START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Old 02-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #1
Chris Arena
Registered Users

Default Can't remove V2

Bought a new computer and loaded V-2 and it was working as it should. then uploaded V5 and then a warning came on stating that i was missing something. Can't remember now but I could not progress, and could not go back to V2 and start over. So I uninstalled the entire program on my Windows Version 7 system.

When trying to reload V2, I get a message that "before uploading, Remove Pheonix V2 from my computer. it is removed and uninstalled. I have gone thru my entire c drive and there are no traces of my old V2 anywhere, but i get the same message when I attempt a re-install??

Any ideas out there?
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
thepiper92
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
Bought a new computer and loaded V-2 and it was working as it should. then uploaded V5 and then a warning came on stating that i was missing something. Can't remember now but I could not progress, and could not go back to V2 and start over. So I uninstalled the entire program on my Windows Version 7 system.

When trying to reload V2, I get a message that "before uploading, Remove Pheonix V2 from my computer. it is removed and uninstalled. I have gone thru my entire c drive and there are no traces of my old V2 anywhere, but i get the same message when I attempt a re-install??

Any ideas out there?
Have you gone through local roaming, program data (both have to enable view hidden items)?
thepiper92 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:54 AM   #3
Mugen2008
Registered Users

Use system restore and go back to before you installed V5
Mugen2008 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
thepiper92
Registered Users

I gather just windows uninstall was used. Programs like ccleaner remove the registry files attached to the programs. Some programs, if registry remains, tricks the system into thinking the program is installed still. You can do recovery, although I never create recovery points. Going through things manually will fix it, even looking through regedit in software in local user. It's easy if you learn your way around. Firstly in an folder, go to the top of it in the menu, find view and deselect hide hidden files. Many of the left over program garbage will be in areas hidden by default.
thepiper92 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim