Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters

Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
Cpl Woody
Registered Users

Default HK FPV250

This quad has been tempting me for a while now. For the price it was too good to pass up just for the set up alone and the ability to just beat it up without causing my disco or other toys any damage.

HK FPV250 Package
KK 2.1.5
Gemfan 5030 Props
Multistar 1704 Motors (updated shafts)
1000mAh Turnigy 11.1V (3s LiPoly)
4 x Propellers 5x3x3in 2 green 2 black (CW and CCW)
Afro V3 12A ESCs (Simionk)
Power distribution Lead with Mini JST
FPV pan and tilt kit

I have a box!

Hope they gave me enough wire....

In work

And now how it is. Except Im using a helicoil antenna with it.

Only real things I dislike are that the props they come with are junk. I hit a bug and one of them shattered and in the process of blowing apart it took out two other blades. The other problem is that the landing gear falls off for no reason even when glued.... Ive replaced the lost ones with thick zip ties for now but Im going to look into other options. Probably going to test a 4s battery tomorrow to decide which ones I invest a little more cash in and Ill probably upgrade to sunnysky x2204 motors later. But for now this thing flies pretty aggressive even carrying the Predator V2 FPV set up. The pan and tilt kit it comes with is a joke as well. Just some cut fiber board that hinges. I intend to order a power distribution board as well and do an over haul of all the extra wiring. There is just too much wire for how small it is.

No regrets.
Cpl Woody is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #2
Cpl Woody
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Comparison of the motors

The tear down

The power distribution board I inserted under the KK

And this is how it sits.

It is an absolute rocket now... Like incredibly fast. I need to retune my KK a bit as the pitch and roll is too slow for how amazingly fast it is. For my opinion now... Would I recommend this package? Ehhhh and this is why.

Sunnysky x2204 X4=~$90
FPV250 Frame=$10
Afro 12a ESC X4=$40
KK2.1.5=$20
Orange 615x=$10

I realistically could have saved $50 if I had pieced it together.

It isnt a bad deal if your intention is to fly it as is and just enjoy either learning to fly or just having a small quad. On the stock motors it can be acrobatic if you turn up the KK sensitivity so you can play around with it. But if you are intending it have that super fast and powerful race quad then you may be better to buy this kit in parts.

Verdict: Its not a bad quad. The stock props are complete total garbage so replace those ASAP and the landing gear will fall off without any reason. But if you are looking for a learning quad or to just fly in a smaller area then this is absolutely perfect. Plus at that price you wont feel bad if you *cough cough* torpedo it through a tree like i did...
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #3
T/CHunter2009
Registered Users

Default The cash ??

How well did it do when you hit the tree? I want to build a mini quad this winter , but right now I'm having to much fun with my TBS Disco. I think for the price thats a pretty good deal for a bad yard beater. Hows your flight times? Thats the only thing that keeps me buying one of those minis right now. It seems the smaller they are the more the flight time drops. Mini or Sport Cub or maybe both.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #4
Cpl Woody
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/CHunter2009 View Post
How well did it do when you hit the tree? I want to build a mini quad this winter , but right now I'm having to much fun with my TBS Disco. I think for the price thats a pretty good deal for a bad yard beater. Hows your flight times? Thats the only thing that keeps me buying one of those minis right now. It seems the smaller they are the more the flight time drops. Mini or Sport Cub or maybe both.
Surprisingly hitting the tree into the ground and then slamming the ground three other times on the same flight ended in one bent prop. I love my TBS Disco but the more I flew it the dumber things I started doing with it so I bought this to beat up and not really think twice about. Out of the box (minus the props) it really is pretty perfect for the middle range flier. On my Predator V2 set up Im getting 7-9 minutes depending on how I fly. Since my rebuild I havent flown FPV as Im still working on tuning. I still want to try 4s before I buy some more batteries but I almost feel as though its over powered a bit. But Ill get used to it.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters