Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #221
gstoneberg
Registered Users

Ah, I hope it's a good one. I bought a used one that's been real trouble. You will love the power. I toned mine down quite a bit, ran 70% in normal and 80% in IU. If I remember right, the stock D/R and expo settings were a little slow for me, and I'm not very advanced. Should be fun.

I agree, the mcpx flips in slow motion compared to the others, mostly because the tail blows out so easily so the collective has to be limited. For your first inverted work that isn't all bad. But, anything the mcpx can do, the BL can do better. The challenge with the BL(when you're first starting) is getting the collective to zero pitch in the middle of the flips/rolls. If you don't you're going to get big collective moves (sideways in the rolls and towards/away from you in the flips). You'll get used to it quickly.

George
gstoneberg is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #222
Stubbz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarter76 View Post
Ah too late... already grabbed a BL in the for sale section. That's okay I'll try running a lower head speed if it's too crazy.

Yes I had already soldered back on the battery leads, but then I cut off the connector for some other random project. I never liked the way the MCPX flips/rolls so hopefully the BL is better that way.
The BL is just as slow if not slower, i have my travels for elev and ail on the BL maxed to 125% but the mcpx i dont but i dont fly them anywhere near the same. you'll love the BL but be in a good size area to fly it it gets away very very quickly especially because they can be hard to see being small its sometimes hard to see where the disc is at for angle. it'll put the mcpx to shame tho but both are great trainers just for different purposes and uses IMO. I've lowered my throttle travel down to 65% on my BL and it made almost no difference lol, there like a bat on crack as ive read a number of people say. Will teach you a lot tho.
Stubbz is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #223
Wolfman350z
Registered Users

First attempt at piro flips in real life. Been practicing on sim for a while and finally decided to try it for real.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #224
Wolfman350z
Registered Users

Here is another video with my goblin 630.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #225
Stubbz
Registered Users

didn't make it full size on youtube but that's just about impossible to see cuz your so far away.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #226
Wolfman350z
Registered Users

I know. Not the best video. I will have to get my video camera out and record it next time instead of the cell phone. If you make it full screen you can see it a little better.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #227
ArchmageAU
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman350z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbz View Post
didn't make it full size on youtube but that's just about impossible to see cuz your so far away.
I know. Not the best video. I will have to get my video camera out and record it next time instead of the cell phone. If you make it full screen you can see it a little better.
Used a downloading service to download from youtube at 1080p. Can see it fine when you do that. By default youtube tries lower resolutions (to conserve bandwidth).
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #228
Stubbz
Registered Users

I'll have to give that a try
Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #229
gitbse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You guys know that if it doesn't enlarge in the post, you can hit the little "watch on youtube" button right?
It takes you straight to the actual post on youtube.

Good job with the G630 though. I know how stressful it can be to try new moves on a very valuable heli.

Did I see some reversals in there??
Well done sir. That's how it's done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skookum Support Rep
Mini Protos SK540,Rave ENV SK540, 4525 LE
Runways are for models and wings are for fairies.
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #230
Code3Medic
Registered Users

Been working on my weak turns the last few weeks.

Here is a video of all orientations of outward figure 8s:

Not 100% perfect, but not to shabby either, IMO.
Code3Medic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #231
gitbse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skookum Support Rep
Mini Protos SK540,Rave ENV SK540, 4525 LE
Runways are for models and wings are for fairies.
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #232
Stubbz
Registered Users

Very nice, very smooth transitions, cant wait to be able to have that kind of control and smoothness.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #233
gstoneberg
Registered Users

You and me both!

George
gstoneberg is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #234
Stubbz
Registered Users

After a sim session im lead to believe I can never fly that smooth, I literally just crashed 300k worth of helis even just trying some of that, can fly n flip inverted and fly all orientations all day long but nowhere near like that. My rudder seems so inconsistent on the sim, one sec its barely turning and banking nice turns you give it just a touch more and its spinnin a full 360, makes for doing funnels near impossible it seems. Hate watchin vids like that makes me wanna quit and just be a sport flyer lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #235
Code3Medic
Registered Users

Default Post your sim and skill videos here!

You might want to check your piro rate. Some of the sim helis are really fast. My sim and helis are configured at a semi-conservative ~540*/second and 15% expo.

I found the lower rudder rates and 30% expo helped when I was learning circuits/circles on the sim.

Don't worry. Stick time is all you need, it will come.
Code3Medic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #236
Stubbz
Registered Users

I'll have a look at mine n see. I didnt realize until last night at the end of my session i have been flying the sim at 90% sim speed for weeks so now its crazy fast again, i almost had it setup like my 500 flys, have to do some tweakin with it. Still flyin the trex700 3g in the sim tho. I can control the rudder really good in circles and 8's but its fine tuning it for funnels that i can get consistent with but deff more sim time and i'll get there.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #237
ArchmageAU
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
You might want to check your piro rate. Some of the sim helis are really fast. My sim and helis are configured at a semi-conservative ~540*/second and 15% expo.

I found the lower rudder rates and 30% expo helped when I was learning circuits/circles on the sim.

Don't worry. Stick time is all you need, it will come.
+1 on rudder expo. Gives you more feel on the rate of turn. Can help make circuits smooth without sacrificing high rates needed for things like 540 stall turns.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #238
Stubbz
Registered Users

I see what you mean cuz it would basically be like lowering your travels until you get past mid point of the rudder stick, I think that would help me drastically so i'll give it a try tonight for a session and try some different tweaks.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #239
LeftKoast
Registered Users

Default RF 6.5 upgrade to RF 7

I recently bought the RF 6.5 and am having a blast learning. I was told that I can upgrade to RF 7 for free via the web site. Im sure its right in front of me but for some reason i am lost and unable to figure it out. Can someone please provide a step by step on how to do this.

Thanks
LeftKoast is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #240
ArchmageAU
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKoast View Post
I recently bought the RF 6.5 and am having a blast learning. I was told that I can upgrade to RF 7 for free via the web site. Im sure its right in front of me but for some reason i am lost and unable to figure it out. Can someone please provide a step by step on how to do this.

Thanks
RF updates are $50. Phoenix updates from v4 to v5 are free.

btw. I have seen quite a few complaints about the Phoenix update (like models, color schemes and settings being removed), so if you have Phoenix, may be best to hold of on updating till the teething problems are settled.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A