Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default More vibe log comments?

The vibration levels were less than 1.0 most of the time so probably no remedy is needed. Nevertheless I'd appreciate comments.
This is for a TRex 550 stretched to 600, with a 3-bladed head, on a test-bed for flight trials before going into an AS350 fuselage.
Here's the build thread with the page showing the test rig.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...12#post6716112
HS govenerned to 1400. Tail ratio is 4.5. Gearing is 11.8 : 1 with an Align 750MX - 450kV motor.
Attached Files
File Type: skv LOG27.SKV (949.5 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by npomeroy; 11-08-2015 at 02:38 AM..
npomeroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice...vibe levels look great to me.
It will change somewhat after you move off the test platform as I am sure it's dampening out some of the vibes but it looks great for now.
Nice looking ship, good job!
Old 11-08-2015, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The vibe levels are not so different here on a later flight where the HS was governed to 1500, but there are some higher ones. Do you think any of these are due to the CC governor zapping the motor on/off? You can see the ESC log here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=595869&page=5 and I've posted the actual file over in the Castle forum.

Attached Files
File Type: skv LOG29.SKV (599.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by npomeroy View Post
The vibe levels are not so different here on a later flight where the HS was governed to 1500, but there are some higher ones. Do you think any of these are due to the CC governor zapping the motor on/off? You can see the ESC log here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=595869&page=5 and I've posted the actual file over in the Castle forum.

Nope, the up down motor vibes are from harmonics related to the timing pwm settings. I have seen far far worse on flying ships, most notably out of Kontronik's. A very slight tail imbalance, ( TT issue if this is TT equipped?) and some very minor side to side vibes out of the head, which may be due to main shaft wobble if this is a two bearing main shaft support. Or even damps or the blade design, even some slight slop in one or more of the grips. Tracking that has a very slight deviation under load? Notice it sends harmonics through to the others?

At these levels. None of this, nothing. Is remotely worrisome unless you want to chase the rabbit?
Old 11-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks LMHs. It has a TT tail, and there were similar tail frequ. vibes with different blades. It has a longer-than-standard main shaft with 2 bearings (T-Rex 550 mechanics). It has a three bladed head and I just noticed a bit of end play in two of the three grips. The head needs to come off soon to insert scale bellows so I may strip it down. I can't see the point in chasing any other rabbits.

Nelson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in