Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default full auto take off & landing at gps mode

Would that be possible to take off & landing at gps mode since this shall be very safe
and convenient?????
align aps can do so why not naza h
arpakorn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpakorn View Post
Would that be possible to take off & landing at gps mode since this shall be very safe
and convenient?????
align aps can do so why not naza h
The WKH offers this feature. It has been said by DJI that future versions of the Naza H software will include it as well. But not yet.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

I currently use 2 JR satellite receivers and a 3GX on my 600. If I switched to the Naza-H GPS will it support satellite receivers?

Thinking about eventually getting more into FPV and looking for a bit more stability and the Naza-H seems to be pretty reasonably priced.
Jim09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not now. Only the new A2M multi rotor FC from DJI will do Spektrum satellites. It has not yet been released. DJI as a company has a bias toward Futaba equipment. I finally broke down and got a 8FGS to use.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default naza-h tilting on take off

I'm currently building a 10 foot scale jet ranger with the mechanic of the Airstar international mongoose. Pictures coming soon!

With that said and the assistance of Jack Cleveland, we have place the naza-h on the mongoose. Tried two test flight which has been unsuccessful with no crashes, ( thanks to the goddess of helicopter, LOL) The main problem is that the helicopter wants to tilt over on take off toward the right. I'm using so much input to compensate I'm afraid to left off. I have went thru all the setup as I done before with a 600 T-Rex, with great success. I did have the same problem but I can't find out what is causing it. The mechanic (pod & boom) is compared to a 800 plus, all servos is correct and the swash plate is level, all servos going in the right dirction.

So the million dollar question is why is it trying to tilt over on take off? Is this normal with the Naza or without the Naza?

Calloway
mecalloway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H GPS Flybarless System

You are trying to take off in manual I assume?

Perhaps vibrations? I know the Beast X could rip right if certain vibes were present...
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Posted a short video of the Naza H on a larger gasser, not many on youtube at the moment. Also some flying in Atti mode for those asking how it maneuvers.

Also I'll chime in about the takeoff/landing in other than manual. There were several crashes when Naza H first came out from people trying that. Even Atti mode is not failsafe. If the unit is initialized level and is tilted even slightly as it spools up, Naza gives more and more cyclic inputs trying to correct until the head speed comes up and then its overcorrecting.

Although WKH has a governor feature, calling Naza H a governor is misleading. It locks the throttle setting, collective changes can make the head speed vary and I notice it significantly on my bird.
flim63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default DJI Naza-H New Firmware With Optimized Flybarless Algorithm

DJI has officially released the new assistant software & firmware for Naza-H helicopter autopilot system here.

1. Latest Version:
•Firmware version: 2.00
•Assistant software version: 1.20
•User manual version: 1.06

2. What's changed?
•Fully optimized Flybarless algorithm;
•Optimized braking feeling of tail gyro.

3. What’s new?
•Added two new parameters -- "Start Para." and "Stop Para.", and deleted one parameter -- "Stick Boost" for FBL in Advanced of Common page;
•Added "Brake Gain" for tail gyro in Advanced of Common page.

4. Functions:
•Manual Mode
•GPS Atti. Mode(option)
•Built-in FBL system
•Built-in tail gyro
•Auto hovering F&S
•Battery monitor and warning (option)
•S-Bus Support
•IMU Calibration

Please log into DJI website for more information or you can reach your dealers directly if you have any questions, thanks!
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza H

Hey guys,

I'm a little confused with the altimeter functions of this unit without GPS. Will this allow me to use a channel to activate it to not drop below say..... 10 feet? Will there be an upgrade to allow this on nitro helicopters?--As I understand it is only rated for electric for now.
Also, it seems this unit has a lot of features for a good price, yet I'm having trouble finding much info on it, because it's a new product?
brendon55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, there is no hard deck function.

The only purpose of the altimeter is to provide information for the Atti and GPS Atti modes.

When in manual, you have direct control over collective pitch to climb/descend.

When in either Atti or GPS Atti, you are now commanding a rate of climb/descent when you move the stick. It's a little like how the FBL system works with cyclic pitch in fact.... You request a rate and the Naza does what is needed with the pitch to give you that rate.

What this means for you as a pilot is that if you leave the stick at "hover pitch" in Atti/GPS Atti then the heli will neither climb nor descend regardless of outside interference or other control inputs. For example normally when pitching forwards to accelerate one would have to add collective to prevent the heli from losing height... In Atti/GPS Atti the Naza does this for you and if you try to add collective you will climb (since that is what you are now requesting).

The recommendation against use in nitro is due to vibrations I believe. If you have a fairly smooth ship then you can always give it a go, I imagine where it would really struggle would be gassers.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the upgrade ... wil test it later today....
henniepretorius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may sound crazy...but double check the direction your naza unit is pointing.

mechanic of the Airstar international mongoose. Pictures coming soon!

