Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Old 12-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #261
micen2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Boy... After reading my post last night I guess I got a little too serious and must have been in a bad mood! Man I dont think I have ever gone off that bad before........ Must have been the copuple glasses of wine I had :alcohol

But in the end the point is the same..... Dont watch some pro smack around a POS that has hundreds of bucks in it, and expect yours to do the same.

Anyway sorry to be so dang HARSH last night... I scared mysefl reading it just now

Bob
of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.....

I feel your pain...lol (but really not funny....I'd have felt better ..to have been mugged of all the money I spent on this...no flying time hardly and certainly no enjoyment..in the perpetual shop...and now a shiny ornament to the corner of my workroom floor..no it doesnt even deserve a shelf)

...it really is a bad heli...even worse than the blade or honeybee cp2. it's sticky sloppy glorious looking head , and the tail parts that evaporate upon throttling up (god forbid you're outa ballance by 1 paramecium- that little tail horn will explode and the shaft will pretzel instantly...my bad ...that's "version 1"...and you should have known enough to obtain the..."upgrade for the upgrade" tail shaft...duh), and the pieces like that badly fitting motor mount (with the reccomended motor no less), and under powered beltdrive (oh ..my bad .."version 1"..) oh and screws/hardware that make butter look like granite.

alright I'm being harsh on it...

compliment uhh....compliment compliment :?: hmmm...

ahh..got it...!!!

It sure looks pretty from 10 feet away..to the person who hasnt piloted it.

*Micen speaks on world peace in the pageant*

....My hope for all of humanity is that ppl will band together and unite across the nations..from here to hongkong with a strong defaming tendency towards products like the hdx300..and posibly it's sellers...for telling you that you'll need to dremel this..drill that...buy the upgrade "" for the upgrade...and that the fact is pilot error and not piece of s#*tedness ...oh hd...sigh..why why why..xm...cnc heli why why why...what utter garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I can save one hapless novice from buying this thing with all the "eloquence" that is in me(minis da spellun) (Oh I feel the holy ghost now!!!)

ohhh ehhem...uhh..yea...and that's how I intend to bring world peace.

*micen courtseys* Thankyou.

if I save one soul from hd hell...I've done my work...amen.
[___////__I ============{+}
-_I___I_
micen2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #262
Casey A. Sigmon
Registered Users

Ok guys. we've established that the hdx sucks. Lesson learned. Poor novice pilots,
Including myself. I never intended or expected the hdx to do insane 3d, or anything like it. I bought it b/c i had a blade cp that my loving wife bought me b/c we had just got into flying helis, of course no one who has ever flown one before is going to go out and spend thousands one a bird that will defently meat its demise at the ground, 200.00 bucks for a blade cp to LEARN on. Reasonalbe! Do it! It's a good trainer! Sure it won't do much, but it does give you a feel for how the heli's fly.
I learned to fly the blade in my basement, had lot's of fun with it for a year, but the tail had little athority, so when the belt conversion was just being talked about i placed my order, 55.00 bucks to have a stronger tail? Sure! Little did I know what I was getting into. Ok, So i made a mistake, so we all did, who cares? Live and Learn, After all I DO have a blade cp pro that fly's ok, and hey so only a good pilot can make them 3d and look Make the like the hdx is a 3d monster, and its not, o well, I have had several inverted flights with my BLADE CP of all choppers! I still think it is fun.
I made a mistake with the hdx, but I got it flying pretty good, My blade fly's good...for what they are, and yeah I did take Finless's advice and bought A X-Cell 60.It is a 3d monster! And you wouldn't belive me when i say it, but I spent less than what I did on my hdx 300. So in conclusion, the blade and hdx are nothing but toys.If you want a cheap chopper to PLAY with, spend 200.00 on a cp pro, if you want a 3d machine, spend some real dough. You always get what you pay for.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:19 AM   #263
dutch_anykey
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Or buy a 300 size "plastic" version like i did. At least this one is flying o.k.
It needed tweaking too, but for $79 you don't hear me complain ;-)
http://www.aero-fever.com/product_in...roducts_id=375
It's also belt driven. And much lighter then the "fat" HDX300, witch in my opinion is one of the major problems of that heli as well.
Or spent another $100 on your hdx300 on the new head they sell at HD right now :mrgreen:

And to be honest i'm curious about this head. Anyone tried this one already?
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2352

cheers Maurice
dutch_anykey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #264
bluesteel
Registered Users

ok love this tread ok i am a newbie not yet in forward flight yet i have a blade cp.
yeas i know it fly like a pos! hard to hover not for a beginner i heard that already.
i was told to get something like a housefly to start off with that it would be easy that way and then move on up to the next level.
but i didn't want the easy way i fig no pain no gain and what the point of getting something like the house fly and flying it the the first day mastering a dual blade in the first week i didnt think it would help me that much. to go towards a cp type of heli. and i love building things.

few crashes later on my BCP i learn alot on rebuilding LOL

still have trouble with hovering with blade i can hover for a little bit then i get that floating drift. what can i do to improve the hold of the hover? with out sinking a boat load of money into it. and i am looking into another heli i would to build i am sick an tired of using radios that come with the rtf! i got like 3 radios here now from other stuff. i need a small size type heli i live in nyc don't have big areas i fly mostly in an outdoor basketball court size area
any thought on some thing i can build or is build and and i need a recommend on a decent radio that i can also use on my slow stick planes and helis that is not too expensive that i can find maybe on ebay.

Thanks

Tommy
bluesteel is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #265
Finless
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
And to be honest i'm curious about this head. Anyone tried this one already?
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=2352

Hmmm Trex style head mixing.... this actually might be a good head for the CP now.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #266
diamondback_hydros
Registered Users

Well.... I wish I would have read this thread before I bought the HDX 300. I ordered one Tuesday. Man, talk about a real let down. I have been so pumped about it and then I decided to read this thread. But I feel a little better knowing it is the V2 so maybe they fixed the problems. I hope so. We'll see.
You guys that already built one, do you think it needs more power. If so, I may buy a good motor. But I will fly it first to see if I want to spend more money on it.

thanks
Billy
diamondback_hydros is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #267
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The power with the HDX motor is fine. No worries there.

I hope the V2 fixed the tail "auto destruct mode" and the head no longer has phasing issues. If that stuff is fixed in V2 it might be a nice little heli.

Bob

Old 12-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #268
diamondback_hydros
Registered Users

Thanks Bob.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #269
diamondback_hydros
Registered Users

I will be using the stock motor for now and maybe a different one later. I bought an Otter 25A ESC. Is this a bad choice? If so, what would be a good choice for a ESC and stock motor?

Thanks
Billy
Old 12-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #270
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The otter will do fine. The only thing the otter doesnt like is COGGY low pole motors. Should be fine on the hdx motor.

Bob

Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #271
diamondback_hydros
Registered Users

Bob, Should the main gear slip or not slip when turned clockwise?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #272
Pinecone
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondback_hydros
Well.... I wish I would have read this thread before I bought the HDX 300. I ordered one Tuesday. Man, talk about a real let down. I have been so pumped about it and then I decided to read this thread. But I feel a little better knowing it is the V2 so maybe they fixed the problems. I hope so. We'll see.
You guys that already built one, do you think it needs more power. If so, I may buy a good motor. But I will fly it first to see if I want to spend more money on it.

thanks
Billy
Well the good news is, you can tell all the rest of us if they have atually tixed things.

I do seriously hope they have and you have good luck with yours.

Let us know.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #273
peter_larsen
Registered Users

It's very saddening to read all the negative posts about the HDX300.. I did what many of you did, I bought this piece of crap hoping it would be a nice little heli.. I watched the vids on HD and I was hooked, it looked so stable and smooth, not to mention the bling factor.. Little did I know what it had in store for me.. So far I've spent more $ on this POS than on my T-Rex 450XL and I have yet to fly the bastard.. I've gone through two tail rotor systems (the larger one supplied with the upgrade kit and the new smaller HDX300 tail system) and I don't know how many tail shafts at this point.. What really bothers me is that HD is now selling the parts that should've come with the heli in the first place as "upgrades" or V2 parts.. If I were selling a product with so many flaws in it I would be very interested in correcting these not to get battered in forums like this.. You shouldn't need to break out your Dremel to fix your motor mount, get your own washers to avoid rubbing and crank up the ol' torch to manufacture and harden your own tail shafts with a kit that costs $300

In summary I can say that it's a sloppy poorly designed heap of blinged out junk with some parts made out of far to soft materials that will bend like overcooked spaghetti.. I'm starting to think that Uri Geller might've been involved in the design

Sorry bout the complaining but I just had to vent a bit.. It's so frustrating sitting here with a machine for that much money and nothing I've done or bought has gotten it off the ground yet.
peter_larsen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #274
Pinecone
Registered Users

In a world of good customer service, they would at LEAST offer the upgraded parts at cost, or even slightly below. In a perfect world the upgrades would be free, but for a smaller comapny, that is not always possible. If it was supplier problems, the supplier should be cutting them a break on replacement upgraded parts.

And yes, they should not have released it with all the problems.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 12-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #275
dutch_anykey
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Guys,

Why dont you ask about it at HD. The parts they sell may not all be that gr8 regarding the hdx300 and hdx450. But personally i must say that the customer support has been good for me so far.
(Sometimes the email is not being answered withing the first day or first mail, but they allways respond)
So did anyone exually tried this already?

Like a dutch old saying:....
If you never shoot, you allways miss.

(it exuaaly sounds better in dutch haha)

cheers,
Maurice
dutch_anykey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #276
diamondback_hydros
Registered Users

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 AM   #277
Pinecone
Registered Users

Cool. Glad to hear it. Keep the reports coming.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 12-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #278
wkma7six
Registered Users

Default Got the HDX flying last nihgt!

So I got this thing flying last night after making some minor modifications and fabricating some things after reading about it here. I had no tail vibrations or any unpredictable flight characteristics from the main head. I did make that swash follower thing that was posted on HeliFreak a few months ago.
On my test flight, the only thing that needed adjustment was on the JR 410GT because of slight wag, but that was it. No trimming of cyclic! Talk about setup luck.
On the rotor head, the original mainshaft was used because the diameter is actually slightly larger and fit into the head with less play and therefore less wobble. I did have to grind some flats to keep the setscrews planted properly. I'm going to try the tail mod next with flipping the pitch slider to see if I can get some more tail authority doing pirouettes.

The HD 3800kv motor seems to not have enough power for this "heavier" heli. I'm using the 9 tooth pinion and think it will need a 10 because the headspeed seems so low.

Thanks to all of you that posted in this thread. I learned quite a bit before taking to the air with this thing.

My setup is:
Align 35G ESC
TP 1320 Lipo
HDX 3800Kv Motor
Futaba cyclic servos
Hitec HS 50 tail servo
JR 410GT gyro
Berg 7P receiver

Here are some pics of the heli after I flew it last night.

wkma7six is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #279
micen2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch_anykey
Hi Guys,

Why dont you ask about it at HD. The parts they sell may not all be that gr8 regarding the hdx300 and hdx450. But personally i must say that the customer support has been good for me so far.
(Sometimes the email is not being answered withing the first day or first mail, but they allways respond)
So did anyone exually tried this already?

Like a dutch old saying:....
If you never shoot, you allways miss.

(it exuaaly sounds better in dutch haha)

cheers,
Maurice
I did enquire at hd...even by phone...I was told ....all you need to do is dremel this... tap that...drill this... ream that. etc etc.

oh is that all? thanks hd. glad to have been your experiment for a season. Not.
-_I___I_
Old 12-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #280
micen2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondback_hydros

thanks
Billy
Well the good news is, you can tell all the rest of us if they have atually tixed things.

Let us know.
yea....so if you're into buying new things and "fixing them" billy then you're gonna be jest fine
-_I___I_

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum