Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related


Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
bradharvy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,975
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default anyone own a cherokee, Great Planes?

Getting into glow planes... More money! I really have had more fun with my foamies than my helis, lol. IDK why, maybe I can just see them better and not get so disoriented! My helicopter skills are medium at best, mostly stuff that is 10 yards out and up and that's it. It's a blast having a plane 100 yds out doing 40-60 mph with wind ripping by, oh what a feeling . I have a trainer superstar, w/la 40 and it's fun but limited and UGLY! So I am looking to get a sport/ scale mid to low wing plane. Love the looks of the CHEROKEE! However it isn't as sporty looking as I'd like but think this is what I want.
I'm not in to war birds, look cool but not for me. Any suggestions other than the Cherokee? and not afraid of a 3d plane as long as it can be tamed down to learn and then be opened up! Want to be around 52 to 60 inch wing.
Just typing on a boring day but if someone wants ta kill some time and reply... That would be cool!
__________________
Happy flying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
rotorfan
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,149
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Default

I just got the greatplanes cherokee ARF Havent started putting it together yet but have taken it all out of the packaging an I have to say I was quite impressed with the quality and how much is done even the fuel proofing of the firewall was done I figure 5-6 hours and this thing can be in the air. And Im gonna make the flaps operational,but ya dont have to. There are some prety good review and video if ya google it.
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
bradharvy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,975
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorfan View Post
I just got the greatplanes cherokee ARF Havent started putting it together yet but have taken it all out of the packaging an I have to say I was quite impressed with the quality and how much is done even the fuel proofing of the firewall was done I figure 5-6 hours and this thing can be in the air. And Im gonna make the flaps operational,but ya dont have to. There are some prety good review and video if ya google it.
thank you! I was wondering bout a build vid... Awsome to know, looks like a great plane. Gonna buy! Again thanks!
__________________
Happy flying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
ElIntocable
Registered Users
 
Posts: 363
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: WAFB, MO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
Getting into glow planes... More money! I really have had more fun with my foamies than my helis, lol. IDK why, maybe I can just see them better and not get so disoriented! My helicopter skills are medium at best, mostly stuff that is 10 yards out and up and that's it. It's a blast having a plane 100 yds out doing 40-60 mph with wind ripping by, oh what a feeling . I have a trainer superstar, w/la 40 and it's fun but limited and UGLY! So I am looking to get a sport/ scale mid to low wing plane. Love the looks of the CHEROKEE! However it isn't as sporty looking as I'd like but think this is what I want.
I'm not in to war birds, look cool but not for me. Any suggestions other than the Cherokee? and not afraid of a 3d plane as long as it can be tamed down to learn and then be opened up! Want to be around 52 to 60 inch wing.
Just typing on a boring day but if someone wants ta kill some time and reply... That would be cool!

What's up Brad!? This is David. I was out at the field the other day with Chris hot-rodding the UMX Beast and Sbach. Would you be interested in an Escapade? I have a friend who is parting with a brand new one, complete with servos and an OS 46. He is also throwing in 2 other planes just to get rid of them. The other planes are rough, but I know one flies. He didn't even finish building the Escapade. Ok, here is the kicker, he only wants $150. Everything for the Escapade is brand new. Shoot me a text, Chris has my cell. I can email you some pics if you want. The guy who is selling the planes is a coworker of mine. He's a good guy. Let me know!
__________________
Planes: Crack Yak, Habu, F-27Q Stryker, T-28D, UM P-51D, P-51 BL, UM SU-26XP, P-47D, UMX Beast v1 & 3D, UMX Sbach 342, UMX Extra 300 3D, UM F-27Q Stryker, H9 Mustang 40, UM Mosquito, Sky Angel 650mm Mustang/550mm FW190, FMS B-25, 64mm Mig-15 XG11 DX8
ElIntocable is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
bradharvy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,975
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
What's up Brad!? This is David. I was out at the field the other day with Chris hot-rodding the UMX Beast and Sbach. Would you be interested in an Escapade? I have a friend who is parting with a brand new one, complete with servos and an OS 46. He is also throwing in 2 other planes just to get rid of them. The other planes are rough, but I know one flies. He didn't even finish building the Escapade. Ok, here is the kicker, he only wants $150. Everything for the Escapade is brand new. Shoot me a text, Chris has my cell. I can email you some pics if you want. The guy who is selling the planes is a coworker of mine. He's a good guy. Let me know!
thanks.. Have him shout. I like good deals!!! I'll see ya.
__________________
Happy flying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
rotorfan
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,149
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Default

Hey bradharvey did you ever get your cherokee? If not I have mine for sale in the everything non heli related section.
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
eobie
Registered Users
 
Posts: 700
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Default

Get a pattern plane.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
CN 144
eobie is online now        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related


Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com