Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
CamSS
Registered Users

Question 450L Doninator 6S Help

Hello,

I'm new to the Heli Freak and to helicopters. I've been flying RC planes for a long time.

I have a Trex 450L Dominator 6S and a Futaba T7C radio.The question I have is if the heli frame is not square, can this cause the swashplate to not level during swashplate 3GX set up? I can't level the swashplate using the leveling tool.The 3 connecting rods are set at 10.5mm between the ball links.The three servos are set at 90 degrees using a little sub-trim. From 0 to 50 and 100 pitch the swashplate does not touch the level tool evenly. I can get the swashplate level at either 0,50, or 100 pitch but not all.

I've searched for a how to video but haven't been able to find one. I also noticed that the swashplate movement changes from 3GX set up mode and flight.

Gary
CamSS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
1Para
Registered Users

This guy explains the whole setup procedure very, very well. Helped me setup my 3GX.
1Para is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
vtown nick
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSS View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the Heli Freak and to helicopters. I've been flying RC planes for a long time.

I have a Trex 450L Dominator 6S and a Futaba T7C radio.The question I have is if the heli frame is not square, can this cause the swashplate to not level during swashplate 3GX set up? I can't level the swashplate using the leveling tool.The 3 connecting rods are set at 10.5mm between the ball links.The three servos are set at 90 degrees using a little sub-trim. From 0 to 50 and 100 pitch the swashplate does not touch the level tool evenly. I can get the swashplate level at either 0,50, or 100 pitch but not all.

I've searched for a how to video but haven't been able to find one. I also noticed that the swashplate movement changes from 3GX set up mode and flight.

Gary
Set swash to level mid stick only. Don't sorry about full pos and full neg the FBL will correct for that. Use sub trim to get it perfect mid stick in the DIR menu then make sure you reteach the 3gx your mixing after you set collective throw and cyclic pitch or you will run into issues. You can not make small changes without doing it in DIR first menu then relearning mixing.

After that continue your setup for direction correction and tail setup.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
CamSS
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info!
Only do the mechanical level at mid point, no wounder I was pulling my hair out.
CamSS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
vtown nick
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSS View Post
Thanks for the info!
Only do the mechanical level at mid point, no wounder I was pulling my hair out.
Yep yep! When it comes to a 3GX just keep it simple and follow the basic on screen setup instructions provided with the software and it will work pretty well. For a 3GX that is

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.