Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #281
Newfie Pilot
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Pretty cool. I've been flying my FPV quad around all summer and have gotten to the point where I feel pretty comfortable in the goggles. I'm also a fairly experienced CP heli pilot so I've often thought it would be a more efficient FPV platform if you gear it down for lower headspeed. I'm curious how the helicopter is set up. Did you drop the headspeed down lower than you would for sport/3D flight? Which FBL system are you running and are you flying with self-leveling enabled?
PM sent.
TRex 550 v1 FBL SK720, TRex 500 DFC Head
Newfie Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #282
Ynot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatimoto View Post
Nice flying ducati I just got my mini going still needs tuning but it's great fun
Ynot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 AM   #283
JAB1a
Registered Users

Smile FPV Sheep Herding Mini Quadcopter

Hi All,

The challenge is to get the flock of sheep grouped together and then move them all to the bottom of the field so that they can be sheered.

Normally the farmer would have to walk up the field with his dog and use whistles or commands at the dog to round the sheep up and move them to the bottom of the field.

The total flight was just under 5 minutes, I decided to use a 1400mAh Nanotech 3s lipo to give me plenty of time out in the field. Near the start of the flight you can see a group of white and black sheep huddled against the hedge that wanted to stay there, these are a different bread to the other white sheep which is why they reacted differently.

The farmer commented that the flock seemed a lot less jumpy and less stressed after being herded by the mini quadcopter rather than how they would be after being herded with the dogs, he thinks it might be because they could all see and hear the location of the mini quad whereas the dogs are silent and the sheep are only reacting to the movements of scared sheep close to them which can cause fear which leads to stress. I showed this video to an RSPCA officer and they thought the same as the farmer.

Full permission was given by the land and animal owner. The quads Flight Controller and RC Rx fail safes are set to 0% throttle. Thank you to my spotter for the Day Chris.

Best viewed full screen 1080p
FPV Sheep Herding with a Mini Quadcopter - YouTube
"> FPV Sheep Herding with a Mini Quadcopter - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
JAB1a is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #284
Ryhza
Registered Users

Ryhza is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #285
Ynot
Registered Users

Some awesome flying there Ryhza
Ynot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #286
LorisM
Registered Users

Wings over Senigallia:
Enjoy!
LorisM is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #287
DemonSpawn78
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My latest fpv video

Cane Beds FPV:
Old 12-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #288
escsniper
Registered Users

One more for your viewing pleasure!

escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #289
JAB1a
Registered Users

Hi All,
We got permission to fly around a local active gravel quarry, no workers were on site during the weekend so we had the opportunity to check it out and have a fly around the all the equipment.

This video was filmed back in September while the weather had a break from the rain and wind. The site is used to create fine gravel and aggregate for local businesses and has been active many decades.

The location would be so good to have Mini FPV Quad races around all the equipment, there is even a track behind this location that would be an excellent advanced course for the later races with a 50meter high incline on the straight.

Best viewed full screen @1080p
FPV Spanky Active Gravel Quarry - YouTube
"> FPV Spanky Active Gravel Quarry - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
JAB1a is offline        Reply With Quote

Tags
fpv, heli, video, videos

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft