Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters

Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Jeff Troiano
Registered Users

Default Neat retracts

Came across this thought some might find this interesting. I've pledged the $110, which is the f450 plate and adapter to be able to mount a brushless gimbal.

I have a pixhawk build plan and think this would be perfect. As I want to play with the autonomous features of the pixhawk, and want to add a 3 axis gopro gimbal. Then I can let the computer fly, while I pan and tilt all I want.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-for-quadcopt

I don't know of this needs to be said or not. But I came across this site via Facebook. I'm in no way associated with the gentleman.
Jeff Troiano is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
fsusmithc2
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now that looks pretty dang cool. This looks like a really nice, clean solution for 450/550 size multirotors. I haven't really dug into it but I had a thought in the back of my mind to start looking at if there were retract options that would work on my F450. Seems like there are probably DIY mods but I haven't dug into that very much. Are there really no off-the-shelf options designed for smaller multirotors?

Seems the $25 level is the same as the $110, minus the RETRAX itself (both pledge levels get you a bottom plate, GoPro mount, and gimbal mount). I'm curious what his mounts look like as there are no pictures. Adding some static photos to the Kickstarter would be nice. Also seems a bit of a stretch to get $10k by September. I wonder if the rewards will go out to the backers even if the goal isn't met.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Jeff Troiano
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

With Kickstarter, he doesn't get a dime unless the goal is reached.

If he doesn't make it, I plan to email him and see if he'll still make it.

There are some DIY options for retracts. I just liked the looks of this one vs what I could make myself.

Hobby King sells the servo part for like $12 a pair. If you search YouTube, you can find a couple videos people have made showing how they did there's. I just liked the look of the 3D printed mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff Troiano is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HK just came up with a $60 solution to your problem, Jeff Too small for my hexa, will wait for bigger version or manage to make Tarot 680PRO foldable legs retractile:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utm_source=EDM

Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters