START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
HP2AT
Registered Users

Default Devo 7e on Phoenix Pitch channel problem

I am able to use Phoenix OK in Normal mode. But in stunt mode the throttle curves settings works OK but the Pitch curves don't. Only positive pitch in upper and lower halves.

On this Devo 7e on calibration I can map:

Channel 1: Cyclic Pitch
Channel 2: Cyclic Roll
Channel 3: Throttle and Collective Pitch
Channel 6: Tail Rotor

Throttle and Collective Pitch both show up at channel 3 and move at the same time.

Don't know what I did wrong or setup wrong on the devo 7e but can't fine a separate channel active for the Collective pitch.

Anyone knows which channel is assigned for collective pitch on a devo 7e or devo transmitter?
HP2AT is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
JWeber
Registered Users

I had problems with my 7E at first. When you calibrate it, you need to make sure you have two things set.

1 - make sure you calibrate in a flight mode that has a linear 0-100 curve for both pitch and throttle.
2 - make sure that when you start the calibration procedure that your throttle stick is a mid position.

After calibration, feel free to change your curves any way you want. This worked for me. You can use throttle hold to ensure which channel is throttle vs pitch. Also, throttle is channel 3 and pitch is 6 in my settings.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
HP2AT
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your advice. Maybe something wrong with my Devo 7e training port output or my USB interface. I move the stick and Channel 6 is the Rudder instead of the Pitch and no output in Channel 4. Thanks.
HP2AT is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
mwmeyer
Registered Users

The thing that's missing here is that there are two ways to set up pitch control in Phoenix. You don't seem to have either of them set up.

1) Set up your Tx for a CP heli, with collective pitch on a separate channel from throttle. You're not doing that, since you have the collective and throttle on channel 3. I've never done this, so it may be that the Phoenix automatic setup won't detect this, and you'll have to correct it manually.

2) Set up your Tx for a four-channel heli, and let Phoenix handle stunt mode. For this to work, you need some way to tell Phoenix to switch to stunt mode - normally by setting a channel to go from 0 to 1 with the flight mode switch. You haven't done that, so for this to have a chance to work at all, you have to be using the keyboard to enable stunt mode. In this mode, you cannot tune the stunt mode curves! It works, and is ok for learning to fly inverted or to get a rough feel for stunts, but it's not a very accurate sim.

Finally, if you try doing both, you'll confuse things horribly. For instance, if Phoenix thinks that it is handling stunt mode it will use the throttle channel for both pitch and throttle input, with different curves. If you have set up the Tx with typical stunt curves as well, then when the Tx is in stunt mode, Phoenix will never see the throttle in the lower half of the range, since your Tx will be outputting upper half values no matter where it is. Does that sound familiar?

The issue with the rudder showing up on channel six could be a Phoenix config issue. Because it's got to work with so many different Tx models, it has to let you map any channel to any control. You can check that as well.

You might also give HH a call. I've gotten help getting Phoenix configured for a new Tx more than once from them.
mwmeyer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim