Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
blade-man
Registered Users

Default Just wondering:

And I will start by apologizing for not trying to search the forum for this ( never seem to have a whole lot of luck with that ).

I have an "old" MCPX V1 that has a ka-billion flights on it that somewhere along the way seems to have lost it's "zip". I still play with it in the back yard so would like to get it right.

I've been flying it for four years so obviously there probably isn't an original piece left on it. ( maybe 1 servo linkage - and the main board ).

It currently has these just replaced new pieces on it - frame, motor, main gear & main shaft. The blades are @ 0 pitch at mid stick and I believe the radio to be set up properly. It flies, is very stable, tail holds fine and by the way - flying it with new Pulse 300mah lipos. Give it full throttle and it goes up pretty fast but nowhere close to "popping up" like it used too.

My main question is does anybody have experience with the main board on these deteriorating over time and is there a speed control function in the board that can possibly only work half- - -? A year or so ago I did solder a new battery lead to it. I am proficient at soldering, didn't leave the heat on the joint too long and it looked good and worked when done -but- maybe the pieces around it are more sensitive than I thought.

Would like to get an opinion or two before I go looking for a replacement main board?

Thanks ahead of time for passing on any of your experience

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
ronj
Registered Users

Just a couple of thoughts. Are you getting zero pitch at mid stick? I'm just wondering if you don't get as much positive pitch as you did. Also, have you replaced the bearings? They could be dragging a bit if they are old.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:27 AM   #3
Leftyatm
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check main shaft make sure nothing is binding. I put an xtreme one way bearing and shaft/hub set up on my v2. Flying it it was awful! Full pitch and it would almost fall out of the sky. I looked close to see the top of one way bearing was running against the bottom screw on the microheli frame. So I spaced it. Was better somewhat still slow and surged. Realized my battery pack was resting against bottom of main shaft. So I said hell with it out the old stock shaft and gear back on and it flew like a whole different beast. Just make sure nothing is rubbing or binding.
Blackout mini hex fpv race quad
Leftyatm is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
blade-man
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions guys - I'll check them out and keep playing with it. Sooner or later I will figure it out even if it's purely by accident..

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:20 AM   #5
dr dremel
Registered Users

Hey blade man, few things come to mind as reason for weak performance:

1. Dead battery. These small cells loose their performance quite a bit faster than bigger packs, mine are usually dead after 100 cycles.

2. Power connection failure. Check your batt connector or where the cables go into the board. If they are frayed its time to resolder.

3. Motor worn out. The brushed motor lasts around 200 flights until it looses power. That was when Ive gone brushless.

4. If youve mainly flown bigger helis and come back to a stock mcpx, its sometimes a bit shocking how weak they were. So there may be everything alright with your hel, but youve spoilt yourself with bigger/more powerful helis.

Dr

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help