Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9 with DS8717 Servos

I had DS8717 servos on my heli running very well with DX7, and now I switched to Aurora 9 to take an advance of its telemetry features. However, I got an issue with the DS8717 servos. DS8717 only responsed from 0 to 70% of the travel setting. Anything above 70% (roughtly 71%) all DS8717s do not response and have no torque (you can move servo wheel by hand), and they will response again when the stick moving below 70%.

I remember of reading somewhere on HF about the DS8717 digital frame rate, but I couldn't find the thread anywhere. Is there any way that I can se the frame rate for DS8717 on the Aurora 9?

Would you guys help me to figure out? Thanks.

MT
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro - Servo Resolution - Frame Rate & Compatibility Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDV View Post
I had DS8717 servos on my heli running very well with DX7, and now I switched to Aurora 9 to take an advance of its telemetry features. However, I got an issue with the DS8717 servos. DS8717 only responsed from 0 to 70% of the travel setting. Anything above 70% (roughtly 71%) all DS8717s do not response and have no torque (you can move servo wheel by hand), and they will response again when the stick moving below 70%. I remember of reading somewhere on HF about the DS8717 digital frame rate, but I couldn't find the thread anywhere. Is there any way that I can se the frame rate for DS8717 on the Aurora 9? Would you guys help me to figure out? Thanks. MT
Perhaps EPA is to wide, beyond the capability of those servo.
This thread:
Gyro - Servo Resolution - Frame Rate & Compatibility Explained may assist.

[additional to above thread, Pulse Data =
All Hitec servos require 3-5V peak to peak square wave pulse. Pulse duration is from
0.9mS to 2.1mS with 1.5mS as center. The pulse refreshes at 50Hz (20mS).
JR do not appear to have released similar detail for the DS8717 whereas they have for some others.]

A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
This thread:

All Hitec servos require 3-5V peak to peak square wave pulse. Pulse duration is from
JR do not appear to have released similar detail for the DS8717 whereas they have for some others.]

You are absolutely right. It works normal at 100% travel.
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
This thread:

Alan T.

Refresh rate for Hitec Digital Servo - Update:
"Current digital servos are 300hz (300 times per/sec) while the new brushless will be 800Khz. Yep, that's Khz so 800,000 times per second" - Mike
"What we've found with the brushless vs. coreless is that the speed of the servo does not slow down the closer it gets to the limits. While both motors stall at 486in/oz, the coreless will start laboring and slow down below that, where the brushless will not, therefor if asking 80-90% of the servo at all times the brushless will be much crisper feeling. "

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in