Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #121 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Merry xmas from the phoenix flight school crew!!

The crew being one - although my wife might have a word to say about that since she often juggles her schedule to keep clear of the hangar when training is in progress. Holidays being what they are - time with the family and dinner parties and social obligations - the flight school operations is closed down until the new year. I will post an announcement when training has resumed. In the mean time ...

MERRY XMAS!!!
captJac is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a blast the other night, thanks Jack. People don't understand what a fast learning curve it is when you have an instructor, why do you think all aircrew members have instructors besides the safety aspect of it. When I started flying rc airplanes I crashed two new airplanes in a row , then hired an instructor for 2.5 hours. Best $50 I ever spent on RC period! Jack does not charge a dime. My hat is off to you Jack, Thanks. Hoby
hobdean is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #123 (permalink)

Glad I could steepen the learning curve for you a little! Your learning curve was already pretty steep with the many years of fixed-wing flying experience. For sure helis have their own flight characteristics and there are a few adjustments needed in the cockpit before taking off. Good luck with your training exercises and most of all HAVE FUN!!

captJac
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ready to begin Training

Sims uploaded, skype installed, books downloaded, and training scheduled!!!

This Forum is amazing and so are Jack's books. Well worth the money and the time for the read, regardless of your level of skill or experience.

I can't wait to get some stick time with Jack in overwatch.

Blade 450
Spektrum DX6i
Rogue6 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jack,
I need to get on the list of new students when you get a chance. I will send more info in a pm after the new year.

Thanks,
Brock
Old 12-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
i've always wanted to fly rc heli's ever since i was 13 or 14. I've been into rc cars since then as well, but only recently purchased a heli about 4 months back. I started with a mSR, learned to fly that on my own and feel i'm fairly proficient with it. I then purchased phoenix, and try to practice on it daily. I was trying to do everything at first on it, mostly forward flight, but then came to realize that i'm still not excellent at hovering in all orientations. I'm fairly comfortable with tail in and side in, but still not anywhere i'd like to be. I purchased a MCPx a few weeks ago, and i have to admit i am comfortable hovering tail in only, and thats it. I'm flying it on a dx5e remote at the moment. i'll be upgrading once i get my new HK450 up and running, in hopes to have some more real world hovering experience. I'm hoping maybe you could help me out some in the new year? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Motosharpe is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #127 (permalink)

Default FLIGHT SCHOOL CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

With heavy heart it time to make an announcement. Have to hang up my scarf and helmet and close the flight school down until further notice. Some new commitments this new year and it time to tend my resignation and turn the controls over to someone else or figure out how to add 6 more hours to the clock. Thanks to everyone for their support and loyalty. It has been a pleasure to be able to assist you with your training.

captJac
Old 01-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow I just finished reading every post on this thread, and was very excited untill I read this last post. It is just my luck that the day I find out about the flight school the doors get closed. (lol story of my life) I am sure if you ever get back into the Phoenix flight school you will post about it. I guess until then I will keep practicing on the Phoenix. I am hoping maybe you could do a post on how to set it up with the DX6i or similar transmitter, I coincidently Bought the Phoenix3 and a DX6i just last week. I thought I was doing ok with it, till I read this thread, and realised that without setting it up properly, I am probably not getting close to the true feel of a real Mcpx.
If you get a chance I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate a post on how to set up Phoenix3. Thanks for helping so many people Capt Jack, I am hoping maybe one of them can maybe reveil how you had them set up the simulator, if you don't get a chance to do it.............................thanks for all you did here for everyone.........Jimi
Jimi is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I also just got my act together and finally picked up Phoenix last week. I'm sorry I didn't pull the trigger sooner, but applaud you for the assistance you so generously gave to so many.

Don't worry about me... I'm sure I'll be OK

You're a class act Jack, I hope our paths cross down the road.

Joe
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #130 (permalink)

With the start of the new year it's a good time to reflect on the past year - the good - the bad - changes in the making - changes needed. The Phoenix Simulator Flight School has been running almost 2 years - trained 100's of students - free of charge. It was conceptualized to support the community and help beginners get off the ground. It has been immensely satisfying and rewarding. BUT there are some questions which have been troubling and have not resolved themselves. Everyone has their own agenda why they are here. Mine is to teach. To help others. To extend a helping hand as a helping hand was extended to me. Plain and simple. Not hard to understand. Something that I have done for not just the flight school but for all of my teaching career. I was planning on resuming flight operations beginning of the year but I have decided it best to close the school down for now. SOME CHANGES ABOUT TO OCCUR and I will be setting up a winter base of operations in Ocala Florida - do some flying - market my book - sort out some priorities. Not sure what my schedule will be but best not to make any commitments for any time soon. The Phoenix Flight School will be closed until further notice. CaptJac is going into winter retirement.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Darn, why am I always too late for these things ..
Whirlist is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlist View Post
Darn, why am I always too late for these things ..
Well you weren't too late for the book - sample copy is in your mailbox!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow!!

This sounds great!!!...Is it still available??

steve (ESPO)
61Espo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Capt..

You have some good Heli books on your site that I am going to get...Looks real good!!

Thanks for ll the help you give guys like me!!

Steve
61Espo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jack,
I just read the sample that you sent me, thanks, lots of good stuff. Now to get the whole book.

Sorry I didn't have the pleasure of a class, from what I've read, I'm really missing out.

But as a retired teacher, I know that you have to do what is best for you and yours.. and you know when the time is right to walk away.

Thank you for all you have done (and continue to do with your books) for the Heli community.

Brock
Old 01-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahhh I read every post in this thread and was getting excited till I saw your retirement.

Thats ok Capt Jack. What you did was above the norm.

How do I find your book on the iPhone/iPad App store?

Many thanks.
hedonist222 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
Ahhh I read every post in this thread and was getting excited till I saw your retirement.

Thats ok Capt Jack. What you did was above the norm.

How do I find your book on the iPhone/iPad App store?

Many thanks.
Don't know if Jack is going to respond, he's been absent for a couple days over at RC Groups.

I am in the same situation as you! My wonderful wife gave me a mCX2 for christmas and I was hooked. Lots of fun flying the little coaxial around the house.

Day after christmas I went out and bought four more batteries, a multi LiPo charger with PS. Started reading everything I could in all the various RC groups, while my batteries were changing. Then back to flying, then reading more as the batts were changing, again and again, for many days...wow info overload. I stumbled across PFS by CaptJac and immediately was even more excited. I read all the posts in this thread, and all the posts over at RCG about PFS. Researched flight simulators....ordered another heli, , more batteries, additional parts, Phoenix V3 flight sim, and a DX6i radio. I bought CaptJacs two eBooks, installed Skype, and finally I was ready to PM CaptJac and then I read this sad news here and over at RCG....Damn I was really bummed. I guess crash and burn or .... dunno, just still real bummed.

Sorry for the rambling...I purchased both his eBooks at LuLu dot com. In case you aren't sure about the titles they are Taking Off With RC Helicopters FAQs 101, and Taking Off With RC Helicopters FAQs 102.

ChasingTail for sure!
ChasingTail is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #138 (permalink)

Thanks for picking up the thread for me and posting the iBook info. It can also be downloaded from iTunes - just type in the title or titles and it will take you there. Schedule wise - I'll be departing to Florida on the 17th - a week later than planned. Trying to be careful with scheduling and then having to cancel - but I also feel an obligation to my students - especially when they bought the book and in the holding pattern! I will try to arrange some last trainings before I leave - thanks for your patience and support.
captJac
Old 01-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Capt Jack,

Do I have to purchase each book twice because I have an Iphone and iPad.
Or will one purchase (of each book) suffice?
hedonist222 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
Capt Jack, Do I have to purchase each book twice because I have an Iphone and iPad. Or will one purchase (of each book) suffice?
Good question. My guess is iBook requires a separate download for each iOS device. Hopefully somebody on this thread can answer that. I downloaded the books onto my wife's iPad (when she wasn't looking) and was wide-eyed and amazed how well it worked. Please let me know what you find out.

captJac
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in