START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 05-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #641
copterboy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers Sutty, will have a read up later, and see if I can apply the mods to the kasama head. I'm assuming it may not be possible, unless I buy new main grips and arms, but will have to research that properly. So it could be complicated and expensive with the kasama head and therefore, not be worth it, even if possible!! If that's the case, then I'll just do it to the align head!!

Might just put a quick post in the 600 and kasama forum and see if there's anyone there who has done a conversion already.

I scratched up another steel ball last night and tried to resize the links again. I found it's not sharp enough to take enough off it so gonna get a tool ordered as the next step.

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #642
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Be aware, that when going fbl, especially on your 600, the main shaft has to be upgraded, also.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #643
copterboy
Registered Users

I have to ask why Tom? I would assume that is only the case if I was planning on changing to the Align PRO head, as I believe it has a lower profile (probably because there is no washout base).

If I'm converting the FB Kasama head, or the FB Align head, then the current align main shaft will be ok, as both those heads fit already. Unless, there something I'm unaware of?

I've asked in the T600N forum to see if anyone has converted the Kasama head already. And I've just PM'd the UK distributor, to ask if they are aware of any modding, or if they want to work with me to come up with a way of doing it (get sponsored for parts, and hopefully attract more sales for them!). EDIT : Even better, just found out where they're based, and Halifax is about an hours drive from me!

Just heading off to the Kasama forum now, to put a similar post in there

Old 05-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #644
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still on Align standard main shaft with mine. Only bought links and balls, as I had the other cross shaped horns.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #645
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Had to do a dbl check.

Align 600DFC Main Shaft(ESP) H60247 is the common shaft between the 600 nitro and the epro.
The h60243 is the softer fb shaft used by the nitro.

Had to look, as I remember getting the wrong shaft once and bending it.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #646
copterboy
Registered Users

Strangely enough Tom, I think I remember that bent shaft, but in the very early days!! As I do the comment I made to Sutty about another DTS mod I don't think I'll do the DTS mod yet, but it's something I can look at in future. Maybe next winters project, or for when I get my own servo's.

Getting some help in the Kasama forum about the FBL mod, so looking like I'll convert the Kasama head, but for now I'll re-size the balls and I'm gonna try get to the club in 2 weeks to give it another try. Just my luck, I found some spare plastic kasama links, and annoyingly they fit the balls perfect, but I don't have a 15mm threaded linkage rod to make my own. But the double ended small fixed link needs sizing!

Seems there are two possible ways to do a FBL mod on this head. The complexity of the head, actually makes it more adaptable if you like!! The cyberhead of the Dune and Faifa are different, so possible to do the FBL mod like either one!! As I only have a 600, I'm wondering if the Faifa 90 parts fit. So still other things to check on, if the Dune arms won't fit!

Old 05-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #647
copterboy
Registered Users

Glad I found that post I quoted earlier, almost like I recorded it for a reason!! Turned out I'd not even tightened up the loose screw on the tail push/pull lever! So I just pulled it out and re-threadlocked it and checked the rest of the tail screws, and for free movement from servo to tail blades. Feel happy that is done, don't want a 600 piro'ing out of control!!

Wanted to mention this to Sutty, about the servo arms. I can't remember which servo horns you sent me? I have got some round white one's still in the boxes, but that's not what I got on the heli I think I may have bought these * horns (6 armed ) for some reason when I borrowed them? Again, that long ago I can't remember exactly why! Maybe in email or PM history somewhere, but it's not important enough to search out. Eitherway, even if I did buy them, they are yours, when they get returned.

But most important, they got 3 holes on, at what looks like 7.8/10/12.8mm. So that's something else off the pre-conversion checklist Hoping I'll get blue lights with the geometry of the Kasama head too So I can count today as doing some good progress. And better get my head down for work tomorrow, didn't realise it got that late!!

Old 05-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #648
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No idea Denis. I don't remember any white ones, but no issue, not worried about those.

If you get good geometry out of them, when it comes to new servos, sometime in the future, stick with them anyway, assuming they fit.

Sounds like you should be able to get good variation with those three hole positions.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #649
copterboy
Registered Users

Cheers Andy. Got invited out by my old boss tonight, so I accepted and now too drunk to take anything in . Will be back to it after work 2m

Old 05-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #650
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Last edited by Tomstoy2; Yesterday at 02:16 AM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #651
copterboy
Registered Users

Pulled the trigger on a ball link sizing tool, should be here by Friday. Back to the research!

Old Today, 03:47 PM   #652
copterboy
Registered Users

Oh poop!

Think I ordered the wrong size link sizing tool!! One I have goes 4.75mm-4.8mm. Just noticed they're listed as 4.95mm on the KSM website, so I probably need a 5.0mm sizing tool

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP