Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
sharpeeee
Registered Users

Default 450 Dominator servos and esc

I have a Talon 35 ESC and some Hitec 65mg laying around. Do you think they will work in the 6s 450 Dominator kit with the 6s motor?

I am a sport light 3D pilot that is on a budget.
sharpeeee is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
M&P_Hooligan
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That ESC might be a little weak. I would say 45 at a minimum
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
Code3Medic
Registered Users

I have a Talon 35 in my stretched mini P with the 6s motor. Similar to the Dominator, but admittedly not quite.

I did have some sort of shutdown once while practicing autos at very low headspeed (so I could better judge the overspeed) - I had 15 second climbouts at 100% pitch and 50% throttle.

Otherwise, when I've been flying extremely hard 3D at 3400 RPM I have had no problems.
Code3Medic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Larryu
Registered Users

I have the Talon35 on my modified Trex 450 plus that has the DS430 servos and other upgrades but it still has the stock motor which Iím sure doesnít draw as many amps as the Dominator motor, but I have no problems. I do light sport flying with no 3d, so Iím not stressing the system. You do need to keep the throttle above 80% to keep the ESC from overheating so itís not good for low head speeds. Try it and take it easy at first and see how hot it gets, if it's not over heating then you are good to go.
Larry
Larryu is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
000pitch
Registered Users

What FBL controller do you plan to use? Those are analog servos. Most FBL controllers require digital servos, otherwise they will burn up in smoke.

The ESC could work fine for you though. I'd agree that ideally you want minimum of 45A to cover the peak motor draws. But 35A definitely works. People fly the 6s Dominator on the Talon 35. It covers the continuous amperage draw of 30A for the 460MX Dominator motor.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.