Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters > 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

250 Aftermarket Upgrades 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #261
bazsound
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberdog View Post
Thanks both I don't have any wag at the gain I am running but I just feel the tail does not have that locked in feeling, I need a bit more gain I think to get that, but if I go into idle up 2 I get wag because of the increase in head speed, can run to 82% in IU but after 90% it wags if I don't lower the gain,

what radio are you running? with deviation you can have your idleup switch do multiple things, which could back of the gain in idle up 2 to co mpensate for the higher headspeed.

some gyros can do it, the vbar has bank switching.

as for the locked in feel, i have that issue with my copterx and its because the tail servo is too slow, to stop the tail wagging and entering WOD i have to have i gain so lowit doesnt hold and lock well.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #262
myxiplx
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
what radio are you running? with deviation you can have your idleup switch do multiple things, which could back of the gain in idle up 2 to co mpensate for the higher headspeed.

some gyros can do it, the vbar has bank switching.

as for the locked in feel, i have that issue with my copterx and its because the tail servo is too slow, to stop the tail wagging and entering WOD i have to have i gain so lowit doesnt hold and lock well.
That post was from over 2 years ago fella, probably a little late for troubleshooting :-)
And now a Lynx Team Pilot :-D
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:03 AM   #263
bazsound
Registered Users

whioops didnt notice.

well ill be added to the align tail issues now i replaced my copterx tail with the align thinking it would be better.

it was at first but now i just get fast wag no matter what gain until the gains so low the tail is very slow to respond,.

checked for resistance, seemed fine tail slider is smooth, ran it at full rpm and tried to move the tail rod. requires considerable force and will return to centre if let go ffs brand new complete tail unit only had a few flights hovering
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:38 AM   #264
HeliLust
Registered Users

Quote:
whioops didnt notice.

well ill be added to the align tail issues now i replaced my copterx tail with the align thinking it would be better.

it was at first but now i just get fast wag no matter what gain until the gains so low the tail is very slow to respond,.

checked for resistance, seemed fine tail slider is smooth, ran it at full rpm and tried to move the tail rod. requires considerable force and will return to centre if let go ffs brand new complete tail unit only had a few flights hovering
I was dealing with the same issues with my tail not that long ago. Another member suggested getting the tarrot tail for it.

It did the trick despite appearing to be lower quality. I even tried the Chinese weights on a new align unit to no avail.

Now my tail is solid again.

Align field rep www.aligntrexstore.com
HeliLust is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #265
navigator2011
Registered Users

Quote:
That behavior seems normal to me. I've had the very same results pulling on the tail rods of my 450s and 250s that flew just fine. I've purchased a couple Align tails to solve CopterX tail problems, and ones are still working like a charm.

Are you using Align tail blades?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters > 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

250 Aftermarket Upgrades 250 Aftermarket Upgrades