With that said and the assistance of Jack Cleveland, we have place the naza-h on the mongoose. Tried two test flight which has been unsuccessful with no crashes, ( thanks to the goddess of helicopter, LOL) The main problem is that the helicopter wants to tilt over on take off toward the right. I'm using so much input to compensate I'm afraid to left off. I have went thru all the setup as I done before with a 600 T-Rex, with great success. I did have the same problem but I can't find out what is causing it. The mechanic (pod & boom) is compared to a 800 plus, all servos is correct and the swash plate is level, all servos going in the right dirction.

So the million dollar question is why is it trying to tilt over on take off? Is this normal with the Naza or without the Naza?

Calloway[/QUOTE]
BBechtel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

are you spooling to take off so gentle your not taking off?
FBL don't like to sit on the ground. you could be on the verge of getting a ground resonance thats vibing the unit.
as not typical , mine takes off vertical. no leaning.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine sits on the ground fully spooled up perfectly happy, as do all my other FBL heli's.

Is your swash level in manual mode? If not, it should be!

I had a problem which gave the swash a big right lean in manual and it was as you describe. It was, though I still don't understand how, somehow related to my rx and once I set failsafe (in the rx, not the Naza failsafe) the problem disappeared. Really strange, and I can't wrap my head around what caused it since the controls all looked normal in monitor and the tilt occurred while not in a failsafed state.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still having tail issues , can't seem to get it right.....I've tried nearly everything.
its either to much gain and has "wag" tendencies (no wag in a hover but wags on hard stops/not ending till i very subtle move tail)/and tried lowering the braking to cure,no help, just makes tail sloppier), or , its "loose" and sloppy feeling.Tried defaulting numbers and retrying also.
Another issue that happens , when i hit TH and its spooling down its like , i loose all tain gain together. tail goes loose and and spins nose right.Mind you its rock solid in rate mode/setup proper.As far as i know nothing gain wise changes when Throttle Hold is active.
And another , i know the A/B braking is per side and both being at 100% is way off.Numbers i can already see will need to be more 160% to 80% otherside , its that different per side on stopping.

So far , i haven't been impressed with the tail performance or setup sensitivity.
My freq settings at 1520/333 should be fine , i'm gonna try lowering it to see if it helps.

Can't blame vibes as its a smooth running machine.
Few more things to try then if all fails , not sure what to do with this.

I'm not looking to hover with this unit in one place, i'm looking for the manual/ performance side of this units potential. feeling difficulties in locking the tail effectively without having bad behaviors/tendencies.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

K , got things much better now. still have a little drift clockwise when hitting throttle hold. but overall , got the heli nice and stable tailwise with no power on "bad tendencies".
Still haven't had a clean weather day to do auto trim.

assistant says 24% gain/ tx says 31%.
rate mode 22%assistant/ tx 30%
Cyclic comp 100%
Pitch comp 40% ////100% pitch comp was givin me bad kicking issues
track A 140%
track B 80%
brake gain 140%

i also lowered my tail servo freq. to 1520/270, not sure if it did anything as i changed tail numbers at the same time.

The tail track A and B i feel should be firmware adjusted to be a closer end result in the assistant. pretty large gap to get the same feel on both sides.

maybe those numbers will help someone.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help with tail rotor settings

I have recently built a trex 800, and installed the Naza-H on it. I have gone completely through the setup per the instructions and now have a few flights on it now. I was having a problem with the tail jumping CCW at the end of a turn in either direction. I read another forum about mechanically putting some positive pitch on the tail rotor with the servo center. I did this, and also updated the firmware, and between these two steps, the jumping of the tail is gone.

However, to get the tail to hold position, I still have to use some trim. And then when I go to ATT or GPS modes, the trim causes the heli to rotate. I can take the trim out, get the heli flying with the tail holding in position, but when I go to manual mode again, then the heli will rotate until I put the trim back in.

I have a spektrum DX8, so I could create an mix to change the tail rotor trim when I change modes, but I am guessing that there is something not setup right in the Naza-H, and I would much rather get the settings correct in it.

Anyone have any ideas?
whaledriver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

I have a Trex 450 with the Spektrum DX8 radio. I have been into helicopters for only about a year or so. But I have not flown the helicopter in some time. Mainly because I need to replace the tail rotor belt and haven't had time. Plus I'm still not very good at flying it.

That said, I just got my first quad copter Phantom) after seeing this video. Boating is my #1 passion and I just had to get whatever was being flown to film this. I have watched a lot of Phantom videos and this by far has to be the best IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTcShG0OkMU

Anyway I found the Phantom very easy to fly and wondered if the Naza system was available for helicopters and here I am.

So I guess my question is, will this work with the Spektrum DX8 radio? And will this Naza system allow me to convert FBL? My heli has a Bell 222 fuselage and I am into scale flight only. No interest in 3D flight at all.

Thanks in advance guys. Sorry for the long post.
ScarabChris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it works fine on the DX8 and it is a FBL controller yes
Old 08-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the response. Going to order the unit today. On another note. Is there a thread going with quad copter video submissions? I would like to add the video I posted above.
ScarabChris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in