sure to add the one in Germany. IMPORTANT: Include your forum name in the request-to-add so I can connect the dots.

Buy a headset (microphone and headphone combination) nothing special - anything cheap will do. Most headsets have 2 miniature phone-plugs. 1 plugs into the mike-input on your computer - the other into your earphone out. There is also a headset that plugs into the USB - more bucks - a little more convenient to plug in? The headset is needed so Phoenix and Skype can play together and we have good voice communication between us.

Download the course FAQs - Taking Off With RC Helicopters - FAQs 102 - speed read the 450 section - we'll slow it down when we are taking off. The first session lasts about 90 minutes with the extra time needed to setup Phoenix, talk some heli talk, and do a walk-around before spooling up our engines. Training is Monday to Friday 8:30 pm German Time - which is 2 :30 pm in New York. Weekends the hangar is closed by orders of the base commander - my wife! Holding pattern is 1-2 weeks.

While you are in the holding pattern - 3 homework assignments to work on.

1. Reading assignment from the FAQs: Questions- 10-11-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-105.

2. Training video: Lesson-1 This is what you will be working on (controlled vertical lift) in the 1st session. Click on full screen so you can see the cyclic (right stick). Try to keep an eye on the cyclic and on the heli at the same time.

3. Practice: When you get your eyes uncrossed - read Don't Touch The Controls and practice the exercise.

Let me know when you have everything installed and ready to go - and if you have a preferred day (M-F) for training. Start polishing those rotors!

captJac

------------TTTTTTTTT
Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Jack,

I will get all in place and get back in touch when my rotors are polished!

Thanks for the heads up on Lulu support, no stress it will be sorted in the next day or so I am sure. Wasn't aware of they had a chat line.....thanks for letting me know.

I reckon I will be in touch on the training in a couple of weeks.

Talk then.

Regards,

Ian

Quote:
Hi Fleetz - welcome aboard the Phoenix Simulator Flight School. The post been growing so will re-copy the registration rigors here. With regards to the eBook download - fastest way to resolve technical issues is to click on LULU's support page and connect with a rep using their chat-line. Their email response is reliable BUT slow. Their chat-line is reliable and fast.

To get on the Phoenix Flight School roster -

Download and install the latest version of Phoenix - 4.0j - this is necessary to link our computers together on Phoenix. Don't worry the details on the setup - we'll be doing that on the first session.

Download and install Skype (it's free and easy to use) - add me to your Skype contact list – jackclarke - there's more than one so be sure to add the one in Germany. IMPORTANT: Include your forum name in the request-to-add so I can connect the dots.

Buy a headset (microphone and headphone combination) nothing special - anything cheap will do. Most headsets have 2 miniature phone-plugs. 1 plugs into the mike-input on your computer - the other into your earphone out. There is also a headset that plugs into the USB - more bucks - a little more convenient to plug in? The headset is needed so Phoenix and Skype can play together and we have good voice communication between us.

Download the course FAQs - Taking Off With RC Helicopters - FAQs 102 - speed read the 450 section - we'll slow it down when we are taking off. The first session lasts about 90 minutes with the extra time needed to setup Phoenix, talk some heli talk, and do a walk-around before spooling up our engines. Training is Monday to Friday 8:30 pm German Time - which is 2 :30 pm in New York. Weekends the hangar is closed by orders of the base commander - my wife! Holding pattern is 1-2 weeks.

While you are in the holding pattern - 3 homework assignments to work on.

1. Reading assignment from the FAQs: Questions- 10-11-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-105.

2. Training video: Lesson-1 This is what you will be working on (controlled vertical lift) in the 1st session. Click on full screen so you can see the cyclic (right stick). Try to keep an eye on the cyclic and on the heli at the same time.

3. Practice: When you get your eyes uncrossed - read Don't Touch The Controls and practice the exercise.

Let me know when you have everything installed and ready to go - and if you have a preferred day (M-F) for training. Start polishing those rotors!

captJac

------------TTTTTTTTT
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in