START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects

Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #41
dswitkin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On the 50 size it looks like the boom needs to be removed, the mechanics inserted, and then the boom fed in from the back. At least that's what I'm doing on mine, and makes me wish I was using a torque tube instead of a belt. I would assume the 30 size is the same if it has a removable top too rather than a removable front.
dswitkin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #42
fofoggy
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi there,

Yes I converted mine to torque tube because it was easier to fit, as you do have to insert the boom from the back. It was quite easy to do this way, although it took some time to tighten the bolts holding the boom in, as there is a limited amount of room to swing the allen key in.

Cheers

Paul
fofoggy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #43
npomeroy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofoggy View Post
Hi there,

Yes I converted mine to torque tube because it was easier to fit, as you do have to insert the boom from the back. It was quite easy to do this way, although it took some time to tighten the bolts holding the boom in, as there is a limited amount of room to swing the allen key in.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks for that Paul. I'm looking at the 550/.30 size and the TRex 550 is quite bulky. I'd like to stretch a 500 but it doesn't look like there is a simple mod for that. In a previous scale project I drilled holes in the side of the fuselage to access the boom block screw head (just for belt adjustment in that case).

I'd appreciate any info' concerning installing a TRex 550 in the Century 550 Bell 222.
Nelson JR DSX9 II; DX6i (relegated to the Phoenix sim), Atom 500 in AS350 body (retired), TRex 450 S in MD500E. Trex 450 S for sport practice. TRex550 in Funkey/Century Jet Ranger. SK720 all round. SR120 (abandoned). MCP-X.
npomeroy is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects