Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #41
Cletus
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Lou! ....Exhaust already taken care of and looks as good as new. Head rebuilt already. Needed parts for the rest of the repair will be in Trinidad on tomorrow.

Cletus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #42
Cletus
Registered Users

Parts to repair the bird came in today. Got it all torn apart and still can't find anything unusual apart from the main-shaft bearings being notchy. The top one is quite notchy and the lower is EXTREMELY notchy.
Replacing the top with a double-bearing instead of the single+thrust which I had before.
Bought two Sigg 20-oz tanks today, but they're a little shorter than the non-Sigg type originally supplied with the kit. So looks like a little less flying time if I stay with these. If I can locate the longer ones, I'll gladly buy and use those instead.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #43
Cletus
Registered Users

Well, she's all rebuilt!
Just awaiting a pair of 28oz Sigg knock-off bottles I found on amazon.com ....I think the 20oz I initially bought are too small for use on the MW-54.
Can't locate any MAH 810mm blades so I'll go with NHP 800mm until the MAH are back in stock. Minor fiberglass work to be done to the canopy during the week.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #44
cbdane
Registered Users

I've purchased from RCMarket in the past with good success.

http://www.rcmarket.org/mah-g2-810mm...-pr-14490.html
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #45
Cletus
Registered Users

Thanks for that lead Brent, I just placed the order.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #46
Cletus
Registered Users

A little over the top maybe, but here's my Satellite Receiver mount. Just a little something to make while I await my blades and tanks. Oh, the white wire tie will be replaced by a Velcro band.
She's basically all done, just to fiberglass the joint in the canopy and will do that tonight. The tanks will be here tomorrow and the blades shipped from Belgium yesterday.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #47
Cletus
Registered Users

Looks like I won't be flying any helis this weekend:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/flash-vis.html

Old 10-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #48
cbdane
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Looks like I won't be flying any helis this weekend:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/flash-vis.html
Batten the hatches and stay safe Cletus!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #49
reaaz
Registered Users

wow, Cletus.... lots of weather! Good time to get into Boats if your in POS!
reaaz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #50
bassmahn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Turbine spins-up just fine and all servos are fine
Hi Cletus, don't forget to open the servos and inspect the gears.
bassmahn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #51
Cletus
Registered Users

Thanks, the servos are fine!
The two 28oz Sigg (clone) tanks arrived today. Just finished JB welding the fittings in place so it looks like I will get to light-up the turbine this weekend for the first time since the incident.
The MAH 810mm blades are still on their way from RC Market in Belgium, so I've got on a set of NHP 800 for the time being. KBDD orange blades on the tail but will most likely go back to the V-Blades once all is well.
Will get around to the fiberglass canopy repairs next week (hate fiberglass work and painting). Using the non-cheeked canopy that originally came with my gasser in the interim.
She lookin' good!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #52
Cletus
Registered Users

Ahhhh! ....that SWEET smell of burning kero was enjoyed this morning
Spooled her up on the driveway, for the first time since the incident and she lit right up!
Brought her up to flight idle and then up to RPM at zero-pitch and all seems well.
Will go through everything once again this weekend and maybe attempt some flight next weekend. Seems like there's a change in endpoints at the tail (it's binding at the endpoints) so I'll need to look into that Skookum.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #53
fr8brkr
Registered Users

Great news Cletus - Enjoy the ride again !
Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #54
Cletus
Registered Users

My baby is back in the air and this time with the Vbar installed. Deepak has helped me with the finer points of tweaking it. The weather was not cooperating yesterday with intermittent showers and a very soggy field. So I only got to do some hovering and adjustments. Nevertheless, no bad habits displayed and hopefully next weekend we'll see some decent forward flight.
Friend of mine just got himself a K80E Turbine which is going into a fixed wing jet. I have the pleasure of helping him bench spool-up tomorrow to check it out. It uses a similar FADEC to the Wren ....second turbine on the island, should be fun!
http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...a=k80e+turbine

Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #55
Cletus
Registered Users

Interesting Afternoon ....four of us took the afternoon off from work, met over at my house and fired-up my buddy's K80E Turbine on the bench for the first time ....Way COOL!
Wow those things are significantly louder than a Heli Turbine. We took it up to 140,000 and the jet-blast was just terrific. I think he's going to have some fun with that jet he's building ....Don't panic, I'm sticking with Helicopters
Afterward we retreated to the corner oasis and had a beverage or two.
Here's some video:

Last edited by Cletus; 11-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Video file added

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum