Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #1
T/CHunter2009
Registered Users

Default Maiden Flight WOW !

Sweetness ! This things a tank out in the wind. Didnt bother it at all. Cant ask for a better Maiden than that. Thank You All so very much for helping through my new adventure. I think I'm gonna like this a lot !! Its got some snap too. Nothing like a C.P heli but then again I'm staying in GPS mode for a while . I was a bit nervus since it's so dam windy out but I couldn't go to bed tonight with out test flying it. I flown in worse weather than this before. Actually I used to enjoy flying my Helis in heavy winds , makes it a challenge. But to maiden in the wind, Had to put my big boy pants on. I did notice that after a short piriod of time the Light started flashing red. Maybe voltage warning at 3.93 ?? I will have to check that.
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #2
SeanM
Registered Users

Awesome! Glad it went smoothly.

What FPV equipment do you plan on using with it?
- Spektrum DX7
SeanM is online now        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #3
setishock
Registered Users

Cool beans there TC. You had to wait long enough huh?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #4
SAMUELPINONFLORES
Registered Users

And the video??, you where so nervous that forgot the camera?. Ok ok well that everything went as stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
FLIP FPV
SAMUELPINONFLORES is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #5
T/CHunter2009
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Too cold and windy

I was going to video it but not feeling so well I was happy to get 2 flight packs in. I will save the videos for FPVING.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #6
Sailingeric
Registered Users

Very cool. I love how mine flies, just have a small side to side shake at high speed forward flight, I think I still need to play with the yaw gain a little.

TBS Discovery with Naza w/GPS
Sailingeric is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 AM   #7
setishock
Registered Users

The frame is flat presenting aerodynamic drag when you fly forward/backward, left/right, Like a heli the body dips in the direction of travel presenting the flat surface to the air flowing over it. The flat plate is acting like an air dam. Having said that, it could be as simple as the air is sliding off the flat surface unevenly causing some buffeting.

If that's the case then you'll have to figure out how to put an aerodynamic "bubble" of sorts on the top to allow the air to slide over the flat plate. Maybe cut a plastic ball in half then half ( or a little more ) again, then mount it to the front of the top plate, round side to the front. That would act like a deflector with out adding to the drag.

Then you have the drag the flat booms present. That could be why some kits and scratch builds are using tubes instead of flat panels for the motor booms. The drag is next to nothing no matter what angle you're at.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #8
Sailingeric
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
The frame is flat presenting aerodynamic drag when you fly forward/backward, left/right, Like a heli the body dips in the direction of travel presenting the flat surface to the air flowing over it. The flat plate is acting like an air dam. Having said that, it could be as simple as the air is sliding off the flat surface unevenly causing some buffeting.

If that's the case then you'll have to figure out how to put an aerodynamic "bubble" of sorts on the top to allow the air to slide over the flat plate. Maybe cut a plastic ball in half then half ( or a little more ) again, then mount it to the front of the top plate, round side to the front. That would act like a deflector with out adding to the drag.

Then you have the drag the flat booms present. That could be why some kits and scratch builds are using tubes instead of flat panels for the motor booms. The drag is next to nothing no matter what angle you're at.
Thanks for the input. I did adjust the yaw gain down by 5 points but I have not flown it yet do rain. It should be nice this weekend to give it a try. My wobble is very minor and only happens when diving down at about 45 MPH + and it was not there when I had all my gains lower but the quad felt very "behind" on my inputs so I adjusted everything up equally. I think it is just tweaking each one as needed. I use the Sony Action Cam mounted on top so there is a lot of air going in where there the Go Pro would so the ball/ deflector is a good idea no matter what.

TBS Discovery with Naza w/GPS
Sailingeric is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Multi Rotor Helicopters

Multi Rotor Helicopters Multi Rotor Helicopters Info and Support - Tandem, Quadcopters, Tricopters, Octocopters, and Hexacopters