Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here


Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here Post Here For Items You Want To Buy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #41
Lota Fun R
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sunny & 70
Default

I've bought and sold a few things "as gift" and never a problem. I'm not saying it's a good idea, just that I have had no problems.

Adding a %3 fee onto the deal adds insult to injury.

As a seller I can tell you that the price one needs to come down to is already beyond discounted and is beyond "great deal". Yeah, you pay the fees, I've already took in the shorts enough.

I'm at the point that I won't sell anything online because of how much money you lose. 40 cents on the dollar is giving it away in my opinion. And low ballers.............jeeze people, no respect at all.

I've said, "low ballers need not apply" and still get the low ball offers. Jeeze, want me to have my girl come over and suck......................too

Those are the people that ruin it IMO.

I'll only sell by word or mouth at this point. People have a lot more respect when talking face to face and don't do that low ball crap.


Bottom feeders need not apply.


Other than that, I love helifreak!
__________________
...Fun, Learning, Friendship and mutual Respect.
Lota Fun R is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #42
nickt919
Registered Users
 
Posts: 231
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Orleans Metro, LA
Default

When you sell something figure out a head of time how much you HAVE to get for the item...the absolute lowest price you'll accept making it worth your time and effort to do it. You know going in there's PP fees, shipping fees, shipping insurance, etc., and buyers trying to get you down lower no matter how low you start. The so called ,"Low Ballers" are part of the entire sales process. I don't know why but some guys get great satisfaction in knowing they got you down off your asking price. I've been told this from a few past buyers.
After you know what you have to get to sell the item, pad that number with enough cushion to cover all costs AND significant price reductions during the listing. After you reduce the number to your lowest acceptable amount......hope your calculations were right so it sells and everyone involved comes out happy.....You, the buyer, AND PP since they do provide a service. The gift option is not a good idea to use buying and selling this heli stuff. PP can tie up the transaction or the entire account for a long time if they choose. The hard part is knowing how much to pad the item with over what you need to get and not drive off potential buyers.

Last edited by nickt919; 01-21-2012 at 03:49 PM..
nickt919 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #43
YSRRider
Registered Users
 
Posts: 110
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ingleside, IL
Default

I try to avoid Pay-Pal like the plague. Pay-Pal is now owned by ebay (FYI). My account was shut down after selling some motorcycle parts to some guy in South Africa. A radiator that I had previously sold, I re-listed because the previous buyer could not use it. I sent him money to ship it back and it did not arrive in time so I informed the buyer of the situation and he immediately flagged my account. When your account is put into dispute, PP helps themselves to another 3%. This was costing me $40 each time. I told him I needed him to close the dispute so I could refund him. He complied after a couple days of arguing. I refunded him the price of the item but was not sure what the difference would be in shipping so I told him I would refund that after the other items had shipped. This was not good enough for him so he opened another dispute! At this point, the other items had already shipped and he refused to unlock my account so I told him either he unlock it, or I will intercept the package. I did so because at this point I did not trust him and his threats. He ended up doing a credit card charge back so had I not intercepted the package, he would have got all his money back and the parts. I ended up getting my parts back and keeping whatever money was left at the time. There was no salvaging the situation at that point. To keep my PP and Ebay account I would have to pay back every dime plus be out the ebay and PP fees. I ended up sticking it to him and just fore fitting my ebay and PP account. He didnt really lose, his credit card refunded him in full and just came after me for it.

This is a bit OT for this thread, but the bottom line is, as a SELLER, you have little protection with ebay and PP. They dont care. Anyone buying from you with a credit card can do a chargeback and get all their money and keep whatever you ship to them.
YSRRider is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #44
GunnyGlow
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,960
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aurora, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRRider View Post
I try to avoid Pay-Pal like the plague. Pay-Pal is now owned by ebay (FYI). My account was shut down after selling some motorcycle parts to some guy in South Africa. A radiator that I had previously sold, I re-listed because the previous buyer could not use it. I sent him money to ship it back and it did not arrive in time so I informed the buyer of the situation and he immediately flagged my account. When your account is put into dispute, PP helps themselves to another 3%. This was costing me $40 each time. I told him I needed him to close the dispute so I could refund him. He complied after a couple days of arguing. I refunded him the price of the item but was not sure what the difference would be in shipping so I told him I would refund that after the other items had shipped. This was not good enough for him so he opened another dispute! At this point, the other items had already shipped and he refused to unlock my account so I told him either he unlock it, or I will intercept the package. I did so because at this point I did not trust him and his threats. He ended up doing a credit card charge back so had I not intercepted the package, he would have got all his money back and the parts. I ended up getting my parts back and keeping whatever money was left at the time. There was no salvaging the situation at that point. To keep my PP and Ebay account I would have to pay back every dime plus be out the ebay and PP fees. I ended up sticking it to him and just fore fitting my ebay and PP account. He didnt really lose, his credit card refunded him in full and just came after me for it.

