Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
cbrkhan
Registered Users

Default Trex 600 DFC Pro Any frame difference to accommodate 750mx in the newer combos?

I have a 600 DFC Pro with 600mx motor (early 2013 model ). From what I understood, if I wanted to put in a bigger motor i.e. 700 or 750 mx, I will have to shim my servos to provide clearance for the bigger motor.

The new DFC pro combo comes with 750mx. Is the new combo shimmed to begin with or does it have different frames to accommodate the larger motor?

I am not a big fan of shimming. Are there any other motor choices for the older version that are direct fit besides KDE?
cbrkhan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
vburge
Registered Users

The motor and pinion gear mounts have been changed to make the motor sit further away from the servos. It also requires the larger 118T gear in order for the gear to reach the pinion. It is the same frame and the motor sits really close to the sides, but it has not touched on mine. I do have all of the frame stiffeners, including a 3rd main shaft bearing mod. This performance booster kid has the stiffeners, mounts, larger gear, and pinion to change the ratio:

http://www.amain.com/Align-600E-Pro-...r-Pack/p266631

Victor
vburge is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
ticedoff8
Registered Users

The upgrade has the same gear ratio but uses a larger diameter main gear to move the motor away from the servos.
You either need the upgrade motor mount or get the adjustable motor mount from KDE Direct or Lynx.
The BL750MX is larger diameter than BL600MX. But fits between the frames ok with no mods.
I did this upgrade a couple months ago.
I also added the mod 0.6 autorotation gear set to spin the tail faster.

Last edited by ticedoff8; 09-18-2014 at 10:16 AM..
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:23 AM   #4
Grumpy_Old_Man
Registered Users

The best way to do the mod is to buy the 'Performance Booster' package (part #H60G004XXT). This comes with new motor mount, new main and pinion gears, frame stiffeners and new beefed up feathering shaft and thrust bearings. These kit parts are all fitted as standard to the 750MX versions of the 600 Pro.
Compass 7HV Ultimate - SZ4926, RJX HV servos, YGE160HV
Grumpy_Old_Man is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.