Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 03-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
v4impactor
Registered Users

Default Walkera HM Lama 2......anyone flying one?

Is anyone flying the HM Lama 2? I need a replacement for my Esky Lama 4 that burned up and orginally I was thinking the Walkera 5-10, but then I saw the Lama 2 and this thing looks cool. I just can't seem to find a review of one on the net anywhere. If anyone has any experience with one, I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.
v4impactor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
Dusty1000
Registered Users

Hi, no but I have a 5#6 and a 5G6, as well as an Esky Lama V3, the smaller size is certainly better for indoors ...but... have you thought about moving up to single rotor helis e.g. a 4#3B or an Esky Honey Bee FP? Both are highly rated 'first single rotor' helis, there will be a bit of a learning curve, but practice is all it takes, and after you get the hang of flying single rotor helis you'll probably never fly a coax again, single rotor helis are so much more fun - I haven't flown any of my coax helis for several months though I fly at least one heli almost every day.

- just a thought

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
Rick Hauler
Registered Users

IMO, best little coaxial around. I have 2! I love them...they are extremely durable with the metal head. I've yet to wreck it bad enough where she won't keep going. Very stable too...the 5-10 is a sweet heli also...just a bit bigger. Can't go wrong either way, but I'd recommend the LAMA2.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
JoelD
Registered Users

I have had my Lama2 for a few months now and like it very much. I Have put 5 sets of motors in it and replaced the canopy and 1 blade. We put the lama2 through a tough pace over here. It is me and my 23 year old son so it gets flown a lot. It is tough, we crashed it a lot in the beginning and not so much now, it is very easy to hover inside but it takes a wind whipping if I go outside with it so most flights are inside.All in all its a lot of fun. Good luck with what ever you get.
JoelD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
v4impactor
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I think i'm going to go with a package deal that ehirobo.com has that includes the Lama 2 with the 2.4 ghz controller, plus the 4#3B. That way I can play around with the coxial when I get frustrated with the fixed pitch.
v4impactor is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support