Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ESmart Battery

I finally got around to building Esmart. Just a Q, what type of battery are you guys using with the stock motor, and a BEC if any ?

I am trying a Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack, going from 450s 2200mAh batteries, 5000 sure feels like a brick at 800 grams, is that norm or a 5S is a better choice ?
Memoza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use Exceed 5S, 4000mAh with a Hobbywing 80A OPTO ESC,

A lot of people use 6S though.

Donnie D
Donnie D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
My ES600, with its stock motor, uses either twin 3S1P 5000Mah 35C packs or a single 6S1P 35C pack for motor power only. These packs feed the stock motor through an Align 100A Brushless ESC. RCE-BL100G.

Motor speed control from 2nd battery pack. This is a 4500Mah 3P1S 25C via an Align 6A External BEC with a 5.1 volt two way step-down voltage regulator to help stop the tail servo from burning out. Because of it's size, this battery now sits on a battery plate that was originally designed to hold the main flight pack. Quick & easy modification back when parts when available, the whole lot still sits inside the canopy with room to spare and has helped fix the usual tail heavy C of G problems that metal framed ES600 all seem to suffer from

After each flight neither the battery packs nor the electronics show any signs of being anything but slightly warm to the 'finger tip touch' test, so if it isn't broken - don't fix it. :-)
The servos are warmer than any other parts.

All my LiPo packs are now Turnigy packs from Hobby King. So far they have all proved to be excellent value for money with just as much power and battery life (or more) as most of the 'brand' name packs costing 2 or 3 times as much.

That's taking the performance from well over 2 dozen LiPo packs of both Turnigy & Rhino brand names.

I know a lot of people thing these Align units are junk but mine has lasted over 2 years, so far without any problems at all, - of course due to the lack of parts these days the ES600 doesn't get used all that often any more. :-(

Last edited by Flip465; 06-04-2010 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: spelling. ;-(
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use 6S 5000mah's, they're great for this heli. 6S 5000's are also what the other 550's on the market like as well. If you ever get another brand of 550 you'll at least have the packs...
Compass 7HV FBL
signal7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool, thanks.

I am going to use a 3A 5V BEC with a 2S 1000mAh battery, can anyone say if 3A BEC for 4 Futaba S3305 servos is enough?

oh and no crazy 3D... yet.
Memoza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in