Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mounting SK720BE

Hello folks

I recently purchased my first Skookum unit and was wondering if its ok to mount the SK unit on the anti rotation bracket on a trex 550E DFC

I will be using the SL and a GPS

Any help will be appreciated!
canadien007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I intend on having the ports facing sideways
Old 05-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with the Trex 550... but as long as you can mount the SK level, you should be good. You can mount it wires to the side and just pick the right orientation in the SK software, then you're set.
dcope17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
I'm not familiar with the Trex 550... but as long as you can mount the SK level, you should be good. You can mount it wires to the side and just pick the right orientation in the SK software, then you're set.
Im going to be placing the FBL controller in place of where the sat is in the pic

Old 05-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same heli and KDE bracket and that's where I've mounted mine.....only problem I've had is with vibration shutting down the self-level.

This is my thread from last summer and what I went through after mounting the SK where you plan to:https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=651678

Last edited by highjinx; 05-30-2015 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: added link
highjinx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by highjinx View Post
I have the same heli and KDE bracket and that's where I've mounted mine.....only problem I've had is with vibration shutting down the self-level.

This is my thread from last summer and what I went through after mounting the SK where you plan to:https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=651678

Where do you have it mounted now?
Old 05-31-2015, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exactly where you plan to mount yours.....its a great place with easy wiring....its just a vibration problem....if you have read my thread you will have seen everything that I did and replaced before it worked....the best place that I have read would be directly under the main shaft....but the way the carbon fiber side panels are that would be difficult. if self-level is not a problem then it should be easy

I don't think you would need to do everything that I did....perhaps start with the black foam tape from SR and see how that is before you start doing what I did (eg., replacing the motor or the motor mounts)
Old 05-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Canadien007
Use Align PU GEL or Kyosho Gyro Mounting gel and your laughing. Best is Kyosho and it is available on Ebay. I used the Align Gel and it worked awesome. My vibes were down to 1.2 - 1.3 Best anti vibe mounting with the SK720BE and your metal plate.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsATOM View Post
Hey Canadien007
Use Align PU GEL or Kyosho Gyro Mounting gel and your laughing. Best is Kyosho and it is available on Ebay. I used the Align Gel and it worked awesome. My vibes were down to 1.2 - 1.3 Best anti vibe mounting with the SK720BE and your metal plate.

Nice....will try that.
Did you use it in the fall (colder weather)?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsATOM View Post
Hey Canadien007

I will definitely buy the gel.

How did you lay it up? Was it something like the gel against the frame, then the sk720 foam, then the aluminum plate and the the fbl unit?

If you can post a pic that would be great!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by highjinx View Post
Exactly where you plan to mount yours.....its a great place with easy wiring....its just a vibration problem....if you have read my thread you will have seen everything that I did and replaced before it worked....the best place that I have read would be directly under the main shaft....but the way the carbon fiber side panels are that would be difficult. if self-level is not a problem then it should be easy

I don't think you would need to do everything that I did....perhaps start with the black foam tape from SR and see how that is before you start doing what I did (eg., replacing the motor or the motor mounts)

You're right, I wont go to the extent that you did. Since I already have the black foam and the alumimum plate, ill try it out and see what vibe levels im getting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in