Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
savannahmick
Registered Users

Default I have 2 DFC swashplates one stripped upper other one stripped lower !

Is there a trick to separating the upper and lower swash pieces? I have a all metal DFC swash with stripped upper hole and a DFC plastic lower half swash with a hole on the lower part stripped. I want to use both to make one good one but haven't been able to separate halves. Is there a trick or method that works to separate a Align swash? OR a way to use it with a stripped upper hole? Thanks again for all the help and advice!
savannahmick is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Larryu
Registered Users

First throw the plastic lower swash in the trash they are junk. I have tried to separate the upper and lower align swashes without success I think you need a special tool that you can't buy. With that said you may try red loctite on the striped hole in the metal swash but at your own risk at best it will be on borrowed time it will fail sooner or later. What I am currently using is a Tarot swash that was less than half the price of a align swash and has out lasted every one I've had. There is a difference in the way I have treated them. I loctited the balls on the Tarot when new and have not removed them, if you don't remove them you can't strip them. I think they are both made out of soft metal and will strip if you screw the balls in and out so leave them in. I know this can be difficult with the DFC links but you can remove them with out unscrewing the balls. The way I do it is by putting the forks of the ball link pliers behind and prying it off or just unscrewing them from the blade grips and not removing them from the swash. Hope this helps
Larry
Larryu is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
RaysHeli
Registered Users

Default Tarot DFC Swashplate on Trex 450 plus DFC

is the Tarot DFC Swashplate such as -

a direct replacement on the 450 plus DFC?
RaysHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
Larryu
Registered Users

Yes, I removed the two extra balls that are at a 45 degree angle, loctited the other 5 put it on and went through the set up. I go through the set up any time I change anything on the head, I may not change anything but it good insurance that nothing has changed.
Larryu is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
savannahmick
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryu View Post
Yes, I removed the two extra balls that are at a 45 degree angle, loctited the other 5 put it on and went through the set up. I go through the set up any time I change anything on the head, I may not change anything but it good insurance that nothing has changed.
Hey thanks for the info and I was going to get a Tarot DFC complete head and swash setup in the future but I am going thru a little financial issue! I did get the swash hole temporarily fixed by putting a little solder in the hole. But I have a low rpm wobble in the head or shaft somewhere and I checked the shafts then balanced also set tracking on blades but still wobbles on spool up. I rebuilt the damper and thrust bearings and it didn't help so I am grounded until I can replace the whole head unit and get a new servo cause one of the ds416m is acting strange. I might just get a new bird cause I am so tired of replacing and rebuilding stuff! I am no pro but I have never had this many problems with my 130x or mcpx bl! Will the Tarot split head DFC entire setup work on the Align DFC?
savannahmick is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.