This is a bit OT for this thread, but the bottom line is, as a SELLER, you have little protection with ebay and PP. They dont care. Anyone buying from you with a credit card can do a chargeback and get all their money and keep whatever you ship to them.
Just to clarify....

You sold a 'part' to customer A...who couldn't use it and sent it back. In the meantime, you list the same 'part' and sell it to customer B. Did you list it for sale again before you got it back from customer A?
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
YSRRider
Registered Users
 
Posts: 110
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ingleside, IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow View Post
Just to clarify....

You sold a 'part' to customer A...who couldn't use it and sent it back. In the meantime, you list the same 'part' and sell it to customer B. Did you list it for sale again before you got it back from customer A?

He purchased it for the wrong year motorcycle. Yes, I did list it again because it was being shipped back to me in a timely fashion. When the auction ended the second time, the buyer was demanding a tracking number right away. So yes, I did list it again before I had it back in my hands. The first guy to buy it drove out to pick it up along with other parts. We knew each other from an online forum. We're both honest people. I think I know where you are going with this. The second transaction would have gone fine if the guy wasnt so demanding. I had a near perfect feedback rating. He had no reason to think I would try to screw him. Obviously he was the one trying to be shady.
YSRRider is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #46
PHeMoX
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Unknown
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow View Post
It's kind of annoying when cheapskates ask you to pay their fee, too. Which is why the gift thing is popular. Pay the frickin couple of dollars for paypals fee if you're selling something. And don't ask for that crap(the fee) in your for sale ad. If you want $100 for your toy and $3 to cover the fee....then ask for $103!!! Why in the HELL would I pay YOUR fee??
Why complain about a lousy 3 dollars extra? Assuming you're not getting scammed, I'm perfectly fine with a $3 fee for Paypal. Most of the time I'd add such costs to shipping costs and be done with it.

A bigger nuisance for me tends to be the shipping costs that sometimes seems incredibly random, too high and different to what other companies charge.

The 'profit' margin on shipping costs for a company you buy products from really should be zero in my opinion.
PHeMoX is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #47
GunnyGlow
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,960
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aurora, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRRider View Post
He purchased it for the wrong year motorcycle. Yes, I did list it again because it was being shipped back to me in a timely fashion. When the auction ended the second time, the buyer was demanding a tracking number right away. So yes, I did list it again before I had it back in my hands. The first guy to buy it drove out to pick it up along with other parts. We knew each other from an online forum. We're both honest people. I think I know where you are going with this. The second transaction would have gone fine if the guy wasnt so demanding. I had a near perfect feedback rating. He had no reason to think I would try to screw him. Obviously he was the one trying to be shady.
I would have been a little concerned that the first buyer, or the courier, might damage the item. Then, you get it back and have to explain to the second buyer the issue.
Lesson learned though...right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PHeMoX View Post
Why complain about a lousy 3 dollars extra? Assuming you're not getting scammed, I'm perfectly fine with a $3 fee for Paypal. Most of the time I'd add such costs to shipping costs and be done with it.

A bigger nuisance for me tends to be the shipping costs that sometimes seems incredibly random, too high and different to what other companies charge.

The 'profit' margin on shipping costs for a company you buy products from really should be zero in my opinion.
So, is it safe to assume that anytime you use your CC it is ok for the person operating the POS machine to charge you the transaction fee? If so, that is ok.
But, I disagree with that practice. Especially considering that, much like Paypal, the person operating the POS machine agrees to certain terms.
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here


Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here Post Here For Items You Want To Buy

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com