Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #741
HK500Pilot
Registered Users

Ivor, what are your thoughts on a field programmer that refuses to connect with the FM? It never goes to the main adjustment screen........when connected it just says connecting on the programmer.

Any help would be appreciated!
HK500Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #742
vespine
Registered Users

hobby king watched the video i posted of my issue and deemed I have a faulty unit, the best part is they are sending me another unit and i don't even have to send the faulty one back! They said i can bin it, now that's great service if you ask me... I'm obviously going to keep the unit for spares as I'm pretty sure it's only the gyro that is faulty..
vespine is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #743
HK500Pilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespine View Post
hobby king watched the video i posted of my issue and deemed I have a faulty unit, the best part is they are sending me another unit and i don't even have to send the faulty one back! They said i can bin it, now that's great service if you ask me... I'm obviously going to keep the unit for spares as I'm pretty sure it's only the gyro that is faulty..
Wow, that is great service. I haven't had the best of luck with Hobby King. Hopefully you can get things working soon.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #744
HK500Pilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK500Pilot View Post
Ivor, what are your thoughts on a field programmer that refuses to connect with the FM? It never goes to the main adjustment screen........when connected it just says connecting on the programmer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Still having issues with one of my KDS units. I have the Flymentor on 3 of my helis now but my latest one is still giving me fits.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #745
Ivor Hill
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK500Pilot View Post
Still having issues with one of my KDS units. I have the Flymentor on 3 of my helis now but my latest one is still giving me fits.

Any suggestions?
Sorry I can't help I have never used a Field programmer.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #746
HK500Pilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Sorry I can't help I have never used a Field programmer.
The FM will not connect to Helibal either.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #747
vespine
Registered Users

got my replacement FM today, initialized without any issues There was definitely something wrong with the gyro unit in the 1st one I got, fortunately HK were very good about sending a replacement.

Thank you guys for your assistance. Setting it up as we speak. Can't wait to try it out
Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #748
vespine
Registered Users

hi again. i think I got the flymentor set up pretty much right, i have a separate tail gyro and i have aux 2 set up to control the flymentor gain. position 0 is 0% and position 1 is -125% which i believe is about 80 in horizontal mode. horizontal mode seems to be working correctly, ive only tried it in a high hover, nothing extreme yet.

what i can't work out, is there a "recovery mode" where if you let go of the collective the heli will self correct, is this just horizontal mode? it just seemed to me that in horizontal mode, the unit is fighting my inputs, do i have to lower one of the other settings for it to only correct when i let go of the sticks?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization