Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
For someone new to the hobby or newer and has not built alot of machines it is not apparent that the tail blades are spinning in reverse.

It is incredibly dangerous that the manual is backwards, I have built a couple helis now and did not notice it either until I spooled up and the helicopter spiraled out of control.

I emailed compass about the issue and received no reply. I am not very impressed as of right now.

It is easy to criticize in hind-sight but for a non-experienced builder it is a very small detail to miss, especially when you check, double check, and triple check that you followed the manual correctly.
+1 I completely agree.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KiloXray 6HV Ultimate Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_random View Post
Not wishing to pick a fight, however aren't blades travelling backward a bit of a clue?

[ame]http://youtu.be/nTh5JzRziHE[/ame]
Pun too funny to resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #183 (permalink)
The Airetic

Thread Starter Thread Starter

psssssst. hey guys. My tail is spinning the proper direction. This is not the issue.

Quinn, the pulley roll pin is still there. Who knows what happened. I can't find any other issue with the heli. My best guess is that the tail link was broken prior to spool up and I missed it on my preflight.

I guess we will find out after I get parts and put her back together. At least this time I will be ready for it and can kill it at any sign of issue.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_random View Post
Not wishing to pick a fight, however aren't blades travelling backward a bit of a clue?
Who are you referring to? I don't think KX ever said his tail blades were spinning backwards. Jmann said he had that problem and fixed it.
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KiloXray 6HV Ultimate Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
psssssst. hey guys. My tail is spinning the proper direction. This is not the issue.

Quinn, the pulley roll pin is still there. Who knows what happened. I can't find any other issue with the heli. My best guess is that the tail link was broken prior to spool up and I missed it on my preflight.

I guess we will find out after I get parts and put her back together. At least this time I will be ready for it and can kill it at any sign of issue.

I don't think it's possible to break one of those links in flight but who knows. It has to be something else. However, the theory it broke in transport is interesting. My 7hv tipped over in the trunk yesterday and the tail fin poked a hole in one of my tail blades. The links just popped off the balls. Is it possible maybe the links were reamed out too much and just fell off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #186 (permalink)
The Airetic

Today I pulled the trigger on a http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002RW...332200_TE_item

Now we are in business! On the road to more flights!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice, I've been eyeing it. What's it weigh with full tank?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #188 (permalink)
The Airetic

Beats me dude! I actually ordered it from amazon today. I think it will be a little over 40lbs. I'll let you know when I get it in a few weeks.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice. I wish I wasn't such an addict so I could buy nice things like that. My charging setup is way over due for an upgrade yet I keep buying more helis rather than stuff that i need like generator, chargers, tools etc. the buttons are giving out on my dual 206B's. I have to unplug it to reset after a charge. A 4010 duo and a generator like that would be sweet.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #190 (permalink)
The Airetic

I hear ya man. There are a few airframes that I very badly want but I basically had to force myself to spring for the generator. #firstworldproblems. I doubt I will regret it though. Lol.

My charging setup is a 306b with a Mean Well RSP 1000-27. I am out to build a kinda ghetto case setup for it soon. I've also had my eye on the 406 duo.

On another note, I got all of my repair parts in for the 6hvu. I got it all installed last night. Probably going to go through a bench setup tomorrow and then try to put her in the air on Tuesday.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 6hv is still completely disassembled in parts baggies since the submarine incident lol. Parts should be here tomorrow. Should have it back up and flying next week, no more flying behind my house though. Might not be so lucky next time.

My charging setup really needs to grow. I have 4 sets for the 7hv and 3 sets for the 6hv that I can also split to run in the atom. It would be nice if I could get all my packs charged in an hour and a half or so. Right now it takes about 3 hours with the dual 206b's. also a 14s capable system would be nice.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #192 (permalink)
The Airetic

Oh yeh, LOL. The submarine. That was crazy! I can't believe how lucky you got.

The time issue is really the main reason I decided on the generator. This way I can basically just charge as I go at the field. Ultimately this should mean that I need to own fewer batteries as well.

Up till now I have needed to own quite a few batts so that I have enough to fly for a few hours at the field. Ive got 3 sets for the 6HVU, 8 batts for the Warp, and 8 (3S) batts that pull double duty between the 450X and a plank. Its getting kind of ridiculous. I should be able to use abut half that.

At a comfortable pace, I can usually fly 5 or 6 flights per hour at the field. Especially If I am alone.

I also intend to sell my 450X and buy the new Chase 360 that is being released next month. That heli will share bats with the Warp and then I only need to bring a couple of the 3S packs, if I even bring the plank out at all. I only bring the plank out maybe, one of five trips.

I'm not sure how long it would take to charge one set for the 6HV and two packs for the warp at once. Im guessing around 30 mins. So that means with 4 warp packs and 4 6HVU packs, I can basically fly non stop. Two 450 flights for every 600 flight. Not too shabby.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah less packs and charging at the field is better for sure but for me it doesn't really work out as well. It's pretty rare that I have a day to just spend a few hours at the field. Most of my flying is on my lunch break or after work so I usually have about an hour at a time to fly. All my helis are way over powered so flights only last about 4 minutes or less. I can easily run through all my packs in that one hour period if i dont mess around. Getting out a generator and charging would take up too much of the small window I have. It would still be nice to be setup for fun flys and the occasional day that I can get out for a while.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #194 (permalink)
The Airetic

Sooooo, The myth is true!

Cyclone 615 blades are RAD! They fly noticeably different than my Compass 615 blades. I really like them, enough that, I'm pretty sure, I'm not going back.

One thing that was really noticeable is how with the Cylcones, my governor had a much easier time keeping a constant headspeed. Not sure why, but that is pretty cool, if you ask me.

Gen still hasn't showed up yet. I was also informed when I got home from the field that I am being deployed, and I have to leave in two weeks. Probably will be gone for 6 months. This will put a serious damper on my flying for sure.

Last edited by KiloXray; 08-07-2014 at 11:16 AM..
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice selfie KX! Good luck on your next assignment.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #196 (permalink)
The Airetic

Thanks man. Now I am gonna have to try and figure out how to get the Warp and all her fixins there.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
Thanks man. Now I am gonna have to try and figure out how to get the Warp and all her fixins there.
Just throw it in a tuff box and slap a SECRET sticker on there haha.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #198 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
Just throw it in a tuff box and slap a SECRET sticker on there haha.
That is pretty close to how it is gonna go down. The destination is someplace fairly desirable. I don't think I will be able to carry much in, but mailing a gorilla box beforehand seems like a possibility. It will also depend on how much space I have at my destination.

At an absolute minimum, I will find a way to take a laptop and a radio so that I can sim.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is the collective response on the cyclones conpared to stock? More, less, same?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #200 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
How is the collective response on the cyclones conpared to stock? More, less, same?
To me they seemed to be slightly faster. I had to raise my tail gain just a tad. It seems like the cyclones bite the air and transfer the torque a little bit harder.

Then again, I'm not that great of a pilot. Lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in