Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do I have to reprogram??

Haven't flown the 300 in a while and found that one of the servo's was dead when I went to fly for the first time this year. Ordered a new one and it just came in today. Thought it would be easy to fix but now I wonder to I have to reprogram the Beast X in order to get the servo set up right? Never done that before so I hope the answer is NO.
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Airetic

The answer is yes. You will at least need to set it to 90 degrees.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes ! You need to centre the servo in beasts as a min ! It seems a pain, but I always check complete mechanical setup and step through complete beastx setup if I touch a servo.

My first time was daunting, but the amainhobbies you tube videos will help walk you through it.
MrCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You do, unless you get lucky and the servo horn sits 90º from the factory. I've heard of a 450X flyer that has not needed to redo the setup when he replaced his servo with another stock one.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeastX is programmed from the unit? You don't connect to computer, right? Thanks, for your help.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use a computer to program it if you have the adapter, but most of us just use our transmitters to program it. Programming the AR7200BX is very simple; here is a link to the PDF manual. There's a lot of us here in the forums who would be more than happy to assist with any programming questions that you have. Don't let the unit intimidate you - it's really simple and intuitive. Once you break through that first barrier of entering the BX setup menu for the first time, you'll find that it's a piece of cake. What servo failed on you that you need to replace?

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aileron servo.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I usually use servo testers to mechanically center my servo arms before I install the servo. In your case you'll need to do it once you have the servo installed, since you probably don't have a servo tester. Here's the lowdown of getting your new servo properly installed:
--------------------
1. Get your servo installed and connected to your AR7200BX. Don't install your servo arm yet, or you may risk stripping your gears!

2. Enter the Setup Menu on your AR7200BX. The manual tells you how to do this. Trust me, it's simple.

3. Go to Setup Menu step G. With the Status LED OFF (no light), install your little servo horn. Make it as close to 90 degrees as possible to your swashplate linkage (it likely won't be perfect due to the way the little toothies are arranged).

4. While still in Setup Menu step G, use your rudder stick to navigate to the aileron servo (red light). Now simply move your elevator stick until your aileron servo arm is as close to 90 degrees to your swashplate linkage as your eyes can get it. Note that you are now digitally centering the servo arm, so if you return to the OFF light in Setup Menu G it may appear to be off center again; this is expected and is of no concern.

5. Now navigate to Setup Menu I (i). Make sure your swashplate is moving the correct direction as defined in the 300X manual. If it's not, simply follow the instructions in the AR7200BX manual for getting this corrected. You likely won't need to make any adjustments here since I'm assuming you're going to still be using the stock servos.

6. Now navigate to Setup Menu L. All you're doing here is resetting your swashplate travel limits. While the AR7200BX manual does a really good job explaining this area, feel free to ask if you need any help with it. It's pretty straightforward.

7. Now navigate to Setup Menu M and verify that your swashplate sensor directions are correct. Both the AR7200BX and 300X manuals explain what to look for. Trust me, this is something you already know how to do.
--------------------
That should be all you need to do. I'll let DoubleCH or one of the other uber setup gurus chime in if I accidentally missed something. Since this is your first time entering the setup menu on the AR7200BX, you'll be nervous about messing everything up and will be double-checking your manuals, so this will probably take you 30-60 minutes to complete. This is expected and simply indicates that you're being meticulous and careful. Once you've done it a few times it will take you all of 5 or 10 minutes to complete.

The most important thing is to not bump any of your transmitter sticks as you navigate in and out of menus you won't need to be adjusting.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had a Blade 300x for almost a year. on the first flight I crashed. (not surprising to me, It's my 2nd heli). So, I got all sorts of fun metal parts and upgrades for it because...why not right? lol. After putting it all back together I realized I had no idea how to make it fly true. so it sat for 9 months after I gave up on programing the little bastard.
Long story short.....
Just today I saw this thread and watched the YouTube link a few post's back.
After about 20min I actually got it to fly!
for the first time it can be very intimidating programing the 300x.

AKA. it's not that hard. :-p
freeridert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent write-up! Not just correct, but precise, to-the-point!

The only things I would like to add:

5. Menu I doesn't apply if you didn't change to different cyclic servos or swapped aile/aux servo plugs. If you happen to have to change servo directions, you may not know where to start 1st. Focus on the "aile" servo, which direction cannot be changed by Menu I so you'll have to use TX pitch/aileron/elevator servo reverse to do that.

6. While Menu L is supposed to limit swash travel to prevent binding, for the 300X the swash can tilt a lot before binding which means BX may use way too much cyclic for stabilization use (like when you're in an out-of-control situation with lots of motor bogging and cyclic). I limit cyclic pitch to no more than 10-12* with menu L. IIRC, 300X swash setup can do 14*+ without binding.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you to all who posted. Uriah your post was great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in