Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
McReiver
Registered Users

Default Transmitter Collective and Elevator Controls Swapped

I'm having an issue with my 450x that I could use some help with. Recently, after my esc burnt out mid-flight resulting in a broken frame, I swapped the electronics into an older 450 3D I had laying around.

After resetting up my DX6i and AR7200bx I noticed the collective and elevator are reversed. When I give the DX6i positive collective the swashplate tilts forward. When moving the collective stick to negative, the swashplate tilts backwards. However, when I give the transmitter up elevator the swashplate and servos move in single direction up and down much like a mode 1 transmitter. On the other hand, the rudder works correctly and aileron left and right move the swashplate in the correct manner.

I have tried resetting the transmitter, AR7200, and switching the servo leads around every which way. The transmitter also works correctly with the other helis I have bound to it. I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face. Thoughts?
McReiver is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Mercuriell
HF Support

My HF Map location

You need to go through Bx setup, not switch servo leads around essentially the servo reverse switches need to be correct to be recognised by Bx then Bx servo direction needs to be set per helicopter depending on its swash type. For a different model it is highly recommended to go through the entire setup so servo travel amongst other things is correct. Check out the Bx setup vids in the BeastX forum http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268460

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.