Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
bsjohn84
Registered Users

Default Binding problem with DX8

Has anybody experienced problems with binding the DX8? I have been using this particular tx for a couple years with no problems. I have not flown in a couple months and when I went to use it, it was no longer bound to either my Blade 300x or my T-Rex 450. I managed to get it to bind once to my 300x then it dropped it. I got it to bind to my 450 once and then it dropped that. I have made sure both the aircraft and the tx batteries are fully charged. I have tried distances ranging from the antennas touch up to 15 feet away. I have also followed the instructions on how to bind exactly. I have managed to get it to bind twice to the 450 then after powering it off and back up it immediately dropped the link. I also tried unplugging the wireless router as well as binding outside away from all metal. I'm at a loss here. Outside of a bad tx I'm not sure what to think. I have never experienced these kinds of problems.
bsjohn84 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
Highspeed1964
Registered Users

It could be as simple as the antenna being loose/broken. Weird thing is that you say this happened after sitting for a few months. If nothing else, give Horizon Hobby a call. They'll help you get it figured out. Unfortunately, you may have to send it in for repair.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
bsjohn84
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured it out after doing some more digging around. Somehow my frame rate got changed to 22ms. It needed to be set to 11ms. Not sure how that happened, but it works like a champ now.
bsjohn84 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Highspeed1964
Registered Users

Awesome! Glad you get it fixed. Nice find on that one.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
ToddMcF2002
Registered Users

My DX9 gets a little psychotic sometimes and I have to mess with the frame rate. Never on initial binds mind you, just when I have to rebind for some reason. The last time it happened was when I inadvertently deleted the model it was bound to. I created a new one and it refused to bind until I tinkered with the frame rate. Weird.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.