Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Old 06-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #141
GimbalFan
Registered Users

Dang. Didn't know.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #142
CaptEv0
Registered Users

Cool, good thing I didn't order the Align tool.
Thanks
CaptEv0 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:39 AM   #143
howienf
Registered Users

Hi Bob,
i am a complete newbie to heli's. just sold my revo for a t-rex se i had shipped from hong kong. i have it with a dx6 transmitter. my local shop here in st. john's newfoundland wasn't going to have them until later in july. my question is, this is my first heli, i think i may have gotten in over my head. it supposedly came tuned but i can't get it to hover straight! it leans left and forward when i tried to hover. plus i crashed it then in a tree and broke one of the servo's. also the tail servo seems to be glitching. when i have it at nutruel position it wants to go counter clockwise. anything you can recommend for a newbie to help me out? i downloaded most of your videos now and i found them very useful. thanks in advance!
howienf is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:23 AM   #144
Finless
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

howienf,

It would be better to post questions over in the Trex forum so everyone can help too. You need to post moe info e.g. what gyro, what servos, etc.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #145
HeliBouncer
Registered Users

Just wanted to say thanks Finless Bob for the setup videos, made everything easy and adds to the enjoyment of pursuing this hobby.
HeliBouncer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #146
Mr.FlyBye
Registered Users

Default Build video's

THANKS so much for the HELP Bob they are very informitive.
Signed Mr.FlyBye New TREX se owner
Mr.FlyBye is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #147
hew565
Registered Users

I finished my Trex SE this weekend, after watching all of Bob's how-to videos.

Maiden flight, I needed one click of right AIL and one click of forward ELE for a smooth hover! Thanks Bob, for your efforts to get us noobies in the air!

I'll fool with the gyro next to get some of the wagglies out.
hew565 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #148
boati
Registered Users

I would gladly donate 20$ to BOB for those amazing videos of assembling and setting up the T-REX. Coulnd't have done it without them. Thanks..

You should get ureself a PAYPAL acc. BOB
Old 06-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #149
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have a paypal account and thank you for the offer but really it is not needed. i enjoy doing these kinda like a hobby in itself

Bob

Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #150
virgilj
Registered Users

Just completed setting up my T-REX using Bob's videos.

There's no way I would have gotten it setup correctly without them.

Thanks a million for all your work creating these videos. You've saved a lot of people a lot of heartache.

We all owe you BIGTIME!!!

Thanks again,
Virgil
virgilj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:35 AM   #151
Pietros
Registered Users

Hi Finless,

I've just realised there is one video that is just screaming to be made.
Glitch free heli 101.

This is SUCH a major topic and my estimate is that 90% of everyone battles with this issue. I am also conviced that 90% of people who give up on their Rexes do so because of glitching. I know you have a video about electronics and placement but that alone is not enough. People end up searching for hours and trying virtually everything they find - it would be great to have a step by step authoritive guide on how to sort this out.

How about a vid explaining the sources of glitches, how to mitigate them, how to place electronics, installation and placement of ferrite rings, boom grounding (or not), problem bearings, the use (or not) of fuel tubing, spraying the tail belt (or not) and then if you still have issues - installation of something like glitch no more, PPM vs PCM - your views on spectrum (someone will bring this up) and finally how to smash the thing with a 10 pound hammer so that it is properly dead if nothing else works? :twisted:
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #152
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hmmm interesting idea! I think I will do that one for sure.

Thanks for the idea.

Bob

Old 07-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #153
Pietros
Registered Users

Great news!
The rest of us will be waiting and watching with bated breath.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #154
Crashaholic
Registered Users

Thanks for all the Vid's Finless.. Must have taken quite some time.. Much appreciated
Crashaholic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 AM   #155
are_62
Registered Users

I'm currently building a 450XL CCPM

I watched the servo installation here and noticed that Bob installed 'tabs'- Is that the same as rubber pieces to prevent shock? I installed the servos directly on my 450 without using rubber since the servos did not come with it. They are HS55's and a HS56BH. Should I add rubber?

Also: I read that the 420 motor could fall apart and that it was recommended to check them or maybe even dismantle and reassemble with lock-tite. I have no plans of doing this now, but how do they come apart? Special tools?

Regards,
Are in Norway
are_62 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:44 AM   #156
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The SE comes with tabs that the screws "screw" into. The XL has a servo box with these tabs built in. NO you dont need the rubbers that full size servos come with!

Yes the 420L motor can come apart. Seem my post for how to fix it. You dont need to take it apart to PIN the can.

Bob

Old 07-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #157
are_62
Registered Users

Thanks Bob - I appreciate it! Thanks for the great videos too - don't know what I would have done without them.
are_62 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #158
sabregooch
Registered Users

Default Calling Finless! Maybe a Lipo Video?

If it's been done or not a good topic - flame me.

But I got a balancer, charger and of course a bunch of Lipos and probably not managing the lipos correctly for sure.

After all, I think we can all atest to how thorough and indepth TP's documentation of how to use the balancer is!

Not asking so much for how to use TP products or Lipo safety and handling, more along the lines of balance first, then charge? Balance during charge? Balance after charge? That kind of thing.

BTW - Bob, noticed you recently changed your Avatar - you're looking good! New haircut?
sabregooch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:21 AM   #159
Registered Users

Great work Bob, you are save lots of headaces and heart break!!!!!!
111 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #160
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea... playin around with my avitar trying to find something I like

Bob

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos