Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #1081 (permalink)

My HF Map location

...from the V2.0 firmware page

Removed "wait on rudder". The gyro will no longer wait until the rudder stick is centred. Spektrum users should bind their receivers while the rudder is at mid-point.

Lowered "wait on gain" threshold to 5%. It is no longer needed for Spektrum users to use this feature as they can enter setup mode with the bind plug. However, if you wish to make the gyro wait until the the receiver has linked you can bind with gain below 5%. This is the internal gyro gain value as displayed via the diagnostic mode.

more up to date!
toaster12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #1082 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a question about setting up the tail on the heli.
I have the Spartan gyro on my Frenzy, I love this gyro. The tail just locks in where ever you put it.
that aside, here is my question.
Do you really need to put in the 8 deg of pitch on the tail with this gyro.
I have guys at the field that are flying theirs set at 0 deg of pitch and the tail holds as good as mine.
It seems to be a "chevy vs Ford" type of argument, but noone has been able to fully explain to me why it's supposed to be done.
The only thing I can see by setting up the pitch in the tail is if you lose HH mode, your heli won't piro out of control.
Can someone explain this to me in plain english?? I'd really like to know..
Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #1083 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you set it up with 0 pitch when the servo is at 90 the gyro will have to use quite a bit of the servo's right rudder direction travel (the direction the 8 degrees goes into) only to get to the natural neutral state. After that you'll have a huge differential between left and right rudder due to this fact, possibly to the extent that the servo bottoms out to the right for you if demanding much right rudder pitch for whatever reason. You want to give the gyro symmetric conditions to work better, with this gyro roughly so is all that is needed. Personally I still take the time to set the mechanics up so that my helis will hover without almost any pirouetting (the ball-link within one turn of perfect or not being able to move a tail mounted servo the small distance needed without overshooting) with the gyro in rate mode.
Tomas Ahl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #1084 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Angry

I picked up a DS760 at IRCHA and it's ver 1.8 and wanted to up date. When I tried to at there site it would not work until I registered the product. I sent the E-Mail and received a response about a support ticket,two in fact and it said that they sent a e-mail but maybe my spam filter deleted it. It said to check there to see if it blocked the message. No it did not and besides I received there other messages which came form that same address. What a big run around, should have saved my money on the USB adapter!
DJC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #1085 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope you resolved your ploblem by now but you simply register it on line using the serial number of the unit. you are them able to update the firmware. no human intervention is necessary.
franticf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #1086 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No resolution yet. Just a response stating I should check my spam filter to see if that E-Mail was filtered which by the way is from the same address as the one that said to check DUH! It sure is frustrating when S**T don't work.
Do you change the Rudder ATV to increase or decrease the rate of Pirouetting or the Gear channel?
I'm using a DX-7.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #1087 (permalink)

My HF Map location

rudder atv for piro, gear is for gain!

The spartan registration page does allow you to re-enter your email address to have the support link re-sent to you, or to change email address, have you tried that?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #1088 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Toaster
I went to the field and tried it and it worked. i have the gain on the gear ch at 67 (DX-7) on my T500esp and it seems locked in.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #1089 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Glad to have helped, sometimes these things aren't as complicated as they seem.

Support can often over complicate things and forget the obvious.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #1090 (permalink)

Default 9254 Centering with DX7

Hi guys,

I have a small problem which I really donot understand. Hope you guys give me some advise. Last night I was setting up my spartan with 9254 for a protos. I followed closely all the 4 bob's vids and all setting were successful. I'm using GYRO SENS menu to control the gain and I set 30 for rate mode and 74 for heading hold mode. so i went hook up everything. And everything initialize properly in rate mode and I continue going to subtrim menu to adjust servo centre. it requires around L31 to centre the servo. After done this i switch off and bind again with rx and after that hook up everything again and switch on and evrything centring good in rate mode. then I flip the idle up 1 switch to change form rate mode to heading hold mode. Then the servo move 2-3 degree to the right direction. flip again to rate mode then the servo centres nicely. when flip to heading hold, servo move again to 2-3 degres. I check the digital trim marker it doesn;t move when i flip the idle switch. What is happening I just can't think of any possiblities. What do you think?

As a temporary solution and reset subtrim in Tx and use the mid point adjustment in the spatan software to centre the servo. I ended up value 70 to make servo centre. And when flip both modes are ok servo remains as it is in the centre. I was wondering why can't i use the Tx subtrim to centres the servo?
bilbil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #1091 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The spartan gyro, like most gyro's, expects a centre servo signal from the tx.

The tx doesn't control servo position, the gyro does, although in rate mode with sub-trim it will move because the gyro thinks it is receiving a rudder input and moves the servo!

I have three spartans, with a 9257 and 2 8900G's and none of these have required centring the servo via the spartan software and usb link. I have always managed to move the servo wheel to provide a centre position.

The manual does state that you should not have any sub-trim, or normal trim.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #1092 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbil View Post
... I flip the idle up 1 switch to change form rate mode to heading hold mode. Then the servo move 2-3 degree to the right direction. flip again to rate mode then the servo centres nicely. when flip to heading hold, servo move again to 2-3 degres ...
http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/...=90&category=3

-Angelos

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #1093 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well that's something I didn't know

You obviously don't sleep like me Angelos
Old 09-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #1094 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post

Based on the above explanation, if I understood correctly, what I had been having a little change in position in servo position is just a normal operation due to 1510us & 1520us difference between spektrum n futaba. Therefore I think, I should remove the mid point value in the spartan gyro configuration and just use the sub trim to centre the servo in rate mode. N ignore the slight servo shift when flipping to heading hold mode. isn't it ?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #1095 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is normal for other heading hold Gyros too. Having trim in the radio will cause it to drift.

The Gyro is what controls the tail servo and not the radio. The Gyro sees the trim as you adding an input on the rudder stick hence it moves across the tail slider.

It is very much preferable to correct mechanical faults like this by changing servo horn/spline to achieve the correct geometry.

hope that helps you out

Brian
highland flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #1096 (permalink)

I'll resetted the subtrim in Tx to 0 as well as in spartan gyro mid point to 0.I try the best effort using star horn to get close to 90 deg. i think if I change my Tx to Futaba that will be easily solved isn't it? coz futaba Tx - Futaba servo no difference in 1520-1510us . Correct me if I'm wrong.

Referring to topic #24 in spartan-rc, is it ok to connect the usb link to the spartan while the the Rx n Tx were switched on? is there any possibility there will clash in commands send to gyro?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #1097 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi bilbil. Each servo leg on the star horn is orientated at a slightly different angle in relation to its splines. This allows you to rotate the horn to get the 90deg linkage you require

Brian
highland flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #1098 (permalink)
Registered Users

what schould I set the gyro sens on my spartan 760 its for trex 500 esp.
and i yuse a futaba 10c.

what schould AVC and NOR stands on?
fleskepupp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #1099 (permalink)
Registered Users

any help me out? before my maiden with this new gyro and transmitter
fleskepupp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #1100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got my Outrage G5 (about the same size) on my 9C at 25%HH and 20% normal.

Hope that helps for a starting point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in