Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 01-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
jbb6789
Registered Users

Default WALKERA 4#3B V2 Brushless Yay or Nay?

WALKERA 4#3B V2 Brushles? I like the size of this heli. I like that it is not co-axial. I like that it is ready to fly. Is this helicopter stable? I'm pretty patient, so I can learn. I actually just want to find out peoples opinion on the heli.

Thanks, John
jbb6789 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Steve Joblin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think you will find anyone here on these forums that would give it a "nay"... Everone here is pretty pumped about the fun they are having with the 4#3B.

Don't get confused about the entire "brushless" thing. The standard 4#3B will fly pretty much the same with it's brushed motors as the brushless motors (some say there are small differences in power, but that is pretty much it). The main advantage in Brushless is that the motors don't wear out and you will enjoy more consistent performance. Either way, the heli is quite squirley and requires lots of focus and attention while flying, (partly because it is not a co-axial, partly because it is so small). If you are looking for a heli that flys more like a real heli, and that you can actually fly indoors, then the 4#3b (or the 4G3 with it's collective pitch design that enables you do do real 3D) is an amazing piece of engineering that will provide you many, many, many hours/weeks/months/years/decades of enjoyment!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
SARdoc
Registered Users

I will say this much. I went from the MCX which was my first Heli to this one. This one out of the box is very twichy and will take a lot of crashing and in my heli a lot of spare parts to get really good at just hovering. Once you get everything trimmed out and what not then it is a pretty fun little heli. The only down fall for me is the fact that there isn't any LHS that stock parts. I have to order online. I know it makes sense to order spares for crashes because you can be up right away but that is a hard concept to explain to my wife.

All in all. If you have the patients to learn to fly it, the patients to wait for parts. Then definitly get it. I would go brushless because that is one less motor you are going to have to by.
SARdoc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
robtangie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARdoc View Post
I will say this much. I went from the MCX which was my first Heli to this one. This one out of the box is very twichy and will take a lot of crashing and in my heli a lot of spare parts to get really good at just hovering. Once you get everything trimmed out and what not then it is a pretty fun little heli. The only down fall for me is the fact that there isn't any LHS that stock parts. I have to order online. I know it makes sense to order spares for crashes because you can be up right away but that is a hard concept to explain to my wife.

All in all. If you have the patients to learn to fly it, the patients to wait for parts. Then definitly get it. I would go brushless because that is one less motor you are going to have to by.
Yes brushless is the way to go. Also,,, you just have to explain it to your wife the right way... I had mine order parts for me online the other day,,, I just didn't tell her that all the parts together make a new brushless 4#3B. It's all in how you word it.
robtangie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
bossee
Registered Users

Hi,

I have a 4#3B and it is rather stable.

I have this:

Walkera 4#3B (brushless main motor, metal rotor head) with 2.4 GHz WK-2401 transmitter+2406A receiver+WK-03-2 servo+WK-WST-10A-L ESC. http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6648

I also have this:
Walkera 4G3 (V2 brushless main motor, metal rotor head) with 2.4 GHz WK-2801 transmitter+2605A reveiver+WK-02-1 servo+WK-WST-10A-L ESC. http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6652

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support