Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hitec hs 56hb servo for the tail

just got a hitec hs 56 hb servo for the tail. def like the quick response of it. make a long story short it seems since i put this servo on i cannot fly it in the REV mode like it came in and has been flying it perfectly. just spins wildly out of control. i can change it to the NOR mode and it is flyable but still wants to spin counter clockwise. seems the servo is backwards now to the inputs thats y i have to reverse it. strange, any ideas?
kygreen229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you talking about the rev norm. switch on the gyro? that only changes which direction the gyro compensates.if you get it wrong then your heli is going to piro out of control when you spool up. if your rudder is backwards when you give it input you need to reverse it on the tx.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the servo direction is reversed with that servo and if you have a computer tx you can go into the servo reversal menu and change the throw. But if your still using the stock tx unfortunately your screwed. Thats why many of us here still using the stock tx get the sg90's because the come programed with the correct directional throw.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is always possible to mount the servo on another side of the tail boom, it makes the servo works on inverse way...
conex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're better off mounting it the opposite side anyway... helps protect your nice Hitec servo from the possibility of blade strikes during the inevitable!

Steve

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've not heard that before - thanks for the tip!

I just checked my t-rex/futuaba servo and luckily I don't need to change it!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Suppose it's unlikely that you ever would take out a tail servo with a blade strike, but when you move to larger, expensive digitals for the tail it's just not worth the risk for the sake of swapping it over IMO

Cheers
Steve

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

hey thanks all you guys appreciate it! makes a little more sense now. ill prob just put it on the other side of the tail and try that. still using the stock tx for now.
kygreen229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve, I like that way of thinking. It may never happen, but just incase, always do it like this anyway

Am I correct in thinking you can reverse the polarity (positive and negative wires) of a Hitec Servo/Stock Tx combo to achive the same result as reversing the channel? Would just be a case of popping the +/- wires out of the Rx plug and swapping around.

Now I type this I realise - Is this tip just for hi-tec servo's on cyclic (I.e. to reverse the collective pitch direction) as the individual servo channels (ELEV/AIL/PIT/RUDD) can be reversed via a stock tx. Now I'm confusing myself!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mate

There is a mod (think i read one about a year ago!) for reversing Hitec servos/stock Tx. I think it's more a case of pulling the servo apart and re-soldering the internals rather than swapping around wires in the plug (someone might tell me otherwise). I see you have a DX6i so presume you are asking for the benefit of others?

Me. I wouldn't try soldering servo internals if you paid me!

Cheers
Steve

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Opps sorry bud i wasn't thinking about it being the tail servo. I'm glad others chimed in.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankey View Post
Mate

There is a mod (think i read one about a year ago!) for reversing Hitec servos/stock Tx. I think it's more a case of pulling the servo apart and re-soldering the internals rather than swapping around wires in the plug (someone might tell me otherwise). I see you have a DX6i so presume you are asking for the benefit of others?

Me. I wouldn't try soldering servo internals if you paid me!

Cheers
Steve
I have read the same thing Steve, and I agree I wouldn't re-solder the wires internally either. So I think swapping wires in the plug would have the same effect.

I am asking for the benefit of others and myself - I normally have to read things 3 times over before it finally sinks in
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can't just swap the wires in the plug - that would be too easy There are some electronics in the servo that control the servo motor, and they will be damaged if you reverse the polarity. That's why you have to open the servo and only switch the motor wires if you want to reverse the direction.

I've done a fair bit of fine soldering, but definitely would NOT risk flying my Belt with a servo that I had modified in this way.

I'm sure it is a lot easier and more practical on a standard size servo that's like 5 times bigger, but not on a little HS56 or SG90.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for clearing that up Dave

It's never that simple!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just don't like soldering

When you have great little servos like SG90 that work well with the stock Tx/Rx, I'd say they will suffice most peeps 'till they upgrade to a comp Tx and can reap the benefits of a bird kitted out with Hitec stuff on the cyclic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in