START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Old 01-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
matthewcornell
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question enjoying the Avant Aurora 90 in Phoenix - can anything fly like this in real life?

That helicopter in the sim is sick and smooth. Incredibly unimaginably amazing to fly - so precise and responsive. My question: What in the world would flying something like this in real life be like? I have a T-Rex 450 Sport v1 and a Protos 500, and I really can't imagine an actual helicopter that flies like that Avant. Love to hear your experiences!
matthewcornell is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
Crowbar
Registered Users

I found the larger helis in Phoenix are rather sluggish and unresponsive on the default settings. My T-Rex 550E flies much better than the one in Phenix. Could be the flybarless system, you can tune it to your liking. Some like simulated flybars (I don't), some like pitch boost (I do, makes it "pop" on quick collective moves).

The bigger the heli, the more stable and clean it flies. They also make these distinct noises that tell you exactly what the heli is doing. Phoenix doesn't simulate those noises well at all. I feel flying the real thing is not only more enjoyable, it's also easier than the sim.
If you have a flybarless heli, turn up the cyclic gain until it starts to overshoot and dial it back just a notch. Makes a 450 quite stable.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
rctazz
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think my real Avant Aurora flies better than on Phoenix.
rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know for a fact my Goblin 700 flies better than the Avant in Phoenix.. I used to use the Avant exclusively for simming because it was so good. I still do once in a while.. but my Phoenix variant on the G700 flies better too.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
matthewcornell
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default enjoying the Avant Aurora 90 in Phoenix - can anything fly like this in real ...

I guess I wasn't clear. I tried to ask what a rush it must be flying one of these machines. It feels amazing even in the sim. This would go for any high performance heli, though it is one of the more amazing ones in Phoenix, IMHO.
matthewcornell is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
Bladecpnitro
Registered Users

Its my favorite heli in Phoenix. I have it tweaked to fly just like my Trex 550E even though a 90 Nitro wouldn't have that much pop.